Access Hollywood!

When Quantum Leap started in 1989, I remember only watching it to see Sam leap in and out. It was a cool special effect...how he would beam in and out.

My mom had a black and white television in her room and I remember flipping channels and watching THE COLOR OF TRUTH. Even in black and white, the leap effect was cool.

In those days, I was a pimply kid (like Cameron in CAMAKAZI KID I was dying of terminal acne) I played a lot of Nintendo and was infatuated with Kevin Arnold's women in THE WONDER YEARS. All though I never did like Winnie Cooper. I found her too whiny.

I do remember watching THE LEAP BACK when it aired on NBC for the first time. I believe the time slot was 7pm central. Not sure what night it was on though.

I didn't truly get into Quantum Leap until I started watching it on the USA Network in 1993. At first, I had no idea about syndicuts either (scenes taken out in syndication to allow more commercial time.)

Anyway, I wondered if Quantum Leap was still on NBC. So, I tuned over to NBC and started on the episode LIBERATION I believe.

Basically, I caught the last half of the final season. I remember watching MEMPHIS MELODY and seeing Sam leap out landing in a strange bar and seeing his reflection in the mirror.

I'm like...okay, this is interesting.

There was a two week span of time between Memphis Melody and Mirror Image airing.

Memphis Melody was the last airing on a Thursday night. Mirror Image was aired on Quantum Leap's original time slot, Wednesday night, 9pm central (for me.)

I also remember ripping out the TV Guide ad for the final episode.

NBC made me so mad too. Not only for canceling Quantum Leap, but they aired the final episode of Cheers like 10 times and even gave it a tribute show and everything.

They milked Cheers...and kind of just brushed Quantum Leap off.

NBC did air reruns of the final season into the summer. The last Quantum Leap episode NBC ever aired was a rerun of Memphis Melody.

It was aired on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the direct link, It was pretty much a rehash of the Dish of Salt clip with an added photo from the convention.

I watched the Chuck episode last night, Scott was great in it except he doesn't look old enough to be Chuck's dad.

I hope Chuck is on Aussie TV when I get home, I really enjoyed the show.