New Story - "What Doesn't Kill Us..."

JuliaM

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2004
Massachusetts
www.seshatplace.com
I've got a story I've been working on since....well, I know it was cold when I started to write it. Anyway, it's pretty long and has stalled just a bit. In an effort to jump start myself with it, I've started to post it in parts on fanfic.net. It's at www.fanfiction.net/s/2945598/1/. Once it's complete, I'll post it in full (and I'm sure some sections will be rewritten from what I have now) on my website. It's called "What Doesn't Kill Us..." and the short description of it is: A series of unfortunate events while in Washington, DC to obtain funding for the Project strengthens the ties of friendship between Sam and Al.

Story is Great...can't wait til next chapter

Julia:

I'm REALLY enjoying this fanfict. Looking forward to next installment!

I finally finished and uploaded Chapter 30 of this. First I had another story that demanded attention and then when I went back to writing this I couldn't seem to get anything to work. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to tell the story what I wanted it to be instead of listening to what it was telling me it wanted to be. Once I finally started to listen to it, it all started flowing again.
The link to chapter 30 is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2945598/30/

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, Tess. I've got the next chapter started but had to take some time off from writing the past several days. I had my two nephews all weekend and we spent the time touring historic sites in Boston and whale watching. I think I may have inspiration for a new story - Sam leaps into a slightly crazy Aunt and the wrong he has to right is agreeing to take two children for 4 days. As much fun as it was - I'm wiped out.

TessCrazy said:
yeah nice one this is really cool - you must've had to do loads of research ... or are you a doctor or something?

i liked the bit about "floating away" that made me chuckle lol

very good Julia

Tess, I'm glad to hear your enjoying it. You're right about doing research - I've had to look up some things I never thought I would. Some things have also been inspired by what I experienced and observed when my mother was in the hospital and one character is even based on someone I knew at that time.

Chap 40-42

Great as always Julia!

Poor Sam...glad he got to talk to Mom. Nice for Al too talking to Tina and Gooshie.

Thanks. I feel like I may actually be shooting towards completion on it.

Nice for Al too talking to Tina and Gooshie.
I realized that I had sort of forgotten that along the way so I figured I'd share my temporary amnesia with Al. He's been pretty busy so simple things like oh...calling your friends and co-workers and letting them know what's goin' on, if the boss is going to survive could sort of slip his mind. :)