Good 10 35.71%
Average 3 10.71%
Fair 1 3.57%
Poor 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #26
TheLeaper
Waiting Room Visitor

Al claims Ziggy was tracking the leap when suddenly Sam fell off the space time continuum. It doesn't usually work that way. They usually find Sam by questioning the Leapee.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #27
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeaper View Post
Al claims Ziggy was tracking the leap when suddenly Sam fell off the space time continuum. It doesn't usually work that way. They usually find Sam by questioning the Leapee.
They probably have a lot of backup plans incase questioning the Leapee is not possible. This would be one such time - the Leapee in question would only say that his name is John.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 AM   #28
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

I concur with Lightning.

It's been established that, sensibly given the circumstances, more than one leapee has arrived in an unstable or unfocused condition to answer questions such as the mentally ill leapee in 'Shock Theater' and the death row inmate leapee in 'Last Dance Before an Execution' who was in a comatose stupor because his body was made to believe it was dead.
Then there was the one unique situation of 'The Wrong Stuff' in which the leapee was inhuman so unable to speak English.

Also recall that they as well suffer from the swiss-cheese effect.
Ex. Liz Tate, from 'Revenge of the Evil Leaper': (paraphrasing) "Carol Benning? I can't even remember my own last name, how am I am I supposed to remember who murdered Carol Benning?!".

Any information the leapee can provide does make it easiest but is only a fraction of the process. Sam's brainwaves are also a necessity which 'Shock Theater' illustrates when they'd nearly lost all contact with him due to his brain being scrambled by the electroshock treatment.
Sam was even located without there even being a leapee in 'Mirror Image' though that arguably took place in his subconscious while in the void between leaps.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote