Dean Stockwell @ Dragoncon-Did anyone go?

ROCCOP

Project QL Intern
Sep 2, 2005
Long Island
Dean Stockwell was at Dragoncon 9-2 thru 9-5-2005. Did anyone attend? Did he provide any new information on a Bold Leap Foward? If he had anything else to say it would be great to share it with the group.

--Rocco--

Dean/BLF

I noticed Dragon Con is going to be writing more articles on what happened and puting up pictures so just keep checking back on the website for them to write about Dean, In a interesting note though somwhere on the website Dragon Con does reviews of the guests and on Deans they said being developed is a Quantum Leap tv movie starring Dean Stockwell and
Sams daughter as a leaper, they didn't give any date or what was going on with it thats about all they said so far, so if no one here talked to Dean then we'll have to wait until Dragon Con finishes their articles on what the guests said and what happened with them.
I hope to hear something soon.

Well, we've got a few ladies on the Sassies who went, but they're still getting their reviews of their weekend written up, but I'm sure they'll mention something if they heard anything. I'll be sure to report anything QL-related back here.

Joy

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't post this earlier but my Internet was out from Thursday morning 'til yesterday afternoon...

Anyway, here's a direct quote from Laurie of the Sassies:

"No word about a QL movie, but he'll do it if they ask him to. He
didn't seem too enthusiastic about the possibility. He said to write
the Sci-Fi Channel, Universal Studios and USA to tell them we want
one. So, get to it, folks!!! Dean said so. <g>"

This is definitely not the news we were hoping for, HOWEVER...

I think it might just be time to conduct another Phase of the Quantum Leap Revival Initiative. I'll try getting something together within the next week or so (depending on how busy I get with school).

Joy

tina_als_girl said:
Sorry I didn't post this earlier but my Internet was out from Thursday morning 'til yesterday afternoon...

Ah, don't feel bad, Joy. Laurie just posted that last night or this morning. :D

Let me know if I can be of any help to you in getting an iniative back up.

Bad Feeling

Yeah alot of time has gone by and nothing, I started to get a bad feeling about it myself and I even wrote Scifi channel, Universal Studios about a dozen or more times and I hot nothing in return,
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!
BRIAN, We need your help or Quantum Leap will never happen again!
We need addresses and phone numbers.
Now who's with me!!!!

I called Belisrious productions

Well I just called Belisarious productions and I guess Belisarious productions said they really don't deal with Universal anymore, but he told me that I needed to get intouch with a woman named Hariet, he had me leave a message for her since she was out until Monday, I left a message about who can we get intouch with to influence them to bring QL back, so hopefully Monday this person will fill me in on the details about bringing QL back and who we have to talk to.

If that's the Harriet that I think it is..... She'll definitely be the one to talk to. She's been a longtime friend of QL and Don (I think she was Don's assistant at one point) and is, as I recall, a Leaper herself. I know she was instrumental in the mock-QL Con for the JAG episode. In fact, the character of Harriet was named after her.

Lol

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that until now LOL, I remember that episode, I'm hopeing she can give us some info on who to contact about reviving QL. If I get a number and address I'll post the details for everyone so we all can show them we want QL Back!

Sure will

Sure will do.
I'll let ya know around Monday, if she doesn't call back I'll call her and let ya know sometime around Tues. or Wed.

Harriet call

Well I just spoke to Harriet and she said that they always have to pencil through everything and that Studios take a long time to do anything, but she also said its still up to scifi and Universal, and that they haven't done anything yet, they're still waiting to here from them, she also said there really isn't a guy who is going to read our emails/letters over there at scifi/universal.
She got my email address and told me she was going to speak to Don himself and ask if there is any progress or whats going on with it. She said she'll let me know either way.
I am very anxious to hear from Don and I hope he has some news. She said he is still pretty wraped up in NCIS though but I should hear back from Don and Harriet within the next few weeks. Until then keep hoping!

I just posted this in another thread because I didn't see a D*C-specific thread. So I guess I'll repost it here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, all. I just realized I never posted here after seeing what Dean Stockwell had to say about the TV-movie at D*C. I guess maybe I was subconsciously avoiding the inevitable.

I say this with a heavy heart, but...it looks like the TV-movie isn't happening.

Worse yet, it sounds like it never even was happening.

I didn't get a chance to ask Dean directly; I was sitting off to the side anyway so it's unlikely he would have seen me. Fortunately, someone sitting in the middle section asked him about the TV-movie.

Dean said (and this is paraphrased from memory): "There's nothing in the works right now. It's something that Don and Scott and I have discussed a few times over the years, but there's nothing currently in the works. If there's anything that people are talking about right now, it's just another variation on the same rumors that have been circulating for years."

So, it looks like we've been led on another wild goose chase. I hate to say this, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think that "Trey" (if that's his real name) has been putting us on.

Anyway, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at this point, that's all I have to share.

Last edited:
No, I didn't, but she was interviewed by Project Quantum Leap, the club that publishes The Observer. I don't remember if it was on their website or in their forum or in the magazine that I read about Deborah confirming it, but it did come from a well-known connection in the QL fandom... I just... can't remember exactly who it was! (gotta start taking Gingko, I guess, LOL)

I do want to say that the question was asked of Deborah when she was in LA for something (maybe promoting her book or whatever project she's been doing). I know it was a good source, though...

Joy