• STAR TREK VOYAGER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deep Space Nine

• SLIDERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sorry, I can't help but giggle at this. :D You ask the Quantum Leap fan site a question for the best show on Sci-fi where Quantum Leap is a choice. I mean no harm nor insult, I just find this amusing.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
I'm sorry, I can't help but giggle at this. :D You ask the Quantum Leap fan site a question for the best show on Sci-fi where Quantum Leap is a choice. I mean no harm nor insult, I just find this amusing.

Samantha Beckett

I thought the same as you Samantha_Beckett :lol However I am wondering who the two :censored are that didn't vote for Quantum Leap :realmad ;)

hey, how come Star Trek: The Next Generation isn't a part of that poll?? No offense, but I'm a bigger fan of ST:TNG than I am of Quantum Leap. So NYAH Ziggy!

Well, or course I voted for "Quantum Leap". Although I have to say, being English, I am a HUUUGE fan of "Doctor Who". The 2005 series totally blew me away.

Although, I think it would be wise to say, and get this out of the way now.
I hate Star Trek. I do not watch any Star Trek. I want nothing to do with Star Trek. I don't care if Scott Bakula was in it. I hate it. It blows.

Any fans of "Smallville" or "Battlestar Galactica" in here?

LOL, ChickenStu...you crack me up!

I have never heard of Doctor Who. Granted, I only watch Sci-fi when QL is on and at no other time, but I at least hear about the other shows when i watch for for hour.

Oh, my gosh...I was a HUUUUGE "Smallville" fan. I would stop everything on Monday nights and watch, but for some reason I stopped and I missed like half a season and I couldn't catch up. I have no idea whats going on now. Can Clark fly yet? :lol

Samantha Beckett

Not a bad question, but not the best options, really...

QL, of course. All the Star Trek shows suck. I don't know what Sliders is, and Doctor Who... I just caught 4 episodes once, I think.

I liked Sliders for the first three seasons. After it left Fox and went ti SciFi, the show really went downhill, but for the most part, I still watched.

But in the last season when they replaced Jerry O'Connell's Charecter of Quinn Malory with that Charecter of Malory, I felt that they insulted the intelegence of all Sliders fans and I refuesed to watch after that.

Clark flys in the opening episode of the fourth season ("Crusade"), after he's brainwashed by Jor-El. However, at the end he's revived from the hypnosis and can't fly anymore.
Other than that, no he's not flying yet.
He doesn't fly until he becomes Superman, and once he becomes Superman, Smallville's over!

Don't hold your breath!

Doctor Who has been a TV institution in the UK for well over 30 years. The first episode went out the day after JFK was assasinated!
It tells the story of a mysterious guy who calls himself "The Doctor". "The Doctor" is a Timelord, and one of the few surviving members of that race after his home planet Gallifrey was destroyed .
So now he spends most of him time on Earth, travelling through time and having adventures. The Doctor is humanoid looking, and "regenerates" when he dies.
So basically he dies, and comes back with a different face. To wit, The Doctor has been played by nine actors over the years.
In the stories, he faces of against some diabolical alien villians, such as the Cybermen, and the Slitheen. However, his most formidable and mortal enemies are the Daleks. The Daleks were responsible for the destruction of his home planet, Gallifrey.
The show was cancelled in 1989. A US funded TV movie starring Paul Mcgann was made in 1996, but it never really went anywhere.
Last year a brand new 13 episode series of "Doctor Who" started starring Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. It has the most sophisticated special effects of ANY British sci-fi show, and got rave reviews and sensational ratings (my 11 year old boy loved it!).
The UK went absolutely Doctor Who crazy! It was great for us, to see the good old BBC making quality sci-fi drama. And it really captured the nation's imaginations and made stars of Eccleston and Billie Piper (who plays his sidekick, Rose).
Christopher Eccleston was regarded as one of the best ever actors to play the role, but shocked everybody when he quit after just one series (for fear of being typecast). In the last remaining minutes of the 13th episode, he was "killed" and regenrated into the new actor, David Tennant. Who will be the tenth actor to play the Doctor.
Now the UK eagerly awaits the Doctor Who Christmas Special, which will be David Tennant's first time in the role.
Hope that cleared a few things up for you! It is well worth watching if it ever pops up on U.S TV.
Trust me, if you like Quantum Leap, you'll love it!

Last edited:
Well, offcourse my answer would have to be Quantum Leap (which is also my favourite tv-show ever). But i also love Doctor Who (the old series) and Blake's 7.

Favorite Doctor

Well of course QL is far and away my favorite! Therefore Sam Beckett is my favorite Doctor - lol

As far as Dr Who goes

ASearcher said
I always liked the one with the long scarf (although my understanding from some of my British friends was that he wasn't their favorite.)

Tom Baker was the one with the long scarf, and Sorry, but no, he wasn't my favorite. In many ways I would have to say Jon Pertwee was {Father of Sean Pertwee for you younguns} even though most of his stories were Earth bound and centered on U.N.I.T. (I always thought one of Brigadier Gordon Lethbridge Stuart's lines could have been ideal for summing up Quantum Leaping, and I can just hear Sam or Al saying it:
"The situation, my dear Doctor, is normal, and it doesn't get much worse than that!" )
Although having said that - Tom Baker did have K9 so that goes in his favor.
I guess when I think about it, each Doctor had something going for him, and I loved most of 'em, though unlike my esteemed co-patriot above, I didn't like the latest one. To my mind Eccleston's Doctor betrayed a lot of 'canon' ideas about the character, but that is the fault of the writers, and in any case is only mho.

All in all, the series is well worth checking out - there are a vast number of DVD's out there to get you hooked!

*Shameless plugosity* - I have Sam as a fan of Doctor Who in one of my fanfics "Run For Their Lives" published at www.fanfiction.net
He is in London, and gets to watch an episode of the 25th anniversary story "Silver Nemesis". (Dr no 7 played by Sylvester McCoy).

I voted for Original Star Trek. Sorry, I am a big QL fan but Star Trek was the first science fiction show I really got into when I was little(Twilight Zone was second). I had action figures, comic books, and even those mid 70's Star Trek book and record sets from Power Records (I had every single one). Which is better: Kirk/Spock.McCoy or Sam/Al? It's very close but my loyalty lies a little closer to Starfleet.

I was a fan of Sliders but when Jery left it lost a lot of intereset with me, and over the years, my interest in it kinda "slid". Perhaps if Jerry comes back (and the Correct Arturo) for a reunion movie to give the show closure, I might return to it again on a more permanent basis.

I too am a fan of Smallville (and Dead Zone)