Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #51
CarolD

Default Live feed

Thanks for the input! All very well thought out and interesting. I didn't know zip-zilch-nada about live feeds, so this really was a nice bit of new info for me.

As far as the making big piles of money...it'd be for charity, so if there's big piles of money, it goes to good causes and not into the pockets of any individual(s).

More later...

Carol
Old 07-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #52
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolD
Meantime, what would you like to see at a Leap con? (Other than Scott and Dean.) What makes a really fun weekend for you at a con? I know my own likes and dislikes, but I'm curious to hear what everyone else enjoys.
Scott and Dean would be enough to lure me to a convention. Heck, it wouldn't take a whole lot to lure me to one, really. But, besides them, I'd like to see guest stars, of course. Don Bellisario would be great, as well. And what about showing some episodes? Maybe we could get one of those DVD projectors so we could watch QL on the big screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Anything that I can do to help, well, I'm ready, willing, and able!

As to things to do...obviously ANYTHING QL is acceptable...how about game in the Jeopardy format? People (only those onsite on the day of the game) who are hoping to "play" would have to first go through a screening (perhaps 20 QL episode questions). If on passed that, their name would go into a drawing. Three people ultimately getting the chance to play.

Perhaps a fanfiction/fan video/fan whatever how to/improvement session. Another idea, Costumes (e.g. Best Al and Best Sam). It would be cool to have some sort of world link access...perhaps similar to an online chat...or town hall meeting that those not specifically at the conference could still see or hear at least for one session.
The Jeopardy idea sounds fun. I'd never make it past the twenty questions, but it'd certainly be fun to watch. And costumes would be great, too. Anyone else hoping one of our male members will be brave enough to go as Sam-as-a-woman?

Really, though, what does one do at a convention for an older show? There's no longer any new merchandise (which is disappointing!), and it's not like we can display any props. And the actors may not remember enough to answer questions properly. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic or anything, I'm just curious.

Maybe we could try to have something new, like a 20th anniversary fanzine or something.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #53
CarolD

Default Something new

I developed an outline for a QL novel that the publishers said "no thanks" to (in favor of "Mirror's Edge"). I still think it's a good story - very warm and fuzzy, typical early seasons Sam & Al - and am going to try to get it written. If we're shooting for 2009, that gives me quite a bit of time. (This would be a fanzine, BTW, since the published novel series ended 5 years ago.)

As far as merchandise, I don't know. People may still have old stuff boxed up somewhere. But we might have to rely on things connected to the actors' more recent work. (And Don B's as well.)

Keep tossing those ideas out - we're listening!