LOST ends Sunday!

I've been catching up over the last few months. We're halfway through Season 6 and if we put our nose to the grindstone, we'll be ready for Sunday. Although we wouldn't be able to watch it until Monday probably. I have to download the episodes here.

I think the best way to sum it up is...

wtzBE.gif

Someone edited this funny clip together and it's making the rounds. It made me laugh out loud and not take the end of Lost so seriously.

If you came away from the finale believing that "everybody died" or "none of this ever happened" or "the island was in somebody's head", then I cannot recommend strongly enough that you read the Lostpedia Season 6: The End Talk page. It sorts out what happened and explains a lot.

At the end of the episode, I will admit I was angry. Maybe not as angry as the end of Mirror Image (which was just damn unsatisfying). But after reading that Talk page, with comments from scholars and people who have been following and dissecting the show since day 1, I've made peace with the end of Lost. In context, and after a few days to decompress, the ending is fairly satisfying.

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Clearly they decided to not to give any further explanations of 6 years of hundreds of questions we have about the Island, and focus on giving Jack a proper send-off and concluding the Jacob-MiB storyline so that the Island can be at peace once more. I could fill a book just on my questions about Eloise.

Actually, the DVD is supposed to have 17 minutes of extra footage, mostly a glimpse into what happened immediately after the war between Jacob and MiB finally ended, specifically what a Hugo & Ben-run island might have looked like.

Even though Ben may have been a good custodian (fitting into Lost's recurring themes of redemption and second chances) of the island post-Jacob, there were people in the church who only knew Ben when he was a manipulative bastard, and so I think he felt it would have been disruptive for him to go inside.

Also, as for why Walt wasn't there, well, they would have probably had to recast him. The actor has grown so much he's barely recognizable. And as for Ecco, well, the actor asked for 5x his normal pay just for a guest appearance at the end and the producers said no.

I feel about the same. Millions of questions, but they have always said the show is about the people. The did a pretty good job of summing up the lives of the main characters, so I can deal with that.

Another season would have been great though - they could have done so much more. Will have to check out those extra minutes and rent the DVD!

Hilarious video BTW!