1023 The Curling Shuffle

The Curling Shuffle

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
The Curling Shuffle
March 23, 2001

Red Deer, Alberta

Sam leaps into Jerry McCormick, a university student who plays on the school's curling team. A rivalry in the team has sparked up, and Sam becomes even more concerned when Al mentions the M-word: Murder.

Written by: Mike Bloxam

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 7.85

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
Curling... what a weird sport. A few years ago I found a curling game in progress on one of my TV channels and thought it was a floor sweeping contest or SLT, but I realized I was watching the Winter Olympics! And even after reading this story, I still wonder what this game is about...

Well, back to the rating biz. The thing I liked most in the story is the "leap-in-sleep" idea. As far as I can remember this had never been used before, and it adds a lot of confusion for our poor old Sam. I still wonder how it's possible, but I also know that I'd like it to be used again in future stories!

RATING: 7.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate THE CURLING SHUFFLE a 7 (This was a pretty good story. It was worth reading.)

RATING: 7.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
Yes, I'll admit, I still don't understand curling and probably never will. It was nice to see Sam leap into a situation he's never leaped into before. After 200+ stories (TV episodes included), it becomes more difficult to put Sam into a situation he hasn't been in before. This was a refreshing change of pace from another excellent writer.

Well done, Mike!

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
This was a good story, a very pleasant read as well as giving some facts about the not so well known sport of curling. Well done, Mike.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
It was well written and interesting to read about Curling... something that I hadn't read about before.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Curling... uh... hmmm...

I always find myself wondering who came up with the idea of taking a huge rock and sweeping it across the ice... I guess people way up in the north country must not always have much to do, huh? :p

Seriously though, this was an enjoyable story, Mikey. I was laughing when Sam commented on how insane the game is. Curling is definitely an acquired taste, I suppose.

Well done, my friend! :)

An interesting story Mike.

I like the idea that Sam leapt out and back in again without knowing, I almost expected him to have switched into Mark or Aaron a bit like in Double Identity, so it was a good ruse to put him back exactly where he was.

Also, though I know it is coincidental, I kinda got a kick that one of the characters was named after me! (Earl)

So, what's next kiddo?
I'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks, Damon! Yes, we all get a little cabin fever up here... we make up weird sports like curling and drinking games. :b

Thank you too, Helen. The name Earl was, yes, coincidental, considering I started this story in 1999... and then when I thought about it, I realised you might be related! :lol

I'm glad that I managed to entertain some of you. ^_^ I was going for, as Morris mentioned, a new situation for Sam to leap into... it is hard to some up with something new for earch story.

Hopefully, I'll have a story for early season eleven. :D

... Mike. ^_^