1016 Grand Dame of the Sea

Grand Dame of the Sea

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.15

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
OMG, a "normal leap" episode... kind of a relief after the various upheavals and turmoil of the past weeks!

Thanks to Doug; because I had NEVER heard of this disaster before (I guess when it comes to sinking ships there's only one word in our minds: Titanic) so it gave me the opportunity to do some background historical research.

I obviously liked the "Titanic flavor" of this story, but also how it does not just concentrate on the disaster but mainly deals with how the relationship between Sam & Mrs W. evolves. As for every "big kiss with history" we had in QL since Jackie Jennedy survived in the TV-S, we KNOW that Sam will NOT be able to save the ship, we KNOW he'll feel guilty for that and will wonder again "who" decides... but as usual we're expecting another of his "small changes" meaning the mission has been completed successfully.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate GRAND DAME OF THE SEA an 8 (This was a good story. It is a good read.) I knew because of Sam's lifetime you could not do a TITANIC story, but using the Andrea Doria as a backdrop, was great. Very enjoyable.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
To be honest, I had a bit of a hard time reading this story... not that it was bad necessarily... I guess the way it was structured threw me off. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but the lack of chapter breaks forced me to read the entire story in one continuous block. I never knew when one scene ended and another began. And my concentration is hard enough as it is...

Trying to put that problem aside, I'm rating "Grand Dame" an even 8.

P.S. So, we have Sam to thank for those annoying telemarketers who call when you're sitting down to dinner, huh? Hmmm...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
I enjoy reading stories with "kisses" with historical events such as this one (the sinking of the Andrea Doria) so long as they are well done...just like this story. The pacing flowed well and it was a good read, holding my interest all the way through.

Well done, Doug!

RATING: 8.25

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator: