Quantum leap leap into clown shoes part 2

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Al takes out the handlink from his inside jacket pocket. And the device starts flashing red, yellow and green all over the device.

"this is Great Sam you are a clown a travelling clown and your name is...."

Tapping into the handlink looking at it read out closey reading the data as it appears

"your name is Peter Davidson and you are know in the circus as Co Co the clown your stage name Co Co the clown age 32 it's the 27 July 1996 and you have been a professional clown now for nearly 5 years now...."

"Al am back in the circus"

"but it least you don't have to catch anyone this time"

"true and why am I here?"

Al starts to hit the handlink as it groans from his touch and continues to say

"ziggy says Sam...... Err well she doesn't know yet, We don't know yet but we are working on it we will know soon hopefully."

Al looking at the link in deep thought.

"but sam this is fantastic you are going to have so much fun this time Sam with this leap"

"as Co Co the clown?"

"definitely" Al smiling

"how?"

"don't knock it Sam clowning around is very serious business and a very good profession. I knew a clown once and he would visit all of us in the home I grew up in it was great and fun and that's how I first got introduced to the circus."

"Al what haven't you done?"

Suddenly there was a knock on the caravan door and sam looking tried and fed up just opened the door and another clown was standing outside and said

"Peter we did well today"

The clown stepped inside into the caravan and Al tapping again says to sam

"this is your colleague in comedy John Greenwood" Sam nods listening to Al carefully.

"so Peter I was thinking we need to add something new to our act to make it more exciting for a modern day audience. We need to keep our act fresh and and up to date."

"OK what do you have in mind?" Sam replys

"well a few things but I think magic could work really, really well but don't worry I will discuss it with you tomorrow in more detail during rehearsals before our next proper show. But well done for today our takings for the whole performance was really, really good" John taps Sam on the shoulder

And Sam smiles and John leaves closing the door behind him.

Al with his hands in his pockets and smoking his ciger says to Sam taking the ciger out of his mouth

"ill go back and run some more data passed ziggy but in the meantime Co Co have fun" Al smiles

Al taps the handlink and the imaging chamber door opens he steps into the white and after some more taps Al was gone back into the future.

Sam says outloud "thanks Al"

Leaping around in time always seemed like a lottery for me you never know who I would leap into next and this time the lottery of time and space gave me a leap on the silly side and this time I was hoping this leap would be a fun leap but knowing me lt properly wasn't going to be fun at all.

Sam went to the bathroom opened the door and looked at himself in the mirror he smiled at himself in the mirror and a jolly clown with no wig was looking back at himself from the looking glass Sam used the face paint removal and started to wrap the face paint off from his face and said to himself as he removed the paint

"OK Co Co Its good to meet you and I hope I don't have to do much clowning around on this one"

He got changed and looking like a normal, nothing special guy Sam went to bed hoping the next morning would be a better day.

End of part 2

Part 3

The next morning Sam left has caravan looking like a clown again and Sam wasn't too pleased about it and as he was slowly walking towards the big top AL appears out of thin air.

"AL"

"hi Sam... we better talk is there anywhere we can go and talk so people won't look at you and think your crazy?"

Suddenly a really good looking woman walks past and al looks at her with lustful eyes and says

"or I could just go with her"

"al?"

Sam looks at al with very disapproving look on his face.

"OK Sam"

Sam points at the near by toliets and after a few taps of the hand link al was gone.

Sam closes the toilet door and says to al

"OK what do you have for me?"

Al taps the hand link and says

"from what we can pull from the national archives ziggy thinks your here Sam to stop a murder."

"a murder who al?"

Al walks around the small room tapping the handlink continuing to say

"there's a 92.3 per cent change you are here to stop a fellow clown from being murder tomorrow night in the original history the incident was so damaging to the circus the circus couldn't continue and had to shut down and a lot of people lost their jobs Sam and it caused a lot of pain and suffering in more ways then one. "

" I see OK al go back and get me all the information you can"

Al taps in the device

Saying "I will be back before you know it hang in there Sam and after a few taps of the hand link al was gone.

Sam headed straight for the big top.

The rest of the day went well and was spent with Sam driving a clown car around the center ring of the big top and having half a dozen custard pies hitting his face.

After the rehearsals was done Sam was sat down on a bench waping the custard from his face and looking up at the big top and remembering his earlier leap from the last time he leaped in the circus even tho his memory wasn't perfect about that leap it gave him some confront in a strange way that he had been in a circus before.

While Sam was remembering his previous leap his train of thought broke with the sound of the imaging chamber door opening from behind him and Sam turns round and says to al

"anything new al?"

After a few taps of the hand link the door closes again and al says

"Sam tomorrow night you and your colleague is found died in a ditch 5 miles from here. Your not just here for your colleague sam your here to save you too."

Sam sighs and says "ohhh boy"

End of part 3

Part 4

Leaping around in time can be fun alot of the time but when it comes with having to wear a funny wig a clowns suit and shoes that are clearly too big for you I feel that God or time or fate could be having the last laugh on me.

After Al told me the news about my mission I went back to my caravan and tried to get all the sleep I could get the next day I awoke and suddenly I was punch in the face. And I fell into unconscious.

When I came too both me and my colleague was in a van tied together and we were heading towards an unknown destination.

I tried to free myself I moved the rope that was tiring my hands together and as I kept pulling them to my joy they came free I removed the tape from my mouth and my colleague looking frightened then he was ever been before I untied his hands and removed the tape from his mouth very quietly I said to him.

"do you have any idea why we're been taken?"

He was clueless and had no idea lucky I opened the van double doors and as we were still moving along the road I said to my colleague "am sorry but we are going to have to jump"

With not many options we both ran out of the van and rolled onto the road hitting the ground hard we both picked ourselves up and walked into the hard shoulder of the road and started to slowly walk back to the circus when we got back Al appeared and

Said "Sam you look a mess are you OK"

"not bad we have just escaped from being taken have we changed history?"

Al taps onto the hand link and reads very carefully.

"yes you have both you and your colleague have a full career in the circus, the circus continues to be a total success and continues even up to my time Sam in 1999 no one loses their jobs and the circus goes from strength to strength."

"so?"

Al says "so what?"

"why haven't I leaped?"

Al starts to smoke a cegar and as he reads from the hand link he says

"actually ziggy has a interesting theory on that he says you have got fed up off being hit by all those custard pies so it's time to get revenge....."

That very evening the show is in full swing and performer after performer comes on and Sam closes the show with him self clowning about in his clown car and as the car falls to bits the audience starts laughing he uses his flower on his suit to spary a few people in the face with water. But the big moment arrived as his fellow clowns tried to hit Sam with yet another pie. Sam got a bucket of water throw it over his colleagues heads and as they were completely shocked by being completely covered in water Sam hit them both in the face with a custard pie and Sam had the last laugh.

In that moment he leaped in a wave of blue quantum leap energy and leaped into time.

When the leaped faded Sam was driving a police car and he suddenly past a sign saying "Raccoon city"
He looked at him self in the rear view mirror and said out loud looking at himself I hope this time God, time or fate will go easy on me and suddenly he saw a dog in the road he stopped the car trying to avoid it and he said.

"oh boy!"

The end

Quantum leap book cover

Hi here is a book cover I have designed
For this story please click the link below to
View it.

Many thanks from John

Attachments

• untitleddesign_1_original.jpg
    untitleddesign_1_original.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1