T-shirts?

As people both new and seasoned browse the forums, I'd appreciate it if everyone would be considerate of each other. Sometimes people make mistakes in what they said or change something or even just word something wrong. And sometimes posts are forgotten and left unedited by pure accident or because it was just old news. Don't take things personal - we're all here to have fun and because we love the same show.

That said, as far as the shirts, we may have some available before the convention - but we're not sure. We're two years away, folks. Thanks for the excitement and for offers of support - but we don't even have any money to work with yet.

As soon as tickets go on sale, we'll be able to get some fun things together I am sure. Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions!

Understand

That's why I said I'd expect the cost to be more for something like this. I'm certainly not expecting to get something for nothing and I realize that cash flow can be a real bug-a-boo when planning things like this. I've been on the planning committee for several local, national, and international events (not specifically in a fandom...but with professional, business, and/or non-profit organizations.) I really want to help. I know this is 2 years away, but I want to be doing something TANGIBLE to help. That's the only reason why I've continued pursuing this.

Really, I'm not trying to be difficult and I do take the fact that this discussion is over the message board into consideration. I'm not upset with anyone...I'd just wanted a bit more information and didn't feel that my concern had been addressed so I continued to ask politely but at the same time, to the point. You know that I've been 100% behind the concept for this conference since day one (if not before).

What I've said is I don't want to ruffle anyone's feather, nothing I've said has been meant as criticism, and I'm just wishing to stay abreast of what is happening. Again, if my input is undesired, I'll just pull back. You may take that last statement as I'm taking things personal, but really, I'm just trying to find my way through this maze of life like everyone else. If I don't try to apply potential lessons learned into my own life, what's the purpose of existance?

We welcome input from everyone, Helen, particularly as this con is being planned by fans, for fans. The more ideas, the better!

What I can say is, that as things are decided upon, they will be posted on the convention webpage. Until you see it there, it's only speculation.

To get this thread back on topic: anyone have any suggestions for t-shirt slogans? Helen suggested ""I'll be Leaping in at the LEAPBACK CON 2009 in LA...will you?"", with convention contact details on the back, as a pre-convention t-shirt to help raise awareness of the convention. What would you like to see?

Last edited:
asearcher said:
I know this is 2 years away, but I want to be doing something TANGIBLE to help.

Thanks for the offer, Helen! We do have some great flyers in both black&white and full color available to print, copy, and pass out at other conventions and events of your choosing. Have you guys seen them? If you want to pass some out, it's a great way to start spreading the news! I have one on the public bulletin board at work and customers occasionally take it down, look at it, and start talking. Fun to watch!

http://www.leapback2009.com/flyers.htm

For now, instead of spending $20 on a shirt, why not spend $5 and make 50+ copies of the flyer and pass them out?

NOTE: Please do not alter the flyers in any way due to our contracts with Starlight Starbright and Universal Studios.