Snake in the Grass

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
This fourth story in my five story arc is now being posted at fanfiction.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2784605/1/

I must warn you before you go there, though, that this story deals with subject matter that some may find distressing, and is not for young or sensitive readers.

If you think you can handle it, please read and review.

Many Sam fans will hate me for what I have made him do.

Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Samantha Beckett said:
....what did you do to Sam? hehe :blackeye :blackeye :blackeye

Samantha Beckett

It is not so much what I've done to Sam, though I know I have a reputation for cruelty to him, as what I make him do in Chapter 9 that may have me receiving the hatemail.

Do To and Make Him Do

Helen:

You DO BOTH in this story.

However...as one of the people that was TOTALLY SHOCKED by your story (from the time you told me what you were going to do)...I have to honestly say...I don't hate you. AM GREATLY DISTURBED mind you...but don't hate you.

We Helen's gotta stick together!

Helen in Colorado

Re: Snake In The Grass

Helen,

Since the day "Snake In The Grass" was posted over at fanfiction.net, I have read it almost as fast as each new chapter was posted. As for Chapter 9, in my opinion you handled everything about it perfectly - the description & imagery, the dialogue and especially the emotional aspects for ALL of the characters involved. There is enough realism in it without it crossing the line into 'just for pure shock value'. I, personally, was not shocked. This was masterful writing.

Brava, my friend. I look forward to the rest of this story with great anticipation. :hurray:

-------
Eleiece

I consider the torturing of favorite characters as a sign of affection. Though maybe that's because it's something I'm guilty of... I'll have to read through your series when I get time! Whatever you did, it must be interesting, to say the least...

Clarification

This is more for those reading the string than for Helen (as we have talked at length about this story and how it was written).

I absolutely agree with Eleiece...the story (and especially the issue that she dealt with) was handled very well and was (as all Helen's work is) well written. I did not mean to imply in my posting above otherwise. However...it was (and remains) a concept that has disturbed me, and, as well as it was handled, it will always bring about a certain angst when I read it. This is me and not necessarily anyone else. As I indicated at the beginning of this post, Helen and I have had many conversations concerning it and she understands where I'm coming from.

Helen is not kidding about her warning. Please understand that if you do read it, you need to be prepared to deal with rather difficult issues.

Last edited:
The story is now posted in its entirety for those who don't like to start a story they can't finish.

Colorado Helen is right - this story, of all those I have written, does have the potential to be extremely disturbing, so please don't enter it lightly.

Having said that, of course I want as many people as possible to read and review it.

I have been very gratified at how well it has been received so far, but if you don't like it, I need to hear that too.

I'm now working on the last of the five stories "M.E. myself and Sam". It is still in the early stages, so I don't know how long it will be before this one is posted, but I'll keep you all informed.

Thank you again to those who have supported me in this venture, and those who have given me positive feedback. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Helen--

I just finished your story---:hair ! While I was distressed by parts of it, I felt it was all part of the story. You did a masterful job in dealing with all of the emotions that those scenes brought up with all involved.

I truly enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your talents!

elliemae said:
Helen--

I just finished your story---:hair ! While I was distressed by parts of it, I felt it was all part of the story. You did a masterful job in dealing with all of the emotions that those scenes brought up with all involved.

I truly enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Thank you for your comments. A writer lives for feedback from their readers.

I have never been so nervous of putting my work out there as I have with this one. It has been far better received than I dared hope.