Old 08-16-2005, 02:10 PM   #51
Katar
Waiting Room Visitor

Has anyone heard more info about the possible Quantum Leap TV movie? When is DragonCon in Georgia? I know Dean Stockwell is making an appearance. Hopefully someone will ask him if he has any details about the movie.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #52
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Dragon Con is Labor Day weekend. Even though that's the closest geographically to me that Dean has ever been, I won't be going as I opted to go to ELF this year. (points at countdown in sig)
Old 08-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #53
Wrong Arturo
Imaging Chamber Technician

Hi, Katar (and hi to everyone else! Long time no write).

Dragon*Con 2005 is Fri., Sep. 2 to Mon., Sep. 5. If you still want to go, you can register (or get registration info) at the main D*C site. You should also probably be able to get the full con schedule there to see when Dean is speaking:

http://www.dragoncon.org

Our track hosted Quantum Leap for the past several years, but it was moved to the Classic Track this year. (That's a long and painful story.) I don't think Classic Track has its own seperate site, but here's a link to our site with a note about Dean. (You can still see QL in the background photo.)

http://www.geocities.com/onub/itrack.html

Dean should also probably have an autograph table in the dealer's room.

At any rate, yes, I will be attending Dean's panel, and when it comes time for Q&A's, the TV-movie will be question #1!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #54
Katar
Waiting Room Visitor

Wrong Arturo,

Thanks for the info about Dragon Con. I wish I could go. But, I live in Kansas City, MO, and have too much going on right now. Can't wait to hear what Dean says, though.

Katar
"Scott"
Old 08-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #55
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

This is great New I am so so so HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Now the hard part will be waiting for it. Oh Boy! is right!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #56
ROCCOP
PQL Visitor

Default Dragoncon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Arturo

Dean should also probably have an autograph table in the dealer's room.

At any rate, yes, I will be attending Dean's panel, and when it comes time for Q&A's, the TV-movie will be question #1!
I hope if you get to attend you will update us all regarding what Dean had to say about the new QL movie or series. Updated information has been very limited and I think we all need some good news.

Thanks

--Rocco--
Old 10-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #57
QLEAP

Hey all...if any of you haven't read this FF yet about Sammy Jo leaping to get Sam, you should...this is awesome and I really hope that somebody making the movie saw it too..I would love to see this become the movie for real...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1389594/1/

Note..I am not the author of this fanfic...
Also, this is the only ff I have ever found on the subject of Sammy Jo leaping...maybe there are more but this is the only one I've seen so far...don't know if that means anything or not..lol!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #58
mstalanon
Assistant to Gooshie

QLDiehard used to be a member here. Us old timers read that.

I also had a round robin story in the old round robin area
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...splay.php?f=26
that was a dual leap with Sammi Jo and Sam!

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...read.php?t=535
Round Robin 2
Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #59
QLEAP

Oh that's great! I'll have to go and read those too! I feel like such a newb!...lol!
Well, at any rate, I still loved that story!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:51 AM   #60
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Talking

Hey all! I am a newbie here, and a die hard QL fan! I grew up on the re-runs, seeing as how I was 3 years old when the show origianlly aired . I am so excited about this movie! I do kinda wish Scott Bakula would be in more than just 15 minutes or so. They could do what's going on with Al and Sammy Jo a the Project or whatever, then do a "Meanwhile, while they're working, here's what Sam is doing" kinda thing while he's off in the land where no one knows where he is. I think that would be good...

Samantha Beckett
Old 11-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #61
Wrong Arturo

Hey, all. I just realized I never posted here after seeing what Dean Stockwell had to say about the TV-movie at D*C. I guess maybe I was subconsciously avoiding the inevitable.

I say this with a heavy heart, but...it looks like the TV-movie isn't happening.

Worse yet, it sounds like it never was happening.

I didn't get a chance to ask Dean directly; I was sitting off to the side anyway so it's unlikely he would have seen me. Fortunately, someone sitting in the middle section asked him about the TV-movie.

