If I Was a Rich Man...

The Someday Man

Project QL Intern
Sep 2, 2002
I'd fund the return of Quantum Leap myself! lol

How many years now? And still nothing. Ah, me. I feel for the rest of you. I'm set. New episodes of QL are produced on a regular basis right here once I hit REM.

Someday, my friends. Someday. :)

Be Well,
Shane

The Someday Man said:
I'd fund the return of Quantum Leap myself! lol

How many years now? And still nothing. Ah, me. I feel for the rest of you. I'm set. New episodes of QL are produced on a regular basis right here once I hit REM.

Someday, my friends. Someday. :)

Be Well,
Shane

And if I were a rich woman... I'd fly up there and kick his butt! *G* :p

Where have you been Shane?

MJ

SonOfSam said:
We could always start a collection. I know I'd pay. :p

Brian how many members are here? Multiply that nember by 10(the dollar amount) and you'd get the total amount. I'd estimate it would come to somewhere around $5000.00
That's assuming the number of members is around 500 and that everyone can afford to donate the $$. Hmmm. 5000 dollars is enough for a VERY low budget TV show. Then again, that is just a good push to get it moving. :leap

Nice to see you around again Shane! :) And nice pun Shane. LOL! You're the "Someday Man".

Steve
RossBeckett

Haha if it was that low budget, then you'd have to think of some alternative special effects! To make the QL base in N. Mexico, erm how much does playdoh cost these days? A cardboard box with some fairy lights on could possibly pass as Ziggy... :p

Seriously though, I do wish some TV biggie could kickstart the show again, if they had enough influence, they could probably get the right people on board to make it. Or perhaps the jerk who cancelled the show should seek clemency and bring it back. He might go to Heaven then.

You guys have read about the guy who produces classic Trek episodes/movies in his garage, right? He's put them together with great care (and good scripts) and has even gotten a number of the original actors to fly out to where he is, to take roles in an episode. It's amazing what fans can put together when they have the motivation.

RossBeckett, I love your optimism (and your love of the show)...but $5000? I think an episode of an hour-long drama with FX budgets out at a couple million dollars these days.

As far as the cancellation goes...if I remember correctly what Don B said at the early cons - NBC offered to bring the show back for another season IF he got rid of Dean Stockwell and gave Sam a new, younger (i.e., a teen hottie) Observer, and IF Sam's Leaps went into the future. Don told them, no thank you.

Of course, there could have been (and probably was) a lot more to it than that, but as I recall, that's what Don gave as the reason.

CarolD said:
You guys have read about the guy who produces classic Trek episodes/movies in his garage, right? He's put them together with great care (and good scripts) and has even gotten a number of the original actors to fly out to where he is, to take roles in an episode. It's amazing what fans can put together when they have the motivation.

RossBeckett, I love your optimism (and your love of the show)...but $5000? I think an episode of an hour-long drama with FX budgets out at a couple million dollars these days.

As far as the cancellation goes...if I remember correctly what Don B said at the early cons - NBC offered to bring the show back for another season IF he got rid of Dean Stockwell and gave Sam a new, younger (i.e., a teen hottie) Observer, and IF Sam's Leaps went into the future. Don told them, no thank you.

Of course, there could have been (and probably was) a lot more to it than that, but as I recall, that's what Don gave as the reason.

I-If they got rid of Dean Stockwell?!?! Absolute sacrilage!! Dirty slime! Filthy rogues!

I'm up for some more Radio Files, but you guys know I'm picky picky when it comes to scripts these days. But only because I barely have time to do two or three a year if I really go for it. So we have to go for the gold each time.

Send me some scripts or ideas. My new email is: shane@sunlitemusic.com

Surely we can knock one out before Christmas? Is Ben still around, by the way?

Be Well,
Shane

I have a question: Are the radio plays available in any other format, like on a CD or something? I can't download anything at the computer labs, and my home computer isn't even hooked up to the internet. From what I've read, these plays sound intriguing, and I'd love to hear them!

I'd love to help out, but it'd have to be after November, as I'm going to be participating in NaNoWriMo.

I do have a couple ideas for some independent storylines for the radio play.... I might need to collaborate, though, as I've been suffering from a major creative block the past year or more.

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Possible Storylines...

Actually, once my new computer comes in (October 25)...:hurray... I should be able to put everything that I need back into place and then be able to write another story for the radio files. So... as soon as I can... we'll see what we can do!

CarolD said:

After going through more episodes of season five than is probably healthy to watch in one day, I've become aware that the end is nigh. I don't want it to... But it's made me wonder; has anyone thought about making a fan movie, like the Trek guy mentioned? It's another way for QL to continue that could be fun!