Al's Daughters.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
I havent seen that ep for a while and I hardly watch it because I hate my bootleg, they cut out the funny parts at the beginning.

I find the version of this episode on the genuine USA released DVD(which I have) to be nearly unwatchable because of the AWFUL generic music at the end. But it does have the funny stuff at the beginning.

Stupid suits that wouldn't spring for the music rights to "Georgia on my Mind." :realmad

Have you looked at baby name sites on the web? Remember, Americans borrow most of their names from other countries, particularly Europe. It also depends on the nationality of the family in question. For Example, the Calivicci's would probably use names of Italian derivation. That's just a general rule, though, not a hard and fast one.

Also remember that, even though most Americans have a middle name, it's seldom used. It's more often an initial when signing documents. If parents are irritated with their children, the whole name comes out. Both first and middle names are used in wedding ceremonies. In the South, it is more common to use both names for ordinary daily use, but not in most other parts of the country. For example, my mom was from the South, and she was always called "Bettie Sue," even when she moved to Kansas. She had a tendency to refer to her grandchildren that way, too: "Keith Joseph," "Katie Sue," "Lisa Marie," "David Michael." It's a bit of a regional oddity.

common American street names:

There's nearly always a Main street, particularly west of the Mississippi river, because most towns started along a single street.
Tree names are also common street names, at least here in the midwest: Maple, Oak, Elm, Cedar, Hickory
Most towns and cities also have numbered streets, such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. A small town might go up to the 20's, a big city, hundreds. Kansas city and its suburbs (a mid-sized American city) are up to 151st Street.

My town also has streets named for Indian chiefs: Keokuk, Powhattan, Blackhawk. That's probably pretty unusual, though. A town to the north of us (home of Scott Bakula's alma mater, as a matter of fact!) has streets named for states in the United States: Iowa, Massachusetts, Vermont, etc.

Developers of new subdivisions might give the streets names following a theme. Two subdivisions here have streets named for their children or grandchildren: "Megan Lane," "Austin Circle." A subdivision next to a golf course has golf names: "Pebble Beach," "St. Andrews."

If you are setting your story in a real place, try online street maps like Mapquest.

Hope that helps.

Storyline

And she also wrote one of the daughters as a chip off the old Block; having had five spouses like daddy hehe.
Wait a minute. You can't have it both ways (well you can do anything in fanfic, but this would be one that wouldn't make logical sense.)

If pre-MI then Al had 5 wives and no daughters.

If post-MI then Al had 1 wife and four daughters (except in some fanfics like TVS where Al has 2 mothers to 5 daughters.)

You can't have post-MI with Al having 5 wives unless you had the other 4 marriages outside the long-term marriage with Beth (so either she wasn't his first wife or the last or both.) I guess there is also the possibilities that Al could be a multiple bigamist, but I don't even want to go there.

asearcher said:
Wait a minute. You can't have it both ways (well you can do anything in fanfic, but this would be one that wouldn't make logical sense.)

If pre-MI then Al had 5 wives and no daughters.

If post-MI then Al had 1 wife and four daughters (except in some fanfics like TVS where Al has 2 mothers to 5 daughters.)

You can't have post-MI with Al having 5 wives unless you had the other 4 marriages outside the long-term marriage with Beth (so either she wasn't his first wife or the last or both.) I guess there is also the possibilities that Al could be a multiple bigamist, but I don't even want to go there.

I know I didn't mean "chip off the old block" literally. I was merely referring to the Al we know best, I was only expressing the daughter having four spouses as something familiar to us with Al.

cookiemom6067 said:
I find the version of this episode on the genuine USA released DVD(which I have) to be nearly unwatchable because of the AWFUL generic music at the end. But it does have the funny stuff at the beginning.

Stupid suits that wouldn't spring for the music rights to "Georgia on my Mind." :realmad

Yes of course the original music is the best but in my bookleg they cut out the following humorous scenes

1.) Scaggs and another guy are checking Sam/Jake for a concussion and the one guy against the wall being arrested says
"Hey I'm bleeding to death over here and all you pigs can talk about is guns and amo!"

2.) the scene where Sam is throwing all the woman's clothing at Scaggs and calling out names of women they article would look good on.

Those are some of Kristen's and my fav parts because they give a light mood to the ep to prepare you for the deep stuff with Beth so it was a shame to us that they cut it out of my bootleg.

cookiemom6067 said:
Have you looked at baby name sites on the web? Remember, Americans borrow most of their names from other countries, particularly Europe. It also depends on the nationality of the family in question. For Example, the Calivicci's would probably use names of Italian derivation. That's just a general rule, though, not a hard and fast one.

Also remember that, even though most Americans have a middle name, it's seldom used. It's more often an initial when signing documents. If parents are irritated with their children, the whole name comes out. Both first and middle names are used in wedding ceremonies. In the South, it is more common to use both names for ordinary daily use, but not in most other parts of the country. For example, my mom was from the South, and she was always called "Bettie Sue," even when she moved to Kansas. She had a tendency to refer to her grandchildren that way, too: "Keith Joseph," "Katie Sue," "Lisa Marie," "David Michael." It's a bit of a regional oddity.

common American street names:

There's nearly always a Main street, particularly west of the Mississippi river, because most towns started along a single street.
Tree names are also common street names, at least here in the midwest: Maple, Oak, Elm, Cedar, Hickory
Most towns and cities also have numbered streets, such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. A small town might go up to the 20's, a big city, hundreds. Kansas city and its suburbs (a mid-sized American city) are up to 151st Street.