Dean said (and this is paraphrased from memory): "There's nothing in the works right now. It's something that Don and Scott and I have discussed a few times over the years, but there's nothing currently in the works. If there's anything that people are talking about right now, it's just another variation on the same rumors that have been circulating for years."

So, it looks like we've been led on another wild goose chase. What bothers me the most is that Dean didn't say Trey's project never got off the ground, but that there was no project in the first place. I hate to say this, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm starting to have a feeling that "Trey" (if that's his real name) has been putting us on.

Anyway, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at this point, that's all I have to share.

Last edited by Wrong Arturo; 11-12-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Wrong Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:46 AM   #62
QLEAP

I wouldn't be too hasty about thinking they aren't making the movie....The IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base)has it listed as a real movie...so I wouldn't be too quick to fear it's over...

Here is the link...note: The second movie listed is "A Bold Leap Forward"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/
Old 11-13-2005, 12:28 PM   #63
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLEAP
I wouldn't be too hasty about thinking they aren't making the movie....The IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base)has it listed as a real movie...so I wouldn't be too quick to fear it's over...

Here is the link...note: The second movie listed is "A Bold Leap Forward"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/
But the IMDb is as good as nothing when it comes to information on movies that aren't released yet. Their problem lies in the fact that they let anyone post information. All it takes is someone with a good imagination and the rumors go flying away. I go by things that Don, Scott or Dean say directly or indirectly.

And I believe Trey Callaway's script was indeed real; he wrote the script for I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, which, quite frankly, didn't exactly get my hopes up on his script for the QL movie. He was interviewed about his script and provided some clues, which is how we all came to discuss Sammy Jo's age discrepancy. For that reason, I was annoyed that his script seemingly ignored facts from the original series. As I've said before, I wish Don or Deborah Pratt would write the script themselves. Even if it was sub-par, I'd at least feel better that they were the ones who wrote it.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #64
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Trey really did have a script and it was being considered. The Project Quantum Leap fan club interviewed him, so this was for real. Maybe one day it'll happen... I guess we'll just have to be as patient as possible. If nothing else, we have a great series out on DVD with hopes of more of these Region 2 sets having all music intact. And of course... the fans keep it alive and kicking. We are fans of one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever! It'll be back...

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #65
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

I wonder how much difference we would make if we did a mass petition or a mass letter-sending project to influence the powers that be? It's probably already been done, but the thought just crossed my mind.

Samantha Beckett
Old 11-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #66
Wrong Arturo

OK, I just wrote a loooong post explaining the reasons behind my doubting Trey. Then I went over to the Dragon*Con thread, and I saw that Tina_Als_Girl (a regular, trusted poster) said that Deborah confirmed that Trey was involved.

I asked her to fill in the details a little for clarity's sake, but I trust Tina and I trust Deborah.

Also, understand that I don't doubt anyone who posts here regularly. I know everyone here was being honest. I was worried about the info coming to us from outside sources.

Sorry if I was a little too quick to accuse Trey. I've seen QL fans get more than their fair share of abuse from trolls and pranksters, and I just didn't want to see that happen again (or anymore).

Last edited by Wrong Arturo; 11-13-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Wrong Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #67
Wrong Arturo

P.S. I just checked IMDB, and the movie is now listed as being "In Development." The only other information on this project is on IMDBpro.com (I checked - it's basically the same info that used to be on the regular site).

That's actually a good sign. The information on that site beforehand was highly inaccurate. A whole bunch of people had voted an 8.0 out of 10 rating for a movie none of them had ever seen! (Obviously, the people thought they were voting for the series.)

So the good news is that someone at Bellisarius (or this website?) updated IMDB with the accurate information. That also means that same source will update again when the time comes to move forward with the project.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:33 AM   #68
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
P.S. I just checked IMDB, and the movie is now listed as being "In Development." The only other information on this project is on IMDBpro.com (I checked - it's basically the same info that used to be on the regular site).

