Ok... help... please... writers...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not fair! Come on you guys... you can't get me all excited about getting new stories... and new authors (too) and then just stop and leave me in the ditch! YOU CAN'T!

Brian!!! Make them stop!!!

Wait...

Let me reiterate I am a bit tipsy at the moment.....

Don't stop writing. If these stories are as good as they seem that they are going to be... then do so and write write write!

HOWEVER, please quit teasing... it's not nice...

:cry

Sowwy...Actually the rough draft for Part II should've headed your way by now.
I've dragged myself back to the Word Processor to tweak what I sent you, changing a word or adding a piece of description. I feel like George Lucas making a special addition...:b

Anyhoo, I'm gonna hold off on any possible story ideas until I know if my current one gets the green light because I might spin off from it. "You spin me round round..":nut :nut :nut

Oops..shouldn't make tipsy people dizzy...:x

And here is that link to that PROJECT that Damon so kindly mentioned.

Into The Future

I thought of this concept 2 years ago and wrote the prologue but never went any further with it until the announcement of "A Bold Leap Forward".

I thought it would be an interesting follow up from "The Starbright Project" and "The Virtual Seasons", and with the twists and turns of "Quantum Retribution" would make a nice "family" of Fan Fiction.

I was hoping to have the first story "Phases" finished by "Leap Day" (February 29) but alas, other commitments and computer problems have gotten me way behind schedule in everything.

"Phases" is far from complete but I thought I would give you a taster of what is to come.

Anyway, let me know what you think and if any of you are interested in writing.

OK, I sent everything again. Hopefully you'll be receiving it in a few minutes...

just remember everytime you drink...

"There's got to be a morning after..." hehehe

Ohhhh boy! I'm so excited. More reading! They (both emails) were hiding in my mail box. Sorry about that. I had to personally go to hotmail and take a look.

This is probably what I'll be doing most of the day tomorrow since I'm not feeling well now. And no, it's not the drinking that I did last night either.

You see... when you're a High School English and World History Special Education teacher and you have 3 kids at home who also go to school and the eldest comes home with strep throat... she tends to give it to me... since I used to be a carrier before I had my tonsils taken out. So, I'm sure that that is what I have.

Thankfully, we went to Mexico today and got some more antibotics and I've already have had 2 of them and will take another before bed. The fever induced state is also not a good thing either, but I'm making it through with another dose of Ibuprofen that is like 600 mg (also from Mexico).

*sigh* I hate being sick.

I'll talk to you more after I read your story DZL. Ok? I'm sure that it's going to be fine.

Could you tell me one thing though? I do have a tendency and so does my partner that when we see mistakes in it that we correct them (either on paper or highlight or the such). Is that a problem? I mean, are you going to be upset if I say that I comma is out of place... or that the sentence could be written better like blah blah blah??? Just want to know where I stand before I put anything to anything.

Let me just tell you what I normally do. I read it... make notes on the printed out version of the story... then check it for consistency and the whatnot. After I do that, then I highlight, put suggestions for the changes and send it back to you. That way if you have any questions, you can ask me. Usually, I'll know before hand if there is any problem with the story before I hand it over to AJ. When she goes over it, she basically is another set of eyes. Little errors slip through... ex: its instead of it's or vise versa. Just wanted to let you know so that you won't look at your story when it comes back and think - 'Dagnabit... that freaking English teacher just bled the life out of my story!' - or something to that degree but probably worse.

Don't want anyone to be upset... and I don't want anyone to think that their story sucks. All the stories are excellent. I mean, if you have read any of them on The Virtual Seasons, I would suggest one of the following to read from the 10th Season would be either "Eeny Meany Miny Mo Part I & II" by Sue Johnson; "Where The Buck Stops" by Helen Earl; or "Genesis Part I & II" by Damon Sugameli. They are all new writers that have come into QL:TVS this season and they are all wonderful writers.

Actually, all the stories that have come up this season have been completely and totally excellent stories. They rock the world with how they are written and the passion that they are written in.