My town also has streets named for Indian chiefs: Keokuk, Powhattan, Blackhawk. That's probably pretty unusual, though. A town to the north of us (home of Scott Bakula's alma mater, as a matter of fact!) has streets named for states in the United States: Iowa, Massachusetts, Vermont, etc.

Developers of new subdivisions might give the streets names following a theme. Two subdivisions here have streets named for their children or grandchildren: "Megan Lane," "Austin Circle." A subdivision next to a golf course has golf names: "Pebble Beach," "St. Andrews."

If you are setting your story in a real place, try online street maps like Mapquest.

Hope that helps.

It's helps,thank you. I guess it's time for me to search for common(or not) italian girls name.:)

BTW Is the name Beth is a short/nick name for a longer one?

But i'm looking for an american names because Al is an American, Sam is an American and so on. So i need suggestion for an american girls name(that maybe became popular in the last 30 years) Al might like, That why i'm asking you -Quantum Leaps Fan for suggestion. Well unless you think it make sense Al's moved to Israel and used israeli names for his daughters,and sam leaped to Israel during this time and actuelly knows hebrew...
You know, I was trying to be helpful, not snotty, in my response. There is no such thing as "American" names, just as there is no "American" language. You can go to any school and find girls named Mary, Marie, and Maria, boys named John, Ian, Sean, and Juan. And they are all American. It simply depends on what the family's background is. If Al is Italian, he may be more likely to use "Giuliana" rather than "Julia." My friend has never been to Italy or Israel, yet she named her daugher Felicia (for her Italian grandmother) and Ethan (an Anglicized version of a name that sounds like "Ay-tan," though I don't know how to spell it) for her husband's Jewish heritage.

Also remember that, even though most Americans have a middle name, it's seldom used. It's more often an initial when signing documents. If parents are irritated with their children, the whole name comes out.
I'm laughing, cookiemom, because my kids have learned to gauge just how p.o'ed I am by whether I use one, two, three, or all four of a kid's names when I call. I've heard the oldest one advise the youngest that she'd better get moving faster because "Mom used all of your names."

Andria and Isabela.But both of them are the second name not the first.
BTW did you know That the name Donna in Italy means "lady"?!

Question - i noticed that in two episodes of QL that DBP wrote or were a co-writer - "Double Identity" and "Last dance before an execution" they used the name Teresa/Theresa. And i wondered - is there a shorter name/Nickname people use to call females with this name?!

Tess?! Really?! So in the episode "How the Tess was one" it's possible Tess full name was Teresa.Interesting.
I guess it's means ,that it's possible we had 3 Lisa(TLH1,Hurricane and ALFL),during QL and 3 Teresa...

isz said:
Andria and Isabela.But both of them are the second name not the first.
BTW did you know That the name Donna in Italy means "lady"?!

Andria is the name of a city in Southern Italy (near Bari and Taranto): we usually use the version "Adria" or "Adriana".
Isabela is most commonly used with 2 "L".
They're are two pretty names.

You can use other Italian names like Francesca, Giovanna or Rosa (better if you will use the name with "Maria" in front of it: Maria Rosa, Maria Giovanna...etc...)
You can also use my name (Marisa) but it is not very common... :D

Ooh Giovanna sounds pretty, I would take it if I was writing a fic about Al's daughters but I am not. I am not the greatest at writing Al, that's my BFF's job, I am the Sam and Donna writer.

marisa said:
Andria is the name of a city in Southern Italy (near Bari and Taranto): we usually use the version "Adria" or "Adriana".
Isabela is most commonly used with 2 "L".
They're are two pretty names.

You can use other Italian names like Francesca, Giovanna or Rosa (better if you will use the name with "Maria" in front of it: Maria Rosa, Maria Giovanna...etc...)
You can also use my name (Marisa) but it is not very common... :D

Thank you for the tips,marisa. I'll add my "Isabela" one L, and maybe i will change my "Andria" to "Adria" or "Adriana".
About the name "Rosa"... I gotta say for a while i considered using this name instead of "Rose",after i thought to call one of Al's daughters - Laurel Rose.but i decided to change her name completely,in the end.

Now you mentioned the name "Maria"...Almost From the first time i started writing this Fanfic, I decided to call one of Al's Daughter Mary Elizabeth,so maybe in the end i'll change it to Maria Elizabeth,who knows...

P.S.
Are you from Italy or maybe an Italian-American,Marisa?!

isz said:
Thank you for the tips,marisa. I'll add my "Isabela" one L, and maybe i will change my "Andria" to "Adria" or "Adriana".
About the name "Rosa"... I gotta say for a while i considered using this name instead of "Rose",after i thought to call one of Al's daughters - Laurel Rose.but i decided to change her name completely,in the end.

Now you mentioned the name "Maria"...Almost From the first time i started writing this Fanfic, I decided to call one of Al's Daughter Mary Elizabeth,so maybe in the end i'll change it to Maria Elizabeth,who knows...

P.S.
Are you from Italy or maybe an Italian-American,Marisa?!

I'm from Italy 8)
I live in a small town in Northern Italy...Nizza Monferrato (well known for its wine :p). Do you know Asti Spumante or Cinzano or Gancia? :eek:uttahere

marisa said:
I'm from Italy 8)
I live in a small town in Northern Italy...Nizza Monferrato (well known for its wine :p). Do you know Asti Spumante or Cinzano or Gancia? :eek:uttahere

My mum used to be addicted to Cinzano!

I prefer Asti myself.