SLIDERS DVDs

DeadZoneLeaper

Project QL Intern
Jan 17, 2004
Danville, PA
Sliders Season 1 & 2 (6 DVD set) will be released August 3rd...Retail is around $89.00...However, websites like DeepDiscountDVD might have it cheaper

This is definite now, Greg?

YEAH, baby!

Except... crap... more money I have to save up now! :hair :joy

Do I even *want* Sliders DVDs? Yeah sure it started out slick'n'cool with Judge Wapner's Communist Court (hahaha), but by season 2/3 it was complete crapola.

DVDFILE.COM posted it this morning under disc news

Did you notice how they referred to SLIDERS as a "time-travel fave"
:stupid
Then again it's not like I really got into this "great idea gone bad" show anyway

We all know there's only ONE time-travel fave when it comes to TV;)

I know, I hate when people get the facts mixed up. That was probably written by some person who saw 4 people jump into a weird-looking portal and said, "Oh, look, it must be time-travel!" Although there was one bizarre episode that could have been considered time-travel since time moved backwards on that world and they created a rip in the space-time continuum. And then there's one of the few great episodes of the 3rd season, "The Guardian" where Quinn met his 12-year-old double and changed his life...

I blame the Fox Network for screwing up what started off as a great concept. Tracy Torm? had a set plan for the show that he charted out chronologically, and Fox didn't give a damn. Episodes were shown out-of-sequence, so plotlines made no sense, and then Tracy Torm? left because of what they were doing to his show, and it went downhill from there. Some knucklehead execs thought, "Hey, let's rip off all these cheesy B movies and turn them into Sliders episodes. Heh-heh-heh ... cool, Beavis... heh-heh-heh..."

And then, it went to Sci-Fi and showed potential to be great again, but Mr. O'Connell's ego got in the way... oh well... I'll still pick the DVDs up, just for the sake of having my favorite episodes available to view whenever I want...

My birthday's gonna be sweet too...

Quantum Leap Season 1, MASH Season 6, Dead Zone Season 2 all come out on June 8th....Already told my family what to get me if they want a happy camper at the end of June