That's actually a good sign. The information on that site beforehand was highly inaccurate. A whole bunch of people had voted an 8.0 out of 10 rating for a movie none of them had ever seen! (Obviously, the people thought they were voting for the series.)

So the good news is that someone at Bellisarius (or this website?) updated IMDB with the accurate information. That also means that same source will update again when the time comes to move forward with the project.
That is promising news. I had heard tho that they had scrapped their orignal script idea, I can't remember what thread tho (prolly this one), so I think I'm gonna take it one little skeptical step at a time until I hear more.

Samantha Beckett
Old 12-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #69
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

ok, i have no idea if this means anything and i, personally hope not, but i a wile ago before my major computer troubles begun happened upon a website during a google search for QL out of bordom, and i read that if there were to be a new tv movie, that Scott may not be able to portray Sam agian, however on my Cd they interview him and he said that he would love the opporuntity to portray Sam once agian. besides who else would they get. no one can top Scott. even at 51 he's a major hunk, enough to contiue playing Sam perfectly.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 AM   #70
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:

I'm sorry, but where are you coming up with the idea that this information is accurate? Why do you think that someone from Bellisarius Productions or this site posted that?

I was saying earlier in this thread that the IMDb is not reliable when it comes to information about upcoming movies. They let anybody post information. Some of it is authentic, some of it is not. The point is that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference. It is usually a reliable source for older movies, however. But I really don't rely on much of the information posted there.

I don't mean to rain on the parade by any means, but "in development" is pretty vague when you think about it. To me, it means nothing more than the powers that be having the intention of making a new film, but that nothing is really happening. I understand the eagerness to see this project finally get off the ground, but the truth of the matter is that whatever concrete information we had has now been scrapped.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #71
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Nut
I'm sorry, but where are you coming up with the idea that this information is accurate? Why do you think that someone from Bellisarius Productions or this site posted that?

I was saying earlier in this thread that the IMDb is not reliable when it comes to information about upcoming movies. They let anybody post information. Some of it is authentic, some of it is not. The point is that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference. It is usually a reliable source for older movies, however. But I really don't rely on much of the information posted there.

I don't mean to rain on the parade by any means, but "in development" is pretty vague when you think about it. To me, it means nothing more than the powers that be having the intention of making a new film, but that nothing is really happening. I understand the eagerness to see this project finally get off the ground, but the truth of the matter is that whatever concrete information we had has now been scrapped.
i agree totally QLnut, people fake stuff like that all the time, it could very easily be someone claiming to be Bellisario. you really can't fully trust the internet sometimes.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #72
Jeremy2753

Smile

I Hope Quantum Leap The Bold Leap comes to the Theaters or tv or dvd it would be awsome.

Regards
Jeremy
Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #73
Wrong Arturo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Nut
Umm, what are you arguing about, Chris? I think you misunderstood what I said. I agree that the IMDB isn't very accurate--in fact, that was my whole point! I was glad that the already inaccurate information had been taken down.

I tried to be optimistic that the information came from some legitimate source, but I wasn't promising anything like that by any means.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #74
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:
I tried to be optimistic that the information came from some legitimate source, but I wasn't promising anything like that by any means.
Did I come off as argumentative? I'm sorry! Not my intention. I get that you also think the IMDb is sometimes inaccurate, I was just wondering what was making you think that it was Bellisarius Productions or one of us here updating that. Because, as you know, if there's going to be any new information, it'll surely be here first! Sorry again.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #75
Wrong Arturo

Oh, sure. Sometimes we all misunderstand each other.

I guess maybe I was overly optimistic in suggesting that the removal came from an official source. But I jumped the gun with negativity before, so I'm trying to be a little more cautious this time around. That's all.

The fact is, the lack of BLF is just one setback. QL is not dead in our hearts and minds, so I can't imagine it'll be gone forever!