Family Guy Quantum Leap crossover

Hey..try using Shareaza...it has absolutely no spyware or viruses and works great! Now I can't guarantee you might not pick up a virus in one of the music or video downloads..all of these kind of things have those risks...but I do like Shareaza alot!

LadyKayoss said:
Wait... Why have I not seen this episodes?! My sister is obsessed with this show and, through her, I've seen a lot, but never the QL spoofs! What episodes are they?

The first example (with Al and the Imaging Chamber door) was from the episode "The Kiss Seen Around the World" from season 3 i believe. Meg and Neil Goldman are paired together as interns for Tom and Diane at the news station. When they are cornered by a mad man who is targeting all news anchors in the world, Meg and Neil share a kiss because they think they are about to die. The video clip of the QL scene is in the video library located here: http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/mediapages/familyguyQL.htm It's pretty funny.

The second example is from an ep from the current season (season 5), and I dont know the name of the ep. I never saw it :(

The one I gave was from the episode "If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'" from season 2. Peter and Chris's favorite show Gumble to Gumble is cancelled and they try to get it back on the air by putting a call thru to the Make a Wish foundation saying Chris is terminally ill.

Hope that helps!:)

Samantha Beckett

Last edited:
Thanks for the info; I'll have to keep my eyes open and try to catch these episodes on TV. It's nice to know that Sam's still out there. Sorta. Unfortunately, I can't make use of Al's Place's wonderful media section; I don't have access to computers that can download and play things from the internet (like the bloopers, which I want soooo badly to see). Heck, these particular computers wouldn't let me register on this forum, AND I still can't get into the QL Virtual Seasons archives on these computers.

LadyKayoss said:
Unfortunately, I can't make use of Al's Place's wonderful media section; I don't have access to computers that can download and play things from the internet (like the bloopers, which I want soooo badly to see).

If you want to see the videos but can't download, perhaps this would be an option?

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/mediapages/videoCDROM.htm

That could work! I won't have any spare cash until my next paycheck, but I'll definately consider it. Does it require anything special, or can most computers handle it?

Wait... is PayPal the only way to pay? I don't have it, and I don't have a credit card...

LadyKayoss said:
That could work! I won't have any spare cash until my next paycheck, but I'll definately consider it. Does it require anything special, or can most computers handle it?

Wait... is PayPal the only way to pay? I don't have it, and I don't have a credit card...

You can send cash, money order, or if you have a bank account you can sign up with paypal. Also, if your couputer can play windows media videos, you can see all the videos. All the videos are in the .wmv file format. Just email me when you're ready and I'll tell you how to send money if you can't use paypal.

The kiss seen Round the World was the episode on Cartoon Network tonight. They usually replay them around 2 AM EST for those of you who missed it and want to see it.

It is the one where Al comes out of the Imaging Chamber Door and tells the kid that he has to make Meg love him.

Al's Handlink said:
The kiss seen Round the World was the episode on Cartoon Network tonight. They usually replay them around 2 AM EST for those of you who missed it and want to see it.

It is the one where Al comes out of the Imaging Chamber Door and tells the kid that he has to make Meg love him.

It was on TBS last night, too! I decided to watch Family Guy just to see where they were, season-wise, in the hopes that it was coming up soon and instead got to see the actual episode.

Wow... Sam's gotten to be a bit of a jerk... LOL

alsplacebartender said:
Which season was that in? I can rent the disc and put it on the site. Let me know!

Opps... I just checked and it only aired a couple weeks ago. If anyone has it, send it to me! Otherwise... we'll have to wait for the DVD to be released :(

Brian, I have been trying to make a clip for you, actually... on Thursday I was playing around with Adobe Premiere and managed to get the clip from the episode... but I don't know how to export it properly. When I did, the sound was all off. :x

Would you like for me to send you the entire episode somehow? My friend Wayne (some of you may remember him with the screen-name Quantum Leaf from the QL-RPG) told me about it when he saw the episode and I immediately went to download it... it is quite hilarious!

I'll try my hand at Premiere again, but considering how crappy my computer is and I've basically forgotten how to use the program, I probably won't have much luck.

... Mike. ^_^
(post #60)

Well, now that I've read the entire thread (and visited the link), I see that Dermy has already supplied you with the episode and you've extracted the clip... :eek:

Too little, too late, I guess! :b

... Mike. ^_^
(post #61)

Oh there will be other QL references. Both times, they worked really well on Family Guy. There are so many other ways in which it could be used in the story. Such as Quantum Leaper has stated above.

One I'd like to see, would be cross-over been Quantum Leap and Heaven Can Wait. Prehaps have Sam leap into Peter to get him into shape ;)

Na, I think when the gag is unexpected and subtle it's a lot funnier. When you watch the clip with the Imaging Chamber door open on the right of screen, you don't expect it (well at least you don't when you watch it the first time) and it makes it funnier because you get shock value.

The same with the mormon clip - Peter's talking and you're thinking "hmmm this sounds familiar" until the pin finally drops, and by that time you've got the Jesus leaping scene which makes you laugh.

Shock value is the way to go if they have any more QL crossovers. I don't think they could actually have a situation where Quantum Leap affects the actual plot.