Comment and Question about the Evil leapers

L

Lothos2003

I've read a few interpretations and speculations about the nature of Alia, Zoe, Thames, Lothos. etc from the actual episodes. Zoe said something along the lines of this to Alia "we crawled out of hell to land simple jobs like homewrecking and (adultery?)." I took this to mean that Alia and Zoe literally escaped fiery damnation in Hell by agreeing to do this evil leaping for Lothos (aka Satan). Alia, Zoe, and Thames must have sinned alot in a previous life, and actually went to Hell, but Satan gave them a way out, gave them their lives again, in return for her services as a leaper. Now conventional modern day religion typically says that Hell is not temporary and cannot be escaped. So according to this, I think some people say my interpretation cannot be right, because Alia indeed escaped Lothos and Hell to go with Sam. So she could not have been in Hell literally many might say. But I think people need to recognize that older Christian theology and Muslim theology say that Hell may be temporary if one repents. I think Bellasario subscribed to this temporary concept of Hell, thus I believe Zoe's words regarding their past should be taken literally as they don't necessarily contradict Alia's escape of from Lothos and Hell. What do you think, any thoughts from anybody, if this contradicts with other clues from the show, I'd like to know, cuz I'm trying to straighten this out in my head.

Much mystery surrounds the Evil Leapers. Who knows? I think they probably got involved with the "evil project" with good intentions but something went terribly wrong and they got trapped in time for whatever reason kind of like Sam. I don't think Alia and Zoey are dead and actually lived in hell, but maybe it felt that way to them at some point.

This would support the theory that God is in charge of Sam's leaping if indeed the devil is in charge of Alia's and Zoey's leaps.

Good topic! Anyone else care to air their 2-cents?

:bat

The Rod agrees B-Man, He doubts they are actually dead and in hell. If they were, well it would have all kinds of ramifications for Sam.

The Rod did a RodVision on the evil leapers a while back, and someone commented with their view of what the evil leapers are about:

Basically, when Sam was questioned using drugs, he revealed secrets about Project Quantum Leap, then when he and Al switch Places, the handlink is left in the past.

It was theorised that perhaps these 2 incidents helped create the Evil Quantum Leapers.

In a way, He hopes this is how it happened, it would be much more of a twist to discover that EPQL is actually caused by Sam and Al!

Thats The Rod's 4 cents anyway....