Comic Con Write Up (mentions possible Scott/Dean reunion on MOACA)

JuliaM

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2004
Massachusetts
www.seshatplace.com
http://airlockalpha.com/node/7656/quantum-leap-movie-could-be-in-works.html
'Quantum Leap' Movie Could Be In Works

Former series star Scott Bakula says there's one on the drawing board
by JENN FALLS, Posted Jul-27-2010

Dr. Sam Beckett may once again put right what once went wrong. This time on the big screen.

Former "Quantum Leap" star Scott Bakula told attendees at last weekend's San Diego Comic-Con that his 1990s show could see a rebirth as a film. "Quantum Leap" aired from 1989 to 1993, and has been rerun in syndication from time to time ever since.

"Quantum Leap" centered around a scientist who realized he could travel in time through his own lifetime, taking over people, and setting history right.

The panel, hosted by TV Guide executive editor Craig Tomashoff, Bakula -- who also made a name as the star of the short-lived "Star Trek: Enterprise" on UPN -- proclaimed his love for his character of Sam Beckett.

"This is what I'm known for, and it's a great show to be known for," he said.

Donald Bellisario, the show's creator and executive producer, apparently is working on a script.

A "Quantum Leap" reunion may happen sooner as Bakula's old co-star Dean Stockwell might get some guest appearances on Bakula's current
TNT show "Men of a Certain Age."

Showing enthusiasm for "Quantum Leap" and for its possible future, Bakula said, "It's a great piece of TV history."

I hoped that this would happen and I hope that Dean does guest star on MOACA What a reunion that would be for Scott and Dean.
I would love to be a fly on the wall for that.
Just to feel the warmth in the room.

I only want to see a Quantum Leap movie if Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell reprise their roles as Sam and Al. If they recast the roles, forget it. Sure they're both getting old, but just set it 20 years later.

The article here - http://thetwocentscorp.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/comic-con-scott-bakula-%e2%80%98there-will-be-a-quantum-movie%e2%80%99/
- has a bit more info from Comic Con and a little bit more of what Scott said about a movie and casting. Specifically:

“The good news is that Don is working on the film script and has a big time Hollywood producer who wants to do it,” said Bakula, then had to wait for the cheering to subside. “It’s about time. But what I always thought would happen, happened… [that he’s now too old for the role]. But Dean [Stockwell, who played Al] and I will have a part in it somehow.

This is great news, for the reasons stated above. Also, I like Vince's idea, though it mean that poor Sam would be at this for twenty-years. I really hope that "Quantum Leaper" is something that one can use towards Social Security. :lol