An appeal to our English forum members

Al The Observer

Project QL Intern
Feb 1, 2006
ALabama
In light of the current flooding disaster that is taking place (tens of thousands without power or running water due to the worst flooding in 60 years), please check in with us and let everyone at Al's Place know you're okay.

Thanks!

Flood situation

Al The Observer said:
In light of the current flooding disaster that is taking place (tens of thousands without power or running water due to the worst flooding in 60 years), please check in with us and let everyone at Al's Place know you're okay.

Thanks!

Thanks for your concern.
Here in Bedford we are still on high alert, but so far ok.

http://maps.environment-agency.gov....oups=1,&layerGroupToQuery=1&location=MK42 8RE

On this map we are just into the cyan area at the bottom of the curve, so we should only be at risk if it gets into extreme flood conditions.

As of last night, the river at its closest point to us had burst it's banks and flooded the neighboring fields. It would need to rise another three to four feet in depth and 5-6 feet in distance to reach the nearest houses. From there, it would take another 4-5 feet of depth, and a further 8-9 feet distance to reach our house. Fingers crossed it won't get that bad.

Will keep you posted.

Yeah, where I live there is little/zero chance of a flood. In fact, the rain is awful but we are never flooded. Thanks for the check anyway ATO. ;)

ziggysego said:
Even though I'm not from England, my town got flooded last month.

Sorry to hear that Dermy - were you affected personally?

Our river has thankfully receded. The fields are still a bit waterlogged in places, but we can see green fields again.