Metempsychosis: A Fall From Heaven Chapter 2

J

jannagalaxy

Hi, here is chapter 2!

Janna Galaxy

PS please tell me what you think?

Chapter 2
Sam was surrounded by a bright white light. Sam felt peace and tranquil, a beautiful thought.
I've never felt so at peace. I never want to leave this place. Thought Sam. Voices started to surround him.
"We're losing him!" A female voice cried.
"Please keep trying. We can't lose him so soon."
"I'll try my best." Another voice said.
"Sam, please don't leave us. We need you. We need your help....I need you." The female voice whispered.
"No!" cried Sam. "This isn't right! I shouldn't be here!"
"He's coming back!"
"The female sighed in relief"
The bright white light that surrounded him disappeared. Sam opened his eyes, and froze.
I was dead.
Sam looked around. He was in a white sterile room. Sam was lying on a bed. It seemed to be a medical room.
The room had different machines and medicines.
There were no windows and only one door without a door handle. On the side was a panel with buttons and a card-slot machine.
The door suddenly slid open.
A middle aged man with whitening hair and a young woman entered.
"Dr. Beckett! It's great to see that you're conscious. I must say that it is a great pleasure to meet you at last! I'm Dr. Simon Thomas, but please call me Simon."
"I was dead." was all that Sam could say.
Simon nodded "Yes." Simon quickly changed the subject. "This is Janna Nestor, my assistant. She will answer all the questions that you have."
The young woman looked up and briefly smiled at Sam and let her head drop again.
For a brief moment Sam could see her face. Her jet black hair was tied in an old fashioned French plat. She had deep dark eyes and dark red full lips. She also had a small scar near the edge of her eye.
Simon turned to Janna. "Miss Nestor, I need you to answer any of Dr. Beckett's concerns and have him brought to me when you've finished with the de-briefing."
Janna nodded.
"I must say again, it is a great pleasure to have you here!" Simon turned on his heal and left.
Janna smiled at Sam. "Hello."
"Where am I?" asked Sam.
"Project Quantum Leap."
"New Mexico?"
Janna shook her head. "No, it wasn't safe there. It was better to move Antarctica."
"When?" asked Sam.
"2005"
Sam sat up and took notice. "I'm in the future!" cried Sam.
Janna nodded.
Janna put her electronic noted pad, that she'd been carrying down and sat next to Sam on his bed.
"I'll make this easy for you. This is Project Quantum Leap in Antarctica it was moved for protection because the last PQL in New Mexico was destroyed by The Star-Catcher Project, also known as "The Evil Leapers."
Sam could hear Zoey's evil laugh has he heard Janna's words.
"I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this Dr. Beckett but everyone was killed."
"If everyone was killed then how do you know what happened?"
"I'll just say someone did survive."
Sam got up and paced.
"Everyone is dead." said Sam. "Everyone I ever knew is dead! Gushie, Tina, Verbena...." Sam closed his eyes and took a deep breath "Al?"
Janna nodded her head.
Tears ran down Sam's eyes has he plunged in depression and despair. "I wish I never built that time machine. It has caused nothing but trouble......Sammy, what happened to my daughter?"
"She was one of the first....." began Janna.
"Please!" cried Sam. "Don't tell me anymore!" Sam put his head in his hands and slid down the wall and on to the floor.
Sam began to cry. He whimpered and moaned.
Janna closed her eyes and walked over to him and sat on the floor next to him.
"Dr. Beckett we need your help."
"Why am I here?"
"We've been looking for you for ten years and when we found you, you were dying. Zoey, a very high member of Star-Catcher stabbed you and murdered her host?s body. We need your help to stop them once and for all."
Sam looked up. His eyes were tear stained red. "How?"
Janna smiled "Dr. Thomas will explain to you later." Janna looked down at Sam. "First we need to get you out of that Fermi suit."
They both stood up and Janna handed Sam a shirt, trousers and a pair of black shoes.
"Where shall I change?" asked Sam.
"Well, here."
Sam turned bright red. "I can?t change here, in front of you."
Janna began to look confused. "Why?"
"It's you're a young woman and I'm a man."
"Yes, I know that."
It is not decent for a man to change in front of a woman." Sam stuttered.
Janna wrinkled her brow. "Oh! Yes, you are from a time when people where very inhibited towards their bodies."
Sam began to get even redder.
"As you wish." Janna shrugged. "I'll turn around." Janna turned around.
Sam began to get changed.
Janna quickly turned her head to Sam. "Besides, I don't understand why me being "a young woman" as you put it be a problem for you to dress while I'm faced you?"
Sam froze for a spilt second and then as quick as lightening grabbed the bed sheet that had protected him when he arrived.
"Fine! Cried Janna. "I'll turn back around."
