Scifi Fans Unite - Please Read

Luckleaper

Project QL Intern
May 21, 2007
It has been quite some time since I have posted here. I'm sure some of you might remember me from years ago fighting for Quantum Leap over on the Scifi.com board. I've come to you today to ask you assistance in another battle.

We've all written multiple letters in an attempt to bring back Quantum Leap, and believe me there is still nothing I'd like to see more than "A Bold Leap Forward" with a return of Scott and Dean to tie up the series. I will continue to be hopeful and devoted to the return of QL. But recently a new series has gripped my attention for the first time in years. I have become an absolute die-hard fan of "Jericho" which aired this past season on CBS. A fantasticly creative show about how a small town in Kansas reacts to a Nuclear strike of every major city in the U.S. It is about perseverance, community, and the fight to survive. Jericho was able to get off and running attracting nearly 12 or 13 million viewers an episode. But after a massive 10 week break mid-season it came back to average/below average ratings. After giving the fans a cliff-hanger season finale, CBS decided to cancel the show. Thats right, the first new show I start in almost ten years is yet again cancelled with a cliffhanger.

Well since the show has been cancelled, two weeks ago today, a massive campaign be waged upon CBS. As Jake Green, the show's hero, cried out the WWII battle cry "NUTS" in the last episode, Jericho fans have sent over 12 TONS of peanuts to CBS in an attempt to show how many fans there are. There have been countless e-mails, phone calls, and snail mail sent to CBS and we have recieved a statement from the network president, promising some sort of closure to the series. Well closure is not what we are seeking. We are seeking a second season and a second chance for the show. I am asking Quantum Leap fans for help in the push to return Jericho.

I'm not asking for much. A simple letter, or e-mail or phone call to CBS would be fantastic. Asking them to bring back Jericho for a second season and politely showing your support is all I ask. Below are links to some of the most relevant sites for this fight. I posted in this forum because I believe it gets the most traffic. If you don't wish to take part I thank you for reading this post. If you do I urge you to view some of the first episodes if you care too. The can be viewed online here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

If you simply choose to support your fellow scifi fans that are fighting the big bad networks then I thank you for you help. I decided to turn to QL fans because this group of Jericho fans reminds me of you. Devoted, loyal, intelligent, and willing to do anything to see the return of your quality program. Again here are some of the links to the campaign, and I thank everyone who read this. Have a good one and I hope to stop by here more often in the future.

http://www.jericholives.com/
(Main Battlefront for the show)

http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=CBSMBJericho

http://www.jerichorallypoint.com/sm/index.php

Thanks again. Luckleaper.

alsplacebartender said:
I think there may be something in the works like this coming soon for QL. We'll see in coming weeks.

Hmmm... first you're dropping hints about Troian Bellisario, now this. I think you know something we don't know! Well, enjoy being mysterious. :D

I would love to see QL fans come together like this. The more and more I think about the success that the Jericho campaign had, the more I wish that Quantum Leap could be given another opportunity. QL was a topic of discussion when Jericho fans were looking at campaigns of the past.

It's funny because there was not one Jericho fan that would have been satisfied with a tv movie for the series, yet thats what we are all praying for with QL. I know, very different situations but it still made me think. Here's hoping!

I have not been by this board in a very long time and it is a shame since my family and mainly me are HUGE fans of the show since and until now... congrats on the campaign! Of course, we were not so lucky. And for that reason, I rarely pick up the remote and watch new stuff. Because I know if it isn't popular and on top of the ratings heap within 15 minutes of its first airing, it's gone. :banghead So I enjoy my DVDs of QL, Sliders and whatever else can carry me off this insane, stupid planet filled with corporate nazis who have no idea what's good and decent in the world.

Welcome back, Me :hurray:

Last edited:
HologramIAm said:
I have not been by this board in a very long time and it is a shame since my family and mainly me are HUGE fans of the show since and until now... congrats on the campaign! Of course, we were not so lucky. And for that reason,. I rarely pick up the remote and watch new stuff. Because I know if it isn't popular and on top of the ratings heap within 15 minutes of its first airing, it's gone. :banghead So I enjoy my DVDs of QL, Sliders and whatever else can carry me off this insane, stupid planet filled with corporate nazis who have no idea what's good and decent in the world.

Welcome back, Me :hurray:

Thank you much. I've been very much the same way, Jericho is the first new show I watched in ten years, which is why I was so determined to get it back for a second season. I urge you to check it out, I think all QL fans would love it. It begins its summer encore episodes this Friday at 9 Eastern so catch up on the series if you can. Here's hoping we get a new Quantum Leap somewhere down the line.