So, I may go ahead and print it out tonight so that I can just curl up on my bed and enjoy. That's what I normally do with any of the stories anyway. Just curl up and read them and see my favorite duo doing what they do best.

I appreciate it that you put this first. You honestly didn't have to, but if this story is as good as I think that it will be... then there are two more weeks that have just bitten the dust this season. :D

Oh... and along with the story (stories) sent in the the site, there will be an authors page made for you since you put your time and energy into the story... we can do as much for putting you on our site. This will have a way to contact you (email), your website (if you have one), a list of the stories that you write and for which season, and a picture of you, if you'd like to have one there. So, if you wouldn't mind sending me a picture of yourself to put on the website, then I'd be more than willing to set that up for you. :)

Thanks so much!

Talk to you soon.

MJ

QLD,
Take your time, get better first...To be honest, I expect a lot of red marks on these stories. English class was never my strong suit, drama and media classes were more my forte...Sooooo, mark away on them. I never typed so much, so fast (although I doubt I hold the Guiness Record for fastest QL VS 2 parter written in just over 5 days...), so I didn't really scrutinize bad punctuation, missing commas, etc...My eyes couldn't look at a word processor screen for awhile without threatening to strike on me...lol...
I'll have to see if I can dig out a picture for ya...one that wont scare people and make them "Leap" out of their skins...:b
Going to Mexico sounds a lot nicer than the arctic weather I've had here the last few weeks. Makes me wish I could Leap into a Floridian for the next 6 weeks until Winter is gone.
Actually I just got done reading Part I of Second Genesis and after I read it, I almost thought I could tie in that story to mine (when you get to end of Part II you'll see how it might be possible)

DZL...

*sigh*

What else can I say... I mean...other than... welcome to the fold.

When I glanced over the summary outline, it sounded good... but this that came out from that outline is *blink blink* *shrugs*

It's undescribable. I'm baffled with speechlessness.

Do you have yahoo IM or AIM or ICQ or MSN?

Let me know.

E-mail me with the info if you do and don't want to pass it along here. I completely understand.

MJ

My story has something to do with Zoe's past...She is not in the "present" part of the story...
Actually I just got done reading Part I of Second Genesis and after I read it, I almost thought I could tie in that story to mine (when you get to end of Part II you'll see how it might be possible)

Hmm... what did you have in mind, DZL? I, myself, also have something in mind for a possible follow-up that would involve Alia and Zoey, even though Alia is now free and Zoey is now dead. (If you read the end of "Second Genesis II" you'll see how that might be possible.) :b

... That... and the fact that time-travel can work many ways... ;)

If you'd like to compare notes, you can e-mail me at suggie176@hotmail.com. Just be sure to put a message in the Subject line to let me know who you are, otherwise I'll consider it junk mail. I'm very curious about the plotline(s) you had in mind...

You are very right about time travel presenting many possibilities...Time is not a straight line going left to right. Who is to say that one of Sam's most recents Leaps dosen't happen during one of Alia's first couple of Leaps, Zoe would still be alive...food for thought... and yeah, I'll email ya, k?

Re: Things are going to get VERY interesting...

Okay, my turn to act like MJ and get super-excited! :lol

DZL e-mailed me with some tidbits of information on his upcoming 2-parter (which MJ has informed me shall air the last 2 weeks of February), and let me tell you all... there are some similarities between his story and mine in terms of the type of setting Sam finds himself in, but they end there.

Now, I can admit, I reread my own story as an objective reader (not as the writer), and it was very good. And I can honestly say that DZL's story has the potential to shake things up even more than my Connors character already has. Yes, it's that good from the little he told me about it! :D

I believe it is very possible that Connors can be tied into this somehow... and I might now have a pretty good idea of how to tie that into a story for The Starbright Project as well.

To Brian: I don't know how often you get to read TVS, but when you get the chance, I'm hoping you'll find some time to read mine (if you haven't already), so you could get an idea of what I had in mind for Connors. And then, once DZL's 2-parter "airs," we might be able to figure out a way to tie it all together, even though SBP is supposed to occur in a timeline BEFORE Sam's changes took place. If you really pay attention and get your brain working during Stephen's "paradox explanation" when you read "Second Genesis II," you'll see how that can all work. ;)

:nut

lol

Hurray, I might make sweeps month!!!!!!!!

:hurray

okay, going back to look for abby normal's brain to put in MJ's monster...:b

Now, I can admit, I reread my own story as an objective reader (not as the writer), and it was very good. And I can honestly say that DZL's story has the potential to shake things up even more than my Connors character already has. Yes, it's that good from the little he told me about it!

Good Lord, you're gonna give me Pearl Jam Syndrome (start off strong and then nosedive...lol)

Actually, I have a suggestion (that MJ will kill me for because it will require work...)

However, if I missed it, please let me know before wheels go in motion...My suggestion is this...Is it possible to compile factoids on each character per season to have writers quickly find what they need to put in stories? Basically for Season 6 list new facts introduced about Sam / Al/ any other main characters...and then do same for other seasons...

My reason for this...My story that I just submitted, I gave Sam a different blood type than one that someone else had previously given him...Luckily it was caught and corrected before it made the discontinuity section...lol

For example:
SEASON ?? FACTOIDS

Sam - list things new to character Blood type: AB (episode # or title)
Al - etc.
Gooshie/St. John - etc.
Beth - etc.
Thames - Killed in Season ?? (episode # or title)
Connors - new recurring character (rogue Leaper) introduced in season 10 (episode # or title)
(and so on...)

And writers, it might help MJ or whoever considers doing this to go thru your stories and compile the list to submit to make it easy and quick to do...

Just an idea..Does it make sense at all? If you have ever seen the Bio pages in the Quantum Leap Book (p. 14-15) this would be like an add-on with things introduced to the characters after Season 5...It will help other writers use things you introduce in your stories and give a greater sense of continuity..

and boy, I can't wait for Quantum Leap Book Part II with seasons 6 thru 10...lol...:b

A very interesting and useful comment, might make things easier for you MJ! Least then you won't get me bugging you every 5 minutes for facts that I haven't had time to read yet.

I have actually thought of this for quite a while. I mean, if The Virtual Seasons is meant to be a virtual continuation of the original series, I would think the bios of characters should reflect the updates as well.

The thing everyone has to remember is that MJ is only one half of the team... AJ doesn't always see eye-to-eye on some ideas that people have that might make the site even better than it already is. I don't want anyone thinking I have anything against AJ, I don't... I just think she needs to have more of an open mind toward what some of the "fans" might like.

Of course, if MJ and AJ both agreed, I'd be willing to try to help with those kinds of things. MJ gets bogged down with a bunch of stuff, as it is...

I would imagine it's near impossible for anyone to remember every new piece of information about each character that is introduced by different writers over a 5 season span. I figure this way, it would be a handy-dandy easy to access reference tool for all writers. You never know if something introduced by another writer might be useful to your story (or give you ideas to write something)

I'm always open to help too, MJ! But that's up to you and AJ. Damon is right, AJ doesn't always see "eye-to-eye" on certain storylines, etc and who does what, when, and how. I left my story open to possibly bring a character back to life but was voted out of that lol. But it's up to the producers and you can't always win but I love TVS and am proud to host it at Al's Place :)

Give me a shout if you need anything!

I'm sorry if I opened a bad can of worms...It wasn't meant to increase stress for you MJ...I was talking more about quick reference to new things introduced about the characters as far as trivial info..For example what started the whole "bloody" mess in the first place was as I said before confusion over Sam's blood type...If there was an update to the bio from the QL Book it might help

SAM BECKETT
Born:
Driver's License #:
Favorite color:
Allergic to:
Blood type:
Phobias:
(and so on)

and also create entries for newer characters like Siren or even Dr. Connors...but only if they are meant to be recurring characters

MJ has told me that Dman will be doing a great deal of work on this...I have suggested that anyone who wished may volunteer to make notes on a season...I have volunteered for Season 6 and will read thru all the stories in that season and jot down notes on new pieces of info on the characters. I know that there is a place for Leaping notes on the story tags but better to make sure nothing was missed...
My question is: when all is done who gets the info e-mailed to him/her?
Also, if anyone else wishes to volunteer for a season that would be great, it would save MJ from a lot of extra work and stress

Thanks,

DZL

ps if anyone who is in on getting this done needs to get a hold of me, my yahoo IM nic is: Maestro80sMusic

Another page to update.

