Announcing our event Master of Ceremonies

CarolD

Jul 15, 2006
New York
We're very excited to announce the signing of a special Master of Ceremonies for Leap Back 2009: Mr. Marc B. Lee.

Marc has been involved in fandom for many years and was a familiar face to attendees of the Farpoint and Shore Leave cons in Baltimore. More recently, he's been involved with Ringcon and Fedcon in Germany, as well as a number of other fandom and Trek-related events, such as Jimmy Doohan's star ceremony and the farewell con in Mr. Doohan's honor.

His humor, enthusiasm and knowledge of SF make him an unbeatable on-stage presence. He was a fan of QL from the very beginning, and we can't wait to hear his thoughts on the show.

Marc will also be serving as our auctioneer and will moderate our guest panels. If you'd like to know more about him, check out his website at www.marcblee.org.

Welcome to the madness, Marc!

CHEESE? SOMEONE CUT THE CHEESE?

Ok ok....on a serious note. Carol has told me that you all are the best. In no way do I plan to step on any toes here but this event has the possibility of being something biigger than you guys might imagine.

I'm happy to be of any assistance to make this an international event. You all are already a wonderful group of folks wanting to do this and I bow to your manicured toes in appreciation.

<butt kissing session over>

Hmmm!! Please refer to my post (and Leaper1's) under David Newsome to attend conference

The tyranny of distance :realmad

But I am enjoying the lead up excitement, i'm sure it will be almost as good as attending it! OK I know, maybe not - but please don't burst my bubble here!

Hey guys - Marc has 25 years under his belt of attending and working at cons all around the world. He's met EVERYBODY in the Sci Fi world and no doubt has some great stories to tell. He had a key role in James Doohan's final convention and at the ceremony to launch Jimmy's ashes into space.

Ask him about your favorite celeb, or show -- let's put him onstage even before the con!

I'll start -- Marc, what's your favorite Star Trek memory?