Season 5 DVD issues

QuantumLeaper1989

Project QL Intern
Jan 26, 2012
recently i tried watching season 5 (region 1) on dvd, but both sides discs 2, & 3 didn't work at all in my pc or dvd players which are fairly new. Disc 1 worked but it couldn't get past episode 1 side A or on Side B. Is this a know issue with Season 5 or did i just get a defective copy? Please help me bcause i don't wanna buy another copy and have it be defective too. Also my dvd player had so much trouble reading disc 1 side A & B it actually created scratches

recently i tried watching season 5 (region 1) on dvd, but both sides discs 2, & 3 didn't work at all in my pc or dvd players which are fairly new. Disc 1 worked but it couldn't get past episode 1 side A or on Side B. Is this a know issue with Season 5 or did i just get a defective copy? Please help me bcause i don't wanna buy another copy and have it be defective too. Also my dvd player had so much trouble reading disc 1 side A & B it actually created scratches

You should probably return the DVD and get another copy.

Interesting that your DVDs are double-sided, in Australia ours are all single-sided...

Some of them in the US (depending on where you get them from) are double sided, but I'm not a super technical person. (I'm more like Al in that area :p ) :lol

I think it depends on the company that made the DVDs. I borrowed some from the library here, and some were in a different case. The ones I borrowed that were in individual cases weren't double sided.

Have you tried an alternate program for playing the DVD?
How old is the computer in question?
Do they play fine on a television?

The problem could be your CD/DVD drive, my 5 year old Acer has trouble reading DVD discs as well. My Being Human US box sets last I tried were the only discs it would accept at all, and even then it takes a few tries. Others I attempted were not read at all.

Or possibly the program you are using is defective. When I attempted to play the same box set of Being Human on the widely praised program VLC, I could get it to the episode menu before it would freeze up so that I could not select an episode. They however play perfectly on Window's Media Center once I get it to read them.

So don't be so quick to rule the DVDs as the problem, though I can see this post is quite late. Thought I'd still add my two cents for future reference.