Sam didn't move.
Janna hid a smile from Sam. "I promise I won't turn around."
Sam began to dress again.
"Answer my question."
"What question was that?" asked Sam.
"Why I being "a young woman" as you put it is a problem for you to dress while I'm faced you?"
"Well, you can't be more than 18 and I'm old enough to be your father." replied Sam.
"Oh, is that so! Well, I've got something to tell you Dr. Beckett....."
"You can turn around now."
Janna turned around and gasped. He is cute She then shook her head "As I was saying Dr. Beckett...."
"Sam."
Janna nodded. "Sam, don't always take things at face value. You might be surprised." Janna looked at her watch. "We should be going. Dr. Thomas is proberly waiting for us."
"Miss Nestor?"
Janna smiled at Sam. "Janna, please."
"Thank You."
"For what?"
"It was your voice that saved my life."
Janna smiled. "You're welcome."
Janna opened the door. "Shall we?"
?Tell Me,? asked Sam while they walked down the corridor. ?What is the world like today??
?It?s not a place that you?d like to walk through during the day.? Replied Janna. ?Things are getting worse with each passing moment. I would say that within a year...? Janna paused. ?We?re here.?
Janna reached inside her pocket and produced a key card. She then slid it through the scanner. The door slid open.
The room Sam and Janna entered seemed to be a 20th century office. The office had a large boardroom type table. At the far end of the table sat Simon Thomas, an elderly man and a young woman with dark brown, short cropped hair.
?Thank for joining us Dr. Beckett.? smiled Dr. Thomas. ?Miss Nestor, I would like you to also join us.?
Sam sat down. Janna nodded and sat next to Sam at the opposite side of the large table.
?Before we start Dr. Thomas. I would like to say a few words to our guest.? Said the young woman with short hair.
Dr. Thomas nodded. ?I understand.?
The young woman stood up and walked over to Sam. ?I?ve missed you Dr. Beckett.? The woman sat on Sam?s knee.
?I...am...sorry.? Stumbled Sam. ?But I don?t remember you.?
?Well, I have had a hair cut since you left!? laughed the woman.
Janna began to giggle. ?Sorry.?
The young woman smiled at Janna. ?I see you?ve met my best friend. I would never have thought that I?d have a human as my best friend.? She then began to study Sam. ?You don?t look as cute as you once did. You?ve got old. You look like the weight of the world has finally caught up with you.?
Janna shook her head. ?I?m sorry Sam. She?s a bit upset about losing at cards yesterday night.?
?Losing!? cried the woman. ?You cheated!?
?It?s not my fault that you can?t see through my poker face!? Janna laughed.
?What?s going on!?!? cried Sam.
Janna stopped laughing. ?I?m sorry Dr. Beckett, Dr. Thomas.?
Janna looked over to the young woman. ?Look lets just cut the crap and tell him who you are.?
The young woman took hold of Sam?s hand.
?It?s me father. Ziggy.?
Sam looked in disbelieve and shock.
?No,? Sam shook his head. ?I made Ziggy! I know her better than anyone.?
The short woman let go of Sam?s hand. ?Dr. Beckett, I am Ziggy. You created me in the 1990?s, but you didn?t want me to just another expensive number cruncher and so you give me an ego.? The woman took a deep breath. ?You cannot imagine the depression I suffered when I couldn?t retrieve you. I tried my best, but whatever I tried something was more powerful than me pulled you away. The Admiral was the worst. He refused to give up hope that you would return home. I remember on some of the leaps he would go for days with out sleep. Dr. Beeks had to order him to bed. Later, when Dr. Elesee arrived she worked harder then anyone on the staff. When you returned for that one night, but left only hours later, Dr. Elesse buried herself in her work.? Ziggy, smiled at a memory. ?She used to say to me all the time; ?He came back to me once, he?ll come back again.? And she believed it. Dr. Fuller was so like you in many ways. She would stay in her lab everyday never seeing anyone for days perfecting the retrieval program. She never did find out the truth about you.? Ziggy closed her eyes. ?I miss them.?
Sam looked at Ziggy in adoration. ?I can?t believe that you survived all this time. At least there is a connection to my past that is still here.? Sam embraced the humanoid robot. ?But how did you get to be like this??
?When Project Quantum Leap lost contact, an investigation was set to find out what was going. They found everyone dead. Most of Ziggy?s vital systems were damaged. However her memories her intact and a team began to repair her.? Dr. Thomas said.
?And?? asked Sam.
?And,? began Janna, ?At the time we were working on a building a kind of robot, artificial intelligence. Well the rest is history.?
Ziggy let go of Sam?s hand. ?Dr. Thomas, I believe that we should continue with the debriefing.?
Dr. Thomas nodded. ?Yes, let?s continue. Everyone please take your seats.?
They all sat down.
?Right, down to business.?