Attention, Aussies! Urgent!

Wow yes it does :)

Thats what I think I wanted to see.

What sort of weather constitutes 70-80 degrees.

Thanks ohboy with the informative answer there.

:)

Anytime.

Just curious, Angvav, what is the unit of measuring temperature in Australia (figured this was on topic with the fires, considering that it must be pretty hot in Victoria right now), and what would be a nice day in Australia?

:leappark Wow. 20 degrees for us would be snowy and freezing. That's something Americans would see in Alaska.

By the way, how are the fires in Victoria (I think that's the region) now? And is the air really smokey and polluted like it was after the Californian fires?

Ooooh yeah.

50 houses got burnt in Bendigo, which is an hour away train trip from my house.

But there were fires in different spots.

Bendigo, kinglake, flowerdale, kinglake west

The weather was cold for several days, which I don't think helped much.

181 people died :(

I tell you something though.

Theres been smoke passing over the uburb I live in for days.

Ugh. I remember the smoke; we had a whole Summer's worth. I hope that the fires die down soon, and whoever did this is caught and punished appropriately.

I agree with you on that point, ohboy!

As for temperature, I'm assuming that celsius is used Down Under...?

Celsius is used in Australia. Fahrenheit is used in the United States.

So, 70-80 degrees in USA is equivalent to about 21-27 degrees in Australia.

20-25 degrees in Australia is equivalent to 68-77 degrees in USA. 30 degrees in Australia is equivalent to 86 degrees in USA.

20 degrees in USA is equivalent to about -7 in Australia.

Here's a temperature conversion site.

Celsius is used in Australia. Fahrenheit is used in the United States.

So, 70-80 degrees in USA is equivalent to about 21-27 degrees in Australia.

20-25 degrees in Australia is equivalent to 68-77 degrees in USA. 30 degrees in Australia is equivalent to 86 degrees in USA.

20 degrees in USA is equivalent to about -7 in Australia.

Here's a temperature conversion site.

Wow. Thanks, Chicken Boo. I learn something new about our world everyday.

After the Sydney fires I remember the sun being red, a constant haze of smoke and ash falling days after.

It feels like we have had a cold snap in Sydney this last week, after having temperatures of up to 45 degress one weekend to pouring rain for the next week and temps dropping to 20 degress - I'm actually looking forward to the 30 degrees they are predicting over the next few days.

we had about 46 for a bit. That's tooooo much.
30 is nice for me too. 25 - 35 is what I'd call a nice hot summer.

25 - 35 is what I'd call a nice hot summer.

I don't know why, but I still chuckle when I hear comments like that. I guess because if I said that in Continental United States, I would probably be branded crazy, given the difference in measuring degrees. The only place in America where 25-35 in Fahrenheit would be a nice Summer would be the Norther Frontier (For those unfamiliar with North American geography, think of Alaska and areas north of the Canadian Provinces).

LOL yes I can imagine.
That would be around the freezing point in the states.

"I love a good de-frost in summer" ;)

"I love a good de-frost in summer" ;)

:lol

The only time that I can think of that I was ever exposed to a atmospheric temperature of 25-35 was when a few of us camped out in front of a computer store overnight in late November to buy computers really cheap. :wacko

:lol

The only time that I can think of that I was ever exposed to a atmospheric temperature of 25-35 was when a few of us camped out in front of a computer store overnight in late November to buy computers really cheap. :wacko

A good cause :D8)

Oh, you California boy! :D

Take a look at my avatar. That's the thermometer at my house on the coldest morning this year. The little red line is the temperature. Now notice that the 0 is above the 20. Celsius on the left, Fahrenheit on the right.

Brrrrrrrr!!! 16 below 0 is the coldest it's been in the 8 years I've lived here.
35 is a warm day for February here in PA!

Why would you choose to live there? I'm dreading flying out of Sydney when it is predicted to be 78F to New York's chilly 28F. What on earth do I wear????

Oh, you California boy! :D

Take a look at my avatar. That's the thermometer at my house on the coldest morning this year. The little red line is the temperature. Now notice that the 0 is above the 20. Celsius on the left, Fahrenheit on the right.

Brrrrrrrr!!! 16 below 0 is the coldest it's been in the 8 years I've lived here.
35 is a warm day for February here in PA!

I do feel sorry for you. After all, I've never lived anywhere that was below 0 before in my life, so I'm sure that cold of weather must be a pain to live in. :wavey

However, California, or at least the northern part, gets the opposite end of the spectrum. Most days in the summer are easily over 100 degrees, with a nice day ranging around the mid 90s.

I guess that we are both suffering in our own special ways. :lol