how old were you?

I was maybe 13 or 14 at the time and Sci-Fi was playing one of their random marathons...Wait, actually, it wasn' that random, it was some holiday countdown of the "best" episodes. My mother was flipping through the channels and ran across the tail end of "The Leap Home - Part 2" and got really excited about it (although disappointed that it was almost over) and went on and on about what a great episode it was. The first full episode I saw, however, aired right after that, "Mirror Image" so, yeah, unfortunately my first episode was the last episode.

Anyway, my mother went on a mission to procure that episode and we found an old, battered VHS on Ebay (which we still have). Although it wasn't until 3 years later that I saw the show again, those two episodes hooked me immediately. The first episode I can vividly remember watching (poor memory, y'know) is Miss Deep South (during a marathon of Sam-as-a-woman on Sci-Fi). Shortly after I bought all the available DVD sets and watched them nonstop for a month (effectively driving my family mad :D)

And that's my life story.

I was 7 when I first saw Quantum Leap. My parents let me stay up 1 hour late one night a week, I alway saved that hour for QL. I don't remember why or how I first started watching it, but once I saw it I was hooked. All these years later memorys of watching the episodes for the first time are as clear as can be. I guess some things you just never forget.

I was about 5 or 6 when I first started watching it on BBC2, i think it began over here in about 1990/91. I was also allowed to stay up to watch it one night a week as a treat although my early memories of QL are a bit hazy, I remember parts of series 4 and 5 rather well but again because I was younger I did not really understand certain aspects of the show i.e auras of people that Sam leaps into, imaging chamber etc.

I think I was about 15-16 when I first saw it on BBC2 on a Tuesday night, and I was hooked!
I have watched the whole lot over and over again. It being repeated every 6pm on ITV3.

I love the show and always will, I am soooooo glad I found this site it rocks!

I believe I watched a few episodes when I was in middle school or early high school. I started high school in 1989, so I was either 13 or 14 years old when I first saw Quantum Leap. I really got into the show when it was in reruns. I started watching the reruns religiously when I started college in 1993. :)

i was 8, 8.5. i saw it with my dad, only about 1/2 hour of the pilot after having a wonderful easter. man, i remember getting the best two presents ever that day. it's amazing really...looking back on it.

risk_nut said:
Boy that makes me the old geyser. I watched when it first aired (1989?) at 37. Pass me my walking stick.
I remember being 10 when i first got interested in Quantum Leap, i first saw it on BBC 2! I actually remember buying the Quantum Leap book by Louis Chunovic, which has an episode guide up until "The Leap Back" and things about the how they made the show, quite good!

risk_nut said:
Boy that makes me the old geyser. I watched when it first aired (1989?) at 37. Pass me my walking stick.

Sorry to steal a march on you, but I beat you out by a year! :lol

Eleiece

risk nut: funny how you mention that you need a walking stick...my dad's your age and actually needs one right now being he has a torn ligament in his knee! just wanted to make you feel better about yourself.

My first 'Leap in' was back in about 1997/8 on BBC 2, I was 7.5, 8 and I remember being hooked from the first episode I saw, 'The Color of Truth' it was really good, but the only other two episodes I actually remember were 'How the Tess was won' and a bit of 'Play it agin Seymour', but I can say that it was great!!!!

I only started watching them proper on the ITV3 run ,again I caught it at 'the Color of Truth' :eek: and from then on i've watched them like oygen, needing my daily Quantum Leap intake........ Glad they're repeating them again!

I was 6 when it first aired in 89. I remember pleading with my mothr to stay up to watch it. I think it was on like 10:00 when it started.

Wow!

There's a lot of younger fans here, which is great - I didn't know there was such a large fan base of people who found the show on SciFi (or various channels overseas).

I'm amongst the decrepit older crowd. When QL premiered in March of 1989 I was 34. (I tuned in to the first episode and never missed one after that.)

i was 17 when i first watched it and i absolutelly loved it.And not 17 in 1989 lol but in 1993 becouse that year they started toshow the show in my country.