1004 A Flying Leap

A Flying Leap

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.0

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
I gotta admit that unlike our fellow rater Morris Finkle, I strongly enjoy most "untraditional approach" stories. After five TV seasons and soon as much Virtual ones, I'd rather say that any unexpected deviation from the "Leap In > Wrong Put Right > Leap Out" basic pattern is a healthy change, and often means good surprises, such as in this "FLYING LEAP". So what if there's much less Sam than usual, and if the W is put R well after he's Leaped Out: the way all of it turns out is truly team work (the team including Ziggy too), neither Al nor Sam could have done it alone. Besides, restoring the honour of this pilot HAD to be Al's mission: it's obvious that this tragedy and its covering-up had been torturing his mind since his Bingo years.

A.J.: you deserve a seat on the "Top 5 Leapfic writers" bench; all of us faithful VS public know that ALL your stories are top quality.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate A FLYING LEAP a 8.5 (This was a good story. It is a good read.) I like when Al has a big hand in the proceedings.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the story was actually told from "our" Al's perspective, not Bingo's. I felt this added a special angle to the story that couldn't have been told quite the same way if it were from Sam's perspective. I still prefer the traditional approach: having a story begin and end with Sam leaping, but nonetheless, this was a pretty good story.

Nicely done, AJ! I give it an 8.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Nothing less than what I've come to expect in a story that AJ has written. Sharp, real dialogue, crisp description.... summed up in one word....Excellent! AJ's depiction of Al is so 'right on' that I could hear the inflections in his voice.

Brava, AJ! Brava!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
I got chills when Al began talking to that nozzle about what he'd done and how he was going to put it right. A. J. you hit the nail on the head with that one. Excellent!

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work A.J. I loved it. I liked how this episode was told from Al's POV and that point gives continuity from the previous ep where the story was told by the leapee. "Quake" was much different in that Scott and Dean would not have starred in at all. Anyway, Stephen Beckett, huh? Is he Sam's nephew or son? Another question coming from a person who barely got through the first 2 episodes of the 6th season; When did Edward St. John V become a Project regular? The second question is rhetorical. I know I?ll find out as I go through the series.
Thanks for a great pre-"A Leap For Lisa" episode, well sort of.
~Steve(aka RossBeckett)
P.S. When my adoption page is ready and posted, you'll find out who I'm picturing for the role of Sammy Jo, but I'm picturing Jennifer Aniston("Nowhere To Run" and "Friends") as Susan Forrester. Sorry, I just had to get that out. ;) Again great episode!

Well, I'll help you out a little bit, Steve...

St. John came onto the Project near the end of the 7th Virtual Season as a replacement for Gooshie ("I'm Not Sure You'd Understand, Old Fruit" immediately following "Fallen Hero Parts 1 & 2"); and Stephen was introduced during the first half of the 8th Season as the son of Sam and Donna. Sam leaped into himself on the day before he stepped into the accelerator in 1995, was reunited with Donna, and Stephen was born 9 months later ("I Will Love You Forever Parts 1 & 2"), which would now make him about 8 or 9 I believe, since the current date is supposed to be 2004. The Season Summaries at the TVS site mention all of the important plotlines that have taken place over the past 4 seasons.

On a side note, about the TEA thing... as far as Sammy Jo is concerned, many of us would place Melora Hardin in the role, since she played Abigail, and because the girl who played Sammy Jo as a child also played Abigail as a child. Same goes for Edward St. John VI, I think. At least, I imagine the late great Roddy McDowell in the role since he also played his father in "A Leap for Lisa". But MJ would be the final word on that, since I believe it is she, AJ and a few others who "cast" the roles of all the recurring characters in TVS and QR, such as Sammy Jo, St. John, Stephen, Tala, Siren, Lothos, Ziggy, etc. (Not sure about the Calavicci girls though.) However, everyone's entitled to their own opinions on who would play whom, so go for it, Steve. :)

P.S. By the way, good story, AJ! Well done! :D

P.P.S. When my story comes up in January, I can tell you right now that I already have an actor picked out for the new character I'm introducing.

I always liked "The Leap For Lisa" how Sam leaped into Bingo
the story was great.i liked how Sam leaped into Bingo again so
Al could nail that Admiral in the future so he could the Commanders name cleared loved excellent story A.J

AJ, I really enjoyed reading your story! I know I'm more than a few weeks behind, but I'm glad that I had a chance to read it. It'll tie me over for QL for another month, hopefully. :lol

It was interesting reading from a character's point-of-view; it almost felt like reading a post in one of the RPGs (albeit a long post! :b ). Overall, very well done.

... Mike. ^_^