A Very Early Farewell

ohboy

Project QL Intern
May 27, 2008
Northern California
Sadly, I will not be able to make the convention, mainly due to financial and other reasons. However, I figured that I (and perhaps the others that aren't able to make it) would like to wish everyone a safe travel, and that everyone has lots of fun. Be sure to tell how the trip went, because I would be very interested to hear about it.

I know that it's a bit early to post this, but I think that people will be busy packing and preparing soon, and probably won't have as much time to read postings. Hence, an early farewell.

I feel really bad for those who can't make it. Particularly all those who bought tickets and can't use them.

My ticket was bought from leap4ever towards the end of last year.

IS there going to be online coverage during the actual Con?
It would be nice for those who can not make it.

I know I will be on posting all my pictures afterward.

I feel really lucky I can go. I always wanted to but waited until the end of 2008 to decide. Its was hard to tell where I would be. I changed jobs...and changed back...(Long story!)

My company is letting have the time off because I started with them (originally) 3 years ago and I am highly reliable.. Also I have to thank my parents. They lent me some of the money, which I payed back already. Plus a new credit card with a $1000 limit and with no interest for all of 2009.

Ohboy, sorry to hear you can't come to the Con....
Thanks for the wishes. I'm sure eveyone wil try & have the best time to make up for all those who can't come.
I'm sure we'll keep on talking about the Con for sometime after it & lots of pictures would be taken, so all of those who weren't able to come, would feel as though they were actuallt there.
:)

I am leaving on Saturday for my scenic tour to LA (Sydney to LA via NY and the mid-west). I haven't had time to get my head around packing as I still have so much to do before leaving including registering my car, writing exam papers for my classes and leaving lessons for the 5 weeks I'm gone from school. I also need to go shopping to buy enough dog food for my 3 dogs that are all staying with different people and I desperately need to get my hair cut.

I also haven't planned anything for the actual trip and I have decided not to. I am going for the adventure of not having anything booked in the mid-west except the car hire. I just need to make sure I am at Kansas City Airport Missouri by the 21st March.

Don't worry Kiwi Mike the only thing I have packed is your drawing!

I am struggling to work out how I will get everything done before I leave and yet I still find time to read the forum and make a lengthy post.

There should have been a university degree in procrastination - I would have gotten 100% marks for it.

PS Thanks for the early farewell ohboy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the farewell too Ohboy !

It seems a little early though.

But while ris768 may get 100% in procrastination - I am the Professor with the Master's Degree teaching the class!

Luckily I have a great, amazing, fantastic room mate who made all my arrangements with the Hotel!
( Hey there Ezilzha! ;) )

Not sure what else I need to do? Pack... Bring my credit card! LOL!

By accident I am going to be busy until I leave. Taking a Tai Chi class every Monday. Plus volunteering to read to Elementary kids on Tuesdays. Work. Volunteering at Art Museum. Work. More work....

Which is good this month will go fast!

Actually, Avilos, to respond to your comment, one of the reasons that I posted this exactly one month from the convention was in case anyone else who wasn't going wanted to send their farewells as well, and wanted a thread to do it on. However, thanks for the kind responses, everyone. :wavey

I want to send farewells too :)

A PhD, delay-us causa, with habillitation and decades of experience in procrastination (just to top you all :b )

Enjoy, everyone!!!
:hurray::wavey8)
I'll save up for the 25th Anniversary, hoping there'll be such an event :)