Prayers for Mom, please

I must say you certainly ran into a couple of odd people. :wacko

It's understandable that they want to know how your mom is doing but you're there too, I mean you are right there talking to them.
Do they really care or do they just ask about your mom because it's 'polite'?

Told to simply get over it? :disbelief Where do you live, kid? Lunatic Park? :banghead
This is one of the most stupid statements I've ever heard.

I feel for you girl, it's so hard to let your guard down when you learned the 'safe' thing to do is to keep emotions locked in.
Must be even harder if you're still around weirdos who think so.
I think all those people should really badly go see a shrink, preferably last year.

Well, you know if they don't care, or have so many problems of their own that they're emotionally burnt out, then you shouldn't waste your time with them. I can understand that sometimes people just can't handle hearing other people's troubles, happened to me too on occassion, that the help and support I was asked for was just more than I could handle.
Either way, they are in no state to or don't care to help you, so don't waste your energy on them. Really, I think you should move. But that aside there a couple of geeks here, 8o like myself, who are happy to at least lend an ear.

And I think, you should write, Ive heard from several sources that it's extremely therapeutic. Even if you never show it to anyone, it kinda flushes it out of your subconscious.

And I think, you should write, Ive heard from several sources that it's extremely therapeutic. Even if you never show it to anyone, it kinda flushes it out of your subconscious.

I have done that in the past, and I say that it will work. My suggestion is to get a notebook, and just write in it before you go bed, writing anything that you would like. Don't plan out what you want to write, like an essay. Instead, just let your thoughts flow for about a page or so, and you should feel a little better.

Oh, and I agree with Jassian's other points as well.

The greatest loss is of a person.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Believe me.

Also - the pain of losing some one is one I do not wish on anyone.

Pain is something that never goes away.

You have to find a way to deal with it that best suits you.

Even if it means doing it online in al's place.

Thanks.

Today has been most pecular as I locked myself out of the house for the first time in my life.

In theory Mom will be sent to a physical therapy hospital in the next few days for seven to ten days.

I hope your mom get a bit of a break from all the thngs going wrong at once.

Did you get back in easiliy enough?
It happened to me as a kid a few times, but my neighbors had a spare key, just for such occasions. :)

Thanks.

Today has been most pecular as I locked myself out of the house for the first time in my life.

I have a funny story that might help cheer you up a bit. It happened to a neighbor, though. One day, her children locked her out of the house when she was going to get something out of the car. I never heard a person scream so loud, and it wasn't very nice language either. She had to wait for her husband to return home before she could get in.

I've heard of things like that happening.

Dad told me when I learned how to walk he made sure he always had his keys in his pockets in case I accidently locked anyone out.

Mom's asthma is acting up again. She's afraid of having to go back in I.C.U. for fear she won't come back out.

The doctors are doing defensive medicine on this which is fine but sometimes they need to plot ahead for potential happenings. Dad was saying it felt like they were doing things late after they happened.

Mom's still cancer free but her heart has been damaged. It's running at 50% and right now it's a wait and see.

She doesn't need physical therapy. It really seems like a slap in the face though. If it weren't for that one thing she'd be home.

That must be frustrating.
Hang in there, just a few more obstacles. I believe in your mom, if she has your strength of personality she can take them all on and beat all odds on top of it and live to a ripe round 100.

I hope so.

Mom's starting to show signs of giving up. With her health the condition it's in I'm worried that if she does it'll be the end. If you haven't got the will then it's very difficult to come back.

The thing is when I'm in situations like that I get mean and stubborn. I'm like Dad that way.

Pfew. Giving up would be dangerous, I agree.
Can you get her "mean and stubborn" somehow?

Pfew. Giving up would be dangerous, I agree.
Can you get her "mean and stubborn" somehow?

I really don't know. The "mean and stubborn" part comes from Dad and I aren't afraid. We've both literally have had enough near death experiences not to be afraid. Mom's still afraid.

Ang : with "mean and stubborn" I mean firing up her will to live and fight. :)

Is being afraid maybe something that can be used? That can be turned into 'FIGHT OR FLIGHT' ? Can you find something that can make her believe in her power to defeat it? I wasn't kidding about some kind of seemingly unrelated activity which resembles fighting what is being trown at her. This way she feels like she is doing something, and she is, namely training her mind to motivate her body to heal.

Also make plans, think positive... sounds cliche I know. But the mind should not be underestimated. Your way of thinking creates measurable changes in your body chemistry which in turn increases or decreases healing.

Will it help if we send you drawings and good wishes that you can print and hang up in her room, so she knows people are thinking of her and wishing her well?

I don't know.

Mom's at the point of "Forget it all!" Dad's trying to work with her.

I don't know. I've got Mom and on another side one person I know off again/on again considering going back to her abusive fiance despite my trying to help her. Those I try to help don't listen. I don't know what to do.

Don't forget that everyone has to take responsibility for their own lives. You can only help if they let you.

I wish I had anything 'wiser' to say.

There is something you can try, but I'm not sure how it works. It's a sort of 'reverse psychology' but I 've never seen it pulled of with anything serious. Works really well with minor things:

It's to 'fake encourage' someone on a bad track until they realize themselves how stupid their action/ way of thinking is. But it's hard not to do it in a sarcastic way. You may have to start with glorifying their own reasons for why they do the 'wrong' thing, encourage them to keep going while letting it seep in more and more how foolish it is, possibly by exaggerating their course of action. "Something along hte lines of... why don't you just go back in time and prevent yourself from being born'.. maybe not quite that abstract...
i think the goal is for you to represent the part of them that is in favor of the wrong thing and to have them fight you and tell you how stupid your idea is. That would make them realize how they really feel about it.

Am I helping at all?

Jass - I just hope that no one thinks I am debating here cause I'm not. The reason I said what I did is so everybody understands why you said "mean and stubborn". I can see you meant well in what you said but maybe other people would not.

Get me?

I don't think theres a right or a wrong way here, but do you have to fire someone up by "mean and stubborn"?

Don't get me wrong here. Can't you use common sense here also? Nice maybe?Would this work as well?

Hey look what you have to live for. Family. Friends. You.

If "mean and stubborn" in a nice way, works - well, cool bananas.

:)

I see what you mean, if you got the choice positive's definitely good.
I'd also say whatever works. If one needs to get angry to get better, that's still way better than not getting better. Anyway I think we agree here. Just wasn't sure if I was understood right :)

Mom's home.

When she gets going with her walker she can go pretty fast. It's the getting up and sitting down she needs serious help with.

You can look at something called Alexander technique and Feldenkrais.
these are ways to use your body in very efficient ways, especially when it's weakened. It may help with getting up and sitting down.

Glad to hear she's home.

On November 4th she goes in for a bone biopsy and blood tests. If all goes well she will be getting her bone marrow transplant by mid November.