1105 Lightning's Effect

Lightning's Effect

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

Lightning's Effect

(Leap date and location not mentioned)

Sam leaps in to find himself as an abused pregnant teen and must save her from being institutionalized.

Written by: M. J. Cogburn

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Valery S. Gemini said:
Ouch! Poor Sam, how many times has he already been hit, tortured, abused, shot at etc... since this season started? Hope he'll have some "relaxing leap" like last year's, because he surely deserves it!

I loved this story a lot M.J.! However, I think it's a bit too short: 1 or 2 more pages would have been just fine. While reading it, I always wondered who the baby's father is: Marla's boyfriend? (but then the guy's name should have been at least mentioned: has Ziggy forgotten to record such an information into her data banks?) or her father? (but at the beginning, Sam's -psychosynergizing with Marla- says "I love him" so this couldn't refer to Harold, could it?)

I once knew a woman who was abused by her husband (not to that extent, but still...) but she always refused to leave him, so I could understand Jennifer's attitude. However, if Dr Beek's available, I'd like her to explain to me why many women actually react this way IRL.

You did a great job, M.J. I hope to read more from you soon!

RATING: 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
This was a really good story. Very well done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
This was another good story by MJ, as I've come to expect from her. The only slight problem I had with it was that it was very short; it almost seemed like a "half-episode." Of course, that's not to say that the story itself suffered as a result, because it didn't. In terms of fleshing out the characters and such, there really wasn't much else to establish as far as I could tell. When it comes to abusive husbands/fathers, a lot of times, sadly, there really are no rational explanations for their behavior. Still, I personally felt the story could have used something... more. I'm not exactly sure what; maybe an extra chapter at PQL with Beeks trying to get through to the leapee. That would be my only real "complaint," as it were.

Seeing as the title of this story was "Lightning's Effect," it would seem that the lightning itself served to "pull" Sam into this situation in sort of a "walk-in/walk-out" scenario, which could explain why the leap was as quick as it was. (On a separate note, I find it either an amazing coincidence or clever scheduling that the lightning storm segueways almost seamlessly into next week's leap. Very cute!)

Well done, MJ!

RATING: 7

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Great story, M.J.

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Allie Cat said:
A short but good story by my dear friend. It gave me the creeps because I know all too well how that the events in the story are completely possible. Good job, MJ!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tom Jarret said:
Wow. Another tough subject tackled for the second week in a row. M.J. did a great job with this story and it is one of your best.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Boy howdy, Sam is really taking a beating this season...First. tortured by Lothos in the season opener, and now abused by the leapee's father...Somehow I get the impression that Sam still has a few rounds to go this season as far as the potential of his face being re-arranged...Overall, a good story, but it did make me wonder a few things as I read it: Was the baby with Sam or with Marla (referring to 8 & 1/2 Months episode)? and at one point I wondered if the baby Marla was carrying was from being raped by her father...I did like how your story ended with a storm and next week's begins with a storm...

A nice quick story, right to the point, and I look forward to your next story...:p

Great Episode

Wow. I loved the episode.I wish it could have been longer though. I can't wait to see the next episode. Sam is definately used to taking a beating after all the episodes he's been in. I hope he catches another easy leap soon.:D

Good story, MJ! Short... but good! I'm just laughing to myself at the comments Greg tends to make week after week. You'd think the guy has some type of insider knowledge on what's devloping behind the scenes or somethin'! ;)

Speaking of which, according to the schedule, next week's leap sounds like it's going to be the start of the big "November sweeps event." Looks to be another one for the history books... no pun intended! :b