A Leap for Lisa

• Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fair

• Poor

• Total voters
I do understand what you mean about nobody expressing shock or horror over a rape and murder and agree it was rather rushed, but it is probably hard to address everything within the time frame of an hour show. I think the whole point was to put things right and make sure the murder never happened, and that's how the epiosde ended. There were other episodes where they were pretty clear about how horrible rape and murder is.

I wanted to strangle Riker, he was a creep.

It's not my all time favorite episode either, but I liked the background on Al too, and the guy who portrayed him as a kid did have a pretty strong resemblance.

Dean and Scott both look great in military uniforms by the way.

Some fridge brilliance: It always struck me as odd that St John had trouble keeping track of who was who, for example, telling Sam he was "quite impossible" when Bingo was taken to the Control Room, when it was really Bingo. But it actually makes perfect sense. The neural link between Sam and Al was tweaked so that Al could see Sam after he got so distressed during "What Price Gloria". If St John wasn't distressed by it, they probably wouldn't have done the tweak and so he would have been seeing Sam in Bingo's aura, and Bingo in Sam's aura. So to him, it really would have looked like Sam being the one who was "quite impossible"...

Sam was only joking.

It's so funny seeing Dean Stockwell's voice come out of Bingo's mouth hahaha.

Yeah I kind of thought the voice sounded weird for someone that age, not sure it was necessary to dub in Stockwell's voice.

It bothered me that Chip wouldn't come forward, I mean I'm assuming he was not eventually charged since it was an accident (he never came foward even later on, evidenced by the fact that Bingo was found guilty), but all that cover up and then it turned out to be an "oopsie" after all? I never quite bought that, especially as you have to wonder how this would have effected Bingo and Chip's friendship afterward.

There's something else that bugged me from this episode, when Sam was talking to Cmdr. Dobbs after Reicher said that Marcie "deserved" to be raped, Dobbs replied, "The Navy won't trust him with a rowboat after this testimony, but they'll believe it for exactly that reason."

Yeah I kind of thought the voice sounded weird for someone that age, not sure it was necessary to dub in Stockwell's voice.

It bothered me that Chip wouldn't come forward, I mean I'm assuming he was not eventually charged since it was an accident (he never came foward even later on, evidenced by the fact that Bingo was found guilty), but all that cover up and then it turned out to be an "oopsie" after all? I never quite bought that, especially as you have to wonder how this would have effected Bingo and Chip's friendship afterward.

There's something else that bugged me from this episode, when Sam was talking to Cmdr. Dobbs after Reicher said that Marcie "deserved" to be raped, Dobbs replied, "The Navy won't trust him with a rowboat after this testimony, but they'll believe it for exactly that reason."

You do realise that when Bingo was put in the accelerator and leapt back into himself, Chip never took Marcie out and so none of this ever happened, don't you?

You do realise that when Bingo was put in the accelerator and leapt back into himself, Chip never took Marcie out and so none of this ever happened, don't you?

These are the actors I can think of quickly who appeared in more than one episode:

John D'Acquino: Frank Lomotta in "Jimmy" and he reprised the role in "Deliver Us from Evil"; Tonchi in "Mirror Image"

Brad Silverman: Jimmy in "Jimmy" and he reprised the role in "Deliver Us from Evil"

Richard Herd: Moe Stein in "Future Boy"; Ziggy Ziganovich in "Mirror Image"

Olivia Burnette: Susan Bruckner in "Another Mother"; Katie Beckett in "The Leap Home"

Susan Isaacs: Myra in "Heart Of A Champion"; Lucy in "The Last Gunfighter"

Eric Brukotter: Glen in "Raped"; Red in Liberation; Beau in "Memphis Melody"

Michael Bellisario: Little Boy in "Kamikazi Kid"; Billy in "Play Ball"; Martin, Jr. in "A Tale of Two Sweeties"; Kid #2 in "Mirror Image"

Mike Genovese - Don Geno Frascotti in "Double Identity"; Mr. Collins in "Mirror Image"

WK Stratton - Dr. Berger in "Genesis"; Sheriff Lyle Rountree in "Goodnight Dear Heart"; Larry Stanton in "One Little Heart", "The Last Door", and "For Your Love"

Don Bellisario is known for repeated castings of actors - not only within one series but across many of his series. Quite a few of the actors who appeared on Quatum Leap went on to appear in JAG and NCIS and had already had roles on other Bellisario series such as Magnum PI.

There are a few others - off hand I can think of Weird Ernie in Genesis is Al the Bartender in Mirror Image, and Zoey the evil hologram/leaper is also the ghost in "A Portrait for Troian".

Teddy Wilson: Grady in "Pool Hall Blues" and Ernie in "Rebel Without a Clue"