Time Child

TGO77

Project QL Intern
Sep 16, 2007
Hey Folks,

Has anybody read this yet? Is it any good?

Whilst continuation of the series is a good thing, at $39.99 for only the first few chapters is a bit steep. Especially if its only a side order to Vision Quest.

Is Ms Pratt cashing in on the Leapers, if so thats pretty cynical to say the least. Makes you wonder, is she (one of the original few involved with the production of the show) preying on the fans thirst for more?

Of course, ebay has been checked....... heh heh

:bat

TGO

I, too, would like to know how this story is. I'm not very likely to buy that whole package, plus I've heard that some people reported some issues with not even receiving the QL e-book.

If you're having issues, email her and she'll fix it.

No, she's not cashing in on Leapers. She's including this free as a bonus. She can't sell it since she doesn't have the rights to sell QL.

Not having issues as haven't bought it, was merely curious to gauge any reception towards this sequel of sorts.

Did you buy it Mr Bartender? (where's the drinks!)

When we were at the convention, she read the first chapter of Time Child to us. But that was after she gave an extensive presentation on the Vision Quest series. So we were basically a captive audience for a half-hour infomercial. This really changed my opinion of Deborah Pratt, and not in a good way.
And why would she throw in chapters of a Quantum Leap novel in her Vision Quest package if QL has nothing to do with it? She's trying to market to leapers. It's fair for her to advertise her work, but this seems exploitive to me. Given what fans are willing to pay for memorabilia, I'm sure there are some who will pay $39.99 for a few chapters of a novel.
I agree with Brian on this--only buy the package if you're really interested in the Vision Quest. I haven't bought it.

And why would she throw in chapters of a Quantum Leap novel in her Vision Quest package if QL has nothing to do with it?
Because legally she cannot sell a Quantum Leap product.

Although I think the price is high, the customer service has been questionable, and I'm surprised that a review copy was not provided to Brian, with SOME involvement of DP or one of her reps on this forum to answer questions about a QL-targeted product. A little interaction would go a long way.