Does anybody here know if this dvd set has the original music?

Al_Calavicci

Project QL Intern
Apr 19, 2009
I was looking around on ebay and ran into this seller offering a bootleg set of the complete series of Quantum Leap on DVD.

I was wondering if anyone here has this set and can tell me if the episodes have all the original music and intro voice overs?

The seller says hes never watched them so he doesnt know.

Heres the item number 251251779072

$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDc9BRBVO34bR!~~60_57.JPG

I got the QL DVDs from Amazon UK...You can actually find them cheaper on Amazon UK than on the U.S. Amazon. In this case, the music is important to the show, so it's worth it. I'd be cautious about anything bootlegged.

All that licensing nonsense is ridiculous, but I guess they will go to great lengths to bring in more money. Oh well.

No idea. This is the box set I have -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUANTUM-L...t=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item27d05e112b

There's also quite a few special features on them, the music as far as I can remember from the original series, is the same on the DVD's, the voice overs are there as well.

If you can find that box set anywhere I'd probably go for that.

Thanks for the advice! I will buy the set online,since its doubtful I'll find it locally. I am glad to know there is one release where the series was left all original.

Universal should be ashamed on themselves!

I am still waiting for "The Wonder Years" to finally make it onto DVD. The reason it hasn't so far? You guessed it! music licensing crap!

It would help if you linked to the set you are looking at Al.
Personally I bought a bootleg set that I am sorry to inform you is not likely to exist anymore as it was several years ago, as we were waiting for season 4 to be released by Universal. At the time I was stupid and actually had no idea it was bootlegged but it does in fact contain all the original music.
I am quite grateful to have it as the replacement music where Foreigner's I Wanna KNow What Love Is (one of my all time favorite songs) is supposed to be in season 4's Temptation Eyes pisses me off. Thus I will only watch my bootlegged version.

I just realized that I am missing an entire box containing season 1 and some season 2 episodes with the exception of the first disc. That's upsetting. :(

The UK is much more sensible about keeping the original music than the U.S. is...The licensing nonsense is ridiculous. Blah.

It all boils down to them wanting to make as much money as possible without putting the time and effort into manufacturing a good product, which I believe has been pointed out before. :p

I agree MichelleD,all they care about is money,not preserving the artistic integrity of the series. I haven't bought the series on DVD for this reason. I was lucky enough to see the edited shows in hulu before I made the mistake of buying the DVDs.

SamBeckettFan,sorry to hear they no longer make your set. I am hoping maybe I can find a fan made DVD bootleg of the set with all the shows intact. I doubt very much universal will ever re-release the show intact.

Fan made is probably your best bet since they work with their own recordings of original airings like my own set. Good luck.

I agree! If you run into anyone selling a good fan man set please let me know.

I actually found the first season studio release of Quantum Leap today for only $2.00 in a thrift shop so I bought it even though I know the music isn't going to be all original. :D