The Leap Back 2009 @ Myspace.com

Can you explain to a NON-MySpacer how this will work and also why? Thanks! :)

Myspace is a social networking site for those that may not be familiar. I am not a huge fan of it, but there are a ton of young adults (and adults) that love to meet with new and old friends and chat. We have created a page for the convention because of the high profile MySpace has.

Lots of movies and tv shows are setting up a MySpace page. Just look at http://www.myspace.com/supermanreturns for the latest Superman Movie.

If nothing else, it'll bring people back to the website... and then hopefully to the convention!

Gotcha....so it'll be another place to get info, but not something we'll be out of the loop of if we aren't MySpace savvy.

One idea we are tossing around is having someone bring their laptop computer and blog the entire convention. Updated hourly. LIVE.

And where would this blog appear?

You guessed it. Anyone that's not able to come to the con should just go ahead and sign up for your myspace account now! :)

Also, we need a volunteer to do all this blogging. It's a lot of work, but think of the fun involved! Takers?

alsplacebartender said:
One idea we are tossing around is having someone bring their laptop computer and blog the entire convention. Updated hourly. LIVE.

And where would this blog appear?

You guessed it. Anyone that's not able to come to the con should just go ahead and sign up for your myspace account now! :)

Also, we need a volunteer to do all this blogging. It's a lot of work, but think of the fun involved! Takers?

I could blog... it would depend on what we would need to blog, right? I'm volunteering for that Brian. :)

*raises hand* Ooo Ooo Ooo! Pick me!

MJ

So you'd definitely be attending, MJ? That's good news!! I'm looking forward to meeting you and chatting about the Virtual Seasons.

Actually, I don't know if I'd be able to attend those days, Carol... as I have said before... because of those issues. If I am there, I'd love to do it.

I thought Brian was asking about BEFORE the conference blogging to let people know info for it.

From the get go, I've honestly wanted to be a part of this in some way, but it seems that no matter how hard I try, I'll not get to.

I'll just crawl over to my little corner of the world and just do what I do best.

MJ

If I am able to attend (which I'm hoping, as long as I get a job soon so I can start saving up), I'll volunteer to do the hourly blog. It sounds like something right up my alley (since I'm sure that if you guys are going to have filming going on, it'll be done by professionals, so I wouldn't have anything to do... lol).

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Looks good! And you've already lined up some guests? I know it's tentative, but that's exciting to know. It makes this feel so much more real!

I may yet have to cave and actually set up a MySpace page...I see there's already news on there I didn't know! :lol

I'll second Brian's request! I don't know anything about MySpace, myself (other than that I became a member just for the con, and I'm already being spammed by a very persistent troll) -- but you guys who are MySpacers can really help us out by doing the Friends thing. We've got 295 surveys back, and we'd LOVE to have 400 by the end of the year. Maybe even 500???

CarolD said:
We've got 295 surveys back, and we'd LOVE to have 400 by the end of the year. Maybe even 500???

I remember when the big concern was getting 250 surveys, or there'd be no convention. It's nice to see that that point has been passed, and there's the possibility of seeing that number doubled!

Another idea...

Hey Brian! Kudos on the MySpace thing! I'm on there so you will be on my top friend list for sure.

I have another idea too. Have you thought about Facebook? It's like another Myspace. It was once just restricted to college students with college IDs but now its open to anyone with an email address. TONS of ppl are on there (including me) and it would get a lot of exposure. Especially if a "group" was set up too. Just an fyi moment...

Samantha Beckett