Further QL/Journeyman Similiarities?

Luckleaper

Project QL Intern
May 21, 2007
I have to admit that after watching Journeyman for the past several weeks it is beginning to develop into a quality program. At first it bothered me that there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for his trips, but now we are beginning to get a glimpse of why he might be traveling. The show really seems to be moving from a slow trot to a well paced run and I for one hope that it continues.

Though part of me thinks about Journeyman and the fact that he is traveling as himself through time, and wonders if this is what we would be seeing if Sam began to travel as himself in further seasons. I can't help but think that our hero would have found himself in a very similiar position of he continued leaping through time as himself, and that makes Journeyman all the more interesting to me. The one major exception of course is that Dan makes his way back home, while Sam cannot. Any thoughts?

Luckleaper said:
Though part of me thinks about Journeyman and the fact that he is traveling as himself through time, and wonders if this is what we would be seeing if Sam began to travel as himself in further seasons. I can't help but think that our hero would have found himself in a very similiar position of he continued leaping through time as himself, and that makes Journeyman all the more interesting to me. The one major exception of course is that Dan makes his way back home, while Sam cannot. Any thoughts?

It's possible,but the thing is,in my opinion,that Dan's returning back home after every "leap to the past" he's making.
in the other hand we have QL and Sam,that it seem no matter what - Sam will keep on leaping from one mission to the next,without ever returning home. And this is a big problem,in my opinion, if Sam would have began to travel as himself in further seasons.
I mention 3 reasons for that in one of the threads in the main Forum.
Anyway i believe,that, if we had a 6th season of QL Sam wouldn't leaped as himself during the all season,but only for 1 or 2 more episodes.

I'm starting to think i am really wanting to watch this show if it ever comes to aus. never mind! will get it out on bigpond movies as soon as its available. One thing that about QL that really bugged me was his constant leaping without having a grounding in his own time in between, that would very quickly send you insane. Hey, I'm in my own time without leaping and I'm on the brink!! So I think I would find the fact that he does get that 'homeground advantage' would make it more realistic in my view. However in QL Sam has Al where as i gather Mr Journeyman has no guide to help him. No-one to turn to. Now that would send me insane!