A Message From Scott Bakula!

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
To everyone involved in "The Leap Back" convention,

Thank you all for your hard work( producers, staff and volunteers!) and thanks to everyone who bought tickets and memorabilia and participated in the event! The programs and interviews and artwork were very well done and classy! A special thank you to all the Q.L. guest stars and to the old Q.L. team who gave so generously of their time! I will treasure the beautiful glass commemorative "award", while acknowledging that EVERYONE involved with the convention had a hand in making Sam a "Timeless Character"!

And a very special nod to my friend and publicist of many, many years, Jay Schwartz, who not only won the trivia contest, but I think at times loves the show more than all of us! He worked tirelessly behind the scenes(and in front!) to help make the weekend a success!

Good luck and good health to you all, and again..... Thanks for the Memories!!!

S.B.

Scott is one of the great ones!!!!!

Scott was always one of my favorite actors growing up. Long before I knew about him as a person. His true personal character has far exceeded any expectations we could have had.

There are too many people and things in this life that fall far short of what we want them to be. How rare is it for a person to surpass them??? Every time I read about Scott Bakula he further exceeds my previous opinion.

Before the Convention I started a thread about being nervous to met Scott. The truth is I was far from nervous or anxious when I met him. For a few moments this 30 year old man reverted back to the little kid who first watched Quantum Leap. I saw a look of recognition of that from him. He did not make me feel self-conscious of that at all.

Thank you Scott!

*leaping into a tangent*

Celebrity Deathmatch featured a match where the challenge was to beat the nice out of Tom Hanks (considering Tom Hanks is known for being the uber nice guy)

I want to see a Celebrity Deathmatch between Tom Hanks vs. Scott Bakula to declare who indeed is the nicest guy in show business.

Also: Time Travel Triple Threat Match

Marty McFly and Doc Brown (BACK TO THE FUTURE)

vs.

Dr. Sam Beckett and Al Calavicci (QUANTUM LEAP)

vs.

Bill and Ted (BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE)

What a great message. That kind of gesture and appreciation is, sadly, a rarity -- not just in Hollywood, but in our society. Scott is definitely a class act.

One question was brought up about his note...

He mentions a glass award and I'm sure you all remember him giving his trivia award to a person in the audience. The one he mentions in the note is a different award we gave him that was supposed to be given onstage but we ran out of time for that part of the show. So, he got it after the convention.

Hope that clears it up for anyone wondering.