Geeky 1st Season DVD Questions

G

GraemeBurk

A couple of questions I know we'll have the answer to in a week, but I figure I'll ask now and maybe get an answer earlier!

Does anyone know...?

1) Will the DVD contain the original opening titles/narration (the one done by Scott Bakula)

2) will they include the original leap-in narrations (ie. the recap of the previous story leading into the leap-in, done in voice over by Bakula)?

3) Will "Play It Again Seymour" include the leap-out into "What Price Gloria" (It's a shame it's not being included on the 1st Season DVD when it was actually made for the 1st season!)?

Just curious! Thanks for any help you can offer.

Graeme

Welcome!

I am pretty sure it will include all the original stuff. That is the norm for official releases such as this.

As for Play It Again Seymour, it should be included on the DVD set. I know it doesn't seem to be there on one of the Universal sites with the flash animation, but if you look quick, it is there kind of hidden near the bottom.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

To answer your three questions:

1) Yes
2) Yes
and 3) Yes

:)

Thanks all for your answers! This is heartening!

Graeme

May I piggyback on this thread since mine is also a geeky question?

Before the set was released, there was some concern that the original music would be replaced due to music rights. Of course, that didn't turn out to be the case, and the original music sounds incredible. But, there's a discussion on another board that I'd like to have cleared up.

Apparently, the versions of Love Sick Blues and Cold, Cold Heart played during How the Tess Was Won are performed by someone other than Hank Williams. I'm not intimately familiar with Hank Williams, so I can only take that on faith. I do know that the performances sound authentic to the time period, and don't sound like replacements. So, just wanting to verify from those who have the original broadcasts on tape, these are the same versions that originally aired, right? Even if they are replacements--which I doubt--I can live with it since it sounds like they belong.

In any case, this is a great set. If this is how Universal is going to do all their TV sets (the A-Team set is great, too), we're in for a smooth ride.

This is where I shamefacedly admit I haven't had a chance to watch more than the extras....:eek: ....but we do have a LOT of Hank Williams Sr.'s music, so I'll be sure and post what my lil ole ears pick up after I DO get a chance to sit down and enjoy myself.

Though, hopefully, you'll get an answer from someone else before then.

Hmmm.....maybe I should be hoping instead that I get a chance to WATCH before someone else answers! :lol

Hmmm.....maybe I should be hoping instead that I get a chance to WATCH before someone else answers!

The only downside to that is, once you actually watch them, you have to start the long wait until the next season is released. ;)

I appreciate your willingness to take a listen to that episode to see what you think, but I do need to clarify one thing: even if it's not Hank Williams, that doesn't mean the music was changed for the DVD release. It could have been another artist all along. If you're a bit of a classic country fan, maybe you'll be able to identify the voice (assuming it's not Hank Williams). I do know that whoever it is sounds great. So, basically, I'm not going to have any negative thoughts about the set even on the off chance the music was replaced.

Back to my first paragraph, I've only got two episodes to go until I've finished the set. I hope we get a season two announcement soon. I can't wait to see Jimmy again. :hurray