Welcome to all new members

Fanfic

Wesleym134 said:
Of course I'm now 17 so that was a long time ago. I'm also working on a QL fanfic. I'll post it here on the board once I'm done with it.

Heyyyyy! Great, another writer. Did you hear that MJ??? We get to rope in another one. ;)

Welcome aboard. >D

Hi there I am soooo glad to have found your post.

I am very new to Al's Place a Whole week old. So I am having truble... I don't understand the web set-up. when I open my (page) it tells me that I don't have any post, does that mean that I don't get any of the new post in my box or my page without going and looking aroud like how I found your post. I hope I am making ceance. I just want to chat with other about how Awesome Quantum Leap is. What is "threads" and how do I get onto a subscripton?? I can't wait to meet all of you...soon Jmellissa aka JJ

Hi JJ,

The post count is the number of posts you've made. So as a new subscriber, you'll start with 0 posts. It can sometimes be :hair how quickly those numbers add up.

Subscribed threads would be those threads you've posted in. I believe it defaults to sign you up to each thread you respon to, which generates an e-mail to you notifying you of a reply (good way to keep track of threads you're really interested in, though the e-mails can start to add up <G>)

A thread is basically a string of posts under the same topic. If I initiate a new post, the subject line I enter becomes the topic of the new thread. Thread titles/subject lines help you to identify which posts you might want to read....or conversely, which posts you might want to skip (though why would anyone want to do THAT?? ;) )

So....continue reading and replying. Just jump right in and add your two cents to any conversation you find intriguing. Don't be shy!!! And welcome!! :wavey:

Wesleym134 said:
I'd be intrested on writing a fic for the Virtual Season. Though what should I write? *Thinks about what to write*

There are any number of stories out there for you to write, Wesleym134. :)

If you'd like to, email me and or message me (I'm usually online in the evening) and we'll chat about it if you'd like. Just let me know who you are... so I know who I'm talking to.

Also....

JJ... Welcome to Al's Place! :)

Not to rain on the writing parade, but I thought I'd mention that there's also Brian's prequel series, The Starbright Project: stories about Sam, Al, Donna, and Gooshie (among others, old and new) set during the 1980s, before any changes were made to history. I know Brian is sort of struggling to find some more writers to keep the project alive for at least another season, lol. (God only knows when I'll find that spark of inspiration to finish the one I've been writing. Writer's block is a terrible feeling...) As of now, there are only 9 stories to date (my first season finale is supposed to be the 10th episode), so there's not a lot of catching up to do for what's happened so far. Just thought I'd toss that out there too. ;)

Of course, if you want to try your hand at writing a story for both The Virtual Seasons and The Starbright Project, that's even better! A few of us have been trying to link the continuity in all of the virtual series together. :)

OH thanks for your helpful help. I have been reading each post and find that I think I might be in :dreaming with Al's place. :hatI just love AL's place.

Welcome to Al's

jmellissa said:
OH thanks for your helpful help. I have been reading each post and find that I think I might be in :dreaming with Al's place. :hatI just love AL's place.

Hey, we all love Al's place, so you should feel right at home here.
Welcome.
Pull up a chair and have a Rodbeer :cheers
(assuming you are old enough to drink)
Look forward to hearing more from you.
This place truly is the greatest for all things Quantum Leap.

JMellissa, Welcome to the Al's Place Message Board. It is always a good thing when we meet a new leaper. I for one am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and views of Quantum Leap. :cheers
Tom