More work on MJ.

More work when MJ is sick. *sigh*

I thought that was what the reference pages were for....

It is divided up by season... and goes into detail about the leap, who it was and when and if there was any sufficient stuff that happens. I guess I need to go back and redo it.

Unless you guys are talking... quick reference. If that's the case, I'm going to have to have some time... to get it all together. Because in the 5 years that I've been doing this... and with the wreck that happened in May... I'm lucky to remember what happened within the last month. My memory has gone to hell in a handbasket.

So, any help in this area would be nice.

If you want to do that type of thing. If not, I'll do it on my own.

MJ

You see, MJ, the reason WHY I offered is because I know very well how bogged down you get. You do too much, what with The Virtual Seasons, Quantum Retribution, The Leap Continues, Quantum Realities, etc. (Producer of All-Things-QL indeed! :p ) AND teaching and raising a family to boot. No one who knows you would ever expect you to be able to do it all. And we don't want you to... don't make me come down to TX and restrain you! ;)

I think what DZL meant was something along the lines of what I had been planning to do for The Leap Continues for quite some time now. One page newcomers could go to, where you could get key information on a specific character as it happens and not have to navigate through several different pages in the Tags, etc.

I'll even use The Leap Continues as an example: when all the bios for the characters were written, most of them had basic information up to "Mirror Image" or information that was created when the RPG story first began. Lothos is/was one of my characters, so I'll use his bio: the original bio lists that he was created by Zoey in 1999, and that he runs the operations of Project: Black Star in 2022, and not much more than that. After certain events in the story changed, I added an update: he sent a holographic copy of his main program back to the year 2000 to corrupt Ziggy by giving her emotions and the holographic body of a vixen, and his status is now MIA after he was in turn "deleted" by Eden, Ziggy's insane evolved form from the future (a direct result of Lothos starting to corrupt her in the "present"... how ironic). And the sneaky part of it was that I had actually been writing as Eden, but masquerading as Lothos for months before I revealed my switcheroo. MJ knew, of course, since she plays Ziggy after all (and we DID plot it together).

*Don't worry, DZL, this is unrelated to The Virtual Seasons. Consider that to be ONE timeline of many possibilites! ;)

Well, anyway, I hope you realize, MJ, that we just make suggestions like this because we love the site so much. I can't speak for anyone else, but I like to look at TVS as an unofficial "official" continuation of the series. While I might have personally taken a different direction with certain plotlines, you and AJ have made them your own and have created a much deeper mythology to an already great television series. (And yeah, I guess I feel like that mythology should be given more than just a season summary treatment.) And I respect the decisions you both have made. I'd like to see it go on for many more years. And if that means you'd need more help to maintain the site further on down the road or even now, then so be it. You know you don't even need to ask me, hon! :D

Well put...

I don't want this bio update project to be a replacement to all that has been done here, but rather I see it as a contemporary to be used in conjunction with already existing material...:D

Seeing as though I have a database already set up for all of The Virtual Seasons Episodes, I'm putting my hand up :hurray to do the coding for you and when it's finished then maybe someone who has read all of the episodes could fill in the extra details.

I'm gonna start on it now, so stop me if you do not wish me to continue: msn: suejbakula@hotmail.com

Oki Doki, I've finished the coding and I've sent copies to MJ and to Damon. Anything you want me to add or edit, just let me know.

Awwwww... you guys! You are so sweet to do all this work.
As for who really needs to get it all once it's all finished, that would be me.

But that you guys have already put in hands for all of this, I'm just really am surprised at the help. Thanks so much you guys!

MJ