Pipe Dream!!!

Reading this thread i'm impressed. I haven't got the techno-savvy many of you seem to, but I'd like to help if I can.

Surely step one needs to be some sort of a plot / story outline, otherwise it's gonna be a feat trying to tie together segments done by individuals.

Idea of other persons P.O.V is brilliantastic, and overcomes a major hurdle, but it strikes me that there would need to be multpile other Ps of V in order to account for different "actors" (no offence to any actually skilled thespians among us). Not that that's insurmountable, either if it is a multi-leap story as suggested, but an over all tie-it-all-together plotline coldn't hurt for starters.

I think you will find a great deal of enthusiasm for this project from people who live outside of the continental USA too, as I thnk we feel kinda jipped by the budgetary necessity that GTFW only seemed to give a rats about what happened in the US (with one or two quite bizzarre exceptions). That's one of the tings I love about the QL novels, Sam gets to go "off world" (ie away from USA) for a while and see what other hurdles alternate cultures etc can throw at him (sure he can pass for a woman, but what about passing for an indian woman living in Uganda?? :) )

Any writers (aspiring or otherwise) out there wanna give a story board a crack?

(BTW, check out Lucidscreamer's Knight Rider/QL Crossover - it's continuing to rock my world, and rock it hard - Screamer can write, I tell ya)

If you read through all of my threads I have plenty of idea's for stories :)

- What would happen if sam got stuck in another persons body?

- What happened if somebody permanently escaped from the QL chamber?

- what would happen if sam came home?

- Or tell people who he is?

I'd definitely explore the what if's!

:)

I order to look at the Pointof view issue and the fact that Al would still look like Al..
well the story could take place in the imaging chamber.
So it would be Al's point of view.

We could have someone play Al. from his POV.. who can do a passable Al voice,
or have the imaging chamber slightly damaged.. or whatever sends the images to Sam's mind so Sam can't see or hear Al.

Do you want to set a deadline by which we decide who's in and who's doing what?
Or just wait for a while longer?

Would a deadline make it hard for everyone?

I guess everyone being so busy, maybe let everyone do what they have to when time permits :)

Would that make it simpler?

I think the easier it is on everyone to do their bit, the better

Do I sound like I make good sense?

I meant: set a time when we decide to start with as many people as we have at that time. :)

That doesn't mean that no one can join after that, but if say
- as an example - we say april 1st.
And if we have 5 people, we make a plan for 5 people
if we have 200 people, we make a plan foor 200 people and start from there.

So we'd start getting everything rolling at a date we agreed upon and if more people want to join later, that's cool we can adapt, but at least we got a start :)

Nope he doesn't,
remember when Sam was Samantha the first time and Al was drooling all over him?:drool:roflmao:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Al sees Sam as the Leapee, just like everyone else and the leapee back in the waiting room looks like Sam to everyone. Right?

Yes...and no. Although not blatantly stated, there's hints here and there in later episodes that it's changed so that Al sees Sam as Sam and no longer as the leapee. A good example is Miss Deep South when he comments that Sam's Scarlett O'Hara on steroides (or words to that effect). Like I said, not a blatant statement but hint enough that Al's not seeing Darlene Montie.

Hmm. Interesting. That could be yeah, that they changed it. Thanks Julia! :)
May still give us the option to go with the old version though...

Al also said in A Song For The Soul that he would be the only one seeing Sam as Sam, everyone else would be seeing Cherie (the leapee).

There are other examples too.

After What Price Gloria, Al sees Sam as Sam.

Al also said in A Song For The Soul that he would be the only one seeing Sam as Sam, everyone else would be seeing Cherie (the leapee).

There are other examples too.

After What Price Gloria, Al sees Sam as Sam.

Hmm I must have blocked it out of my mind :)
I was kinda set for Al seeing the leapee.
I mean either would make sense.

So that option's out, ey?:b

Oh... would have been a good one.

Anyway, Ang it was your idea, so around what time do you want to start this?
How long do we wait to gather people?

We could have it as THOUGH Al sees Sam as the leapee though...

Either have it set before What Price Gloria, or else assume that they hadn't changed it...

Can i have a calendar date? I'm confused by some terms :)
Plus I'm still on vacation (need to charge up for a huge year to come)
so my input will be slow :)

yeah like 'next week so and so' 'this week so and so' 'coming week this and that', it throws me.
Dates are easier for me, they're numbers :) hard to mix up.

I'd love to get involved in this, but not sure how I could do so.
I've done sound files for the radio plays, but since I use a Mac, most of my movie stuff doesn't seem to be compatible with other peoples.
Also, real life intrudes so much upon my time, I'd hate to commit to something and then let people down if I can't deliver.
I guess - keep me in reserve and I'll do what ever I can [even if it turns out to be just proof reading scripts].

You'd probably be awesome at helping to write the basic story or script.
Not sure yet if we want to be scripted or somewhat improved. Anyway I get the feeling we'll keep it relaxed enough schedule and workload wise to even give busy people a chance to do something. ... I hope... :p at least I intend to take it easy.

About the Al perspective and seeing the leapee, well if everybody is fine with it, that we keep it like Lightning suggested, even though we know it''s been changed, or keep it before what price gloria...

That would already give us the basic story,

Al is looking for Sam, whom for some reason can't contact, and tries to make contact throughout several leaps.

How's is that for a synopsis?
We either see fragments of the leaps and/or they are very short leaps.
If everyone likes it we need an ending... which we could discuss in a separate mailing list or, yay, make use of quantum leap groups to not spoil it for everyone else.

And because it's modular, it allows for people to join in later and add another leap.:) Or even just part of a leap, if someone has very little time. I'm sure we could write a short scene for them.

We may agree on keeping it hand held because it's point of view and not everyone may have a tripod, and keep the aspect ratio to 4:3 that's the old TV screen size not the modern widescreen (16:9) because not everyone may have widescreen cameras. Just for techie details.

How does this sound to everybody?

That sounds like a wonderful story line. Sorry about not being very involved. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a lot of time to devote to this, so you'll probably have to count me out. I could do small, quick things, like think up ideas, or edit parts of the script as they are written, but I'm afraid I couldn't do anything big or involved. Sorry. :(

Great story jassian!

No probs ohboy :)

My idea's (as I've stated in many threads already):

- Sam gets home
- What does sam do when he gets home? Continue QL? Retire?
- Explore "what if's" like..... sam being able to tell people who he really is without there being consequences.
- What would happen if a leapee escapes QL and sam is stuck in time, what would happen if he is forced to live a nother persons life? Or sam can find a way home if this were to happen?

Hope I make sense!

I think the trick is to make this project so small and simple that it's easy to do something. And if we got that working we could either expand or do a bigger one in the future.
Although I know what you mean ohboy, I have a super busy year coming up and also really need to make the most of the break now, but I can do something small. In my case that includes some filming and organizing.

Your storylines are really interesting Ang. I just don't know how to play them without showing Sam. Except if we play Sam's point of view or just accept Sam looking different. The Al's point of view with keeping seeing the Leapee would allow anyone to play Sam, even girls, that's why it may be good for a project like this.

Or I guess we could combine it.

Anyway, I'm in favor of creating just a few minutes worth of edited film to start with and see how we go.
maybe we can work around what you already have, Ang.