Heroes TV series

Clara5

Project QL Intern
Nov 6, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hello all!!!

I know I haven't been in here in some time, and Real Life has kept me away from many things when it comes to internet...

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone watched this series, and what you people think about it. I have juste started watching it yesterday (watching 4 in a row with a friend of mine, lol) and I thought it was kind of promissing... Of course, sometimes it can seem a bit disgusting, as it is not for the faint of heart, but the cliffhangers just make you want to watch more...

So I just wanted your opinion of the show, if you've seen it, and I recommend those of you who haven't to do so.

Have a great day!

Clara

Haven't seen it, but it does seem interesting to me. Like so many other shows, I have to find out when it's on so I can dedicate time to it. It is a sci-fi show on NBC, so I hope it's able to make it. Given how NBC has been trailing the other networks in ratings, maybe this show will actually have a chance of surviving...for now.

my mom and I stopped watching, we liked it at first but it started getting unrealsitic, rediculious, and confusing. So we dont watch anymore.

I am still watching and really like it. Although the story development is really slow. The show has rigidly maintained a 10-90 ratio. 10% action (or less) and 90% story development / characters talking. I guess I was expecting a superhero show to have a little bit more adrenaline. It doesn't have to be the Jack Bauer Power Hour ("24") -- which I also love, but for the suspense and jeopardy of it -- but a little more fear and struggle between characters would be nice.

Actually I have been rather satisfied with how they have not contradicted themselves for the most part. Some elements that might be confusing (SPOILER if you have not seen the last episode):

Claire's dad -- disables the abilities of heroes he is around. Explains why Syler couldn't hurt him and why Peter Patrelli suddenly got sicker and stopped healing when he was around.

You really have to pay attention to what Claire's dad's black male assistant has been doing. Claire's dad has been abducting and studying the heroes and in some cases, educating them about how to use those powers. Then claire's dad's assistant has selectively wiped their memories so they go back out into the world.

SPOILER FOR LAST EPISODE (Dec 2006) -- I think the tides are going to turn against Claire's father for his attempts to "protect" her by wiping everyone's memory including (as far as he knows) Claire herself. Fortunately, Claire's father's assistant (who has a secret too -- he is not mute!) has a little more sense than that.

I am hopeful that Claire will wise up and start to get a bigger picture idea of what's going on and take part.

As for the premonition that Peter Petrelli has about he being the one who blows up New York, I wonder if it is because he invited all the heroes to be in one place and all their powers being in proximity to him is what causes him to "overload" and blow up.

Lots of possibilities. Any other confusions people have that would like to discuss? By the way the show is based off a comic book which you can buy or download, and there is extra information at NBC and linked from NBC.

I figured that the premonition Peter has of him blowing up means that the guy who can go nuclear somehow gets out of jail, ends up somewhere near Peter, who, of course, would have no idea how to control his borrowed power, and thus goes kablooey in the middle of New York.