My Questions

angvee

Project QL Intern
Aug 7, 2011
Australia
www.turboimagehost.com
Just to let everybody know, I do tend to ask questions that may not make sense.

Or may make me look like I do not watch QL.

I may not even word a question the way I would like as well.

So please everyone just remember that yes I do watch the show and yes, I may not know the show inside out like others may.

And yes I will make my self look like a fool but am willing to do so if it puts up a question that make people think and may get an answer as well.

And that is where I am always coming from with my questions.

Hope I make sense.

I guess to put it in plain english - I'd call myself the resident silly billy question asker.

I think I said this a few years ago when we were both more active, Angvee, but I should say it again. Forgive me if this sounds crude or harsh, but I think it's important I say it.

You don't have to apologize for your questions. Actually, if you have a question, you should ask it. The worst that's going to happen is that nobody will answer it, but on a site that this's considerate and caring, that's not going to happen. Your questions actually can make us think about Quantum Leap in a different way than we normally would, and it keeps the site viable.

However, you should stop making threads that highlight that. If you want to improve the way you ask questions or facilitate discussions, which it sounds like from the apology, just keep contributing to the threads. Carefully read others' postings, and try to emulate what they do. It's like playing a sport, though. You can watch soccer (or football :p ) for years, and still be terrible because you've never actually played the sport. So, just keep practicing posting, be more aware of your content, and I swear to you that you'll stop being the "silly-billy" and get to the quality that you would like to. And remember this: true geniuses never have to explain themselves. Wonderful literature or arts or conversationalists will attract others like a magnet, so just post, be mindful, and don't worry. You're among friends, and I personally enjoy and will continue to enjoy your contributions to discussions. :) Highlighting the issue, in this case, is probably not going to be very productive.

Thats absolutely right :)

Honestly I do not get offended easily so anyone who wishes to say anything about my questions is fine :)

I did put up this thread, well, my post spoke for itself, but also the fact that sometimes it can be difficult to see where someone is coming from when they put up a post. Reading a post isn't particularly seeing someone saying it face to face. I do tend to over think before I post as well as try not to offend when I post. What I'm saying it that I am always willing to listen to any comment made towards me. As long as the meaning behind a comment is specified so that a comment isn't misunderstood.

Hope I make sense.

And ohboy thank you for being straight and nice in how you posted your comment. Appreciate it.

:)

Reading a post isn't particularly seeing someone saying it face to face. I do tend to over think before I post as well as try not to offend when I post. What I'm saying it that I am always willing to listen to any comment made towards me. As long as the meaning behind a comment is specified so that a comment isn't misunderstood.
I agree that this is an important quality in posting. However, do remember that at some point you won't please everybody. You should be respectful, I agree. However, your questions should also be direct. Think of it like this. If somebody truly got offended by a question, then is that your fault? If it's a thought-provoking question that is asked with a genuine desire to get an answer, then you've done the best you can. If people get mad over that, or offended, then that's not your fault.

Remember, you're among friends. But elsewhere, do stand up for yourself on forums, because you are just as entitled to your opinion as anybody else. And if they don't like that, then too bad.