New pic of Dean in TV Guide

CarolD

Jul 15, 2006
New York
The new issue of TV Guide (which covers the week beginning October 2 -- I just got it in the mail yesterday) has a 2-page feature on the new season of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. There's a cast photo covering the 2 pages which includes Dean, with some spoilers about what's coming up for his character.

I'm glad to see he's coming back! The spoilers make it sound like he'll be in several episodes. For those of you who haven't seen it, he plays a preacher...and he's also a Cylon. It's a great role for him.

The new season premieres a week from Friday at 9:00 p.m. on SciFi.

I don't care all that much for BSG but I do like Dean's character and performance....watched his two-parter as my first intro to BSG....and yes, I'll endure it as long as his character's on there. I've endured worse for Dean. (Werewolf of Washington anyone?) <g>

Jennie... I'm the same way. I'll watch it if it has Dean or Scott in it. I mean, I just saw The New Adventures of Old Christine last night and (I wouldn't have been able to see it ... if it weren't for my... cough... cough... husband) even though I don't like Julia Louis Dreyfuss, I did watch it.

MJ

Edit: Even though he is still sexy... Scott needs a hair cut.

McDuck said:
I don't care all that much for BSG but I do like Dean's character and performance....watched his two-parter as my first intro to BSG....and yes, I'll endure it as long as his character's on there. I've endured worse for Dean. (Werewolf of Washington anyone?) <g>

"Endure" it? Sigh... BSG is one of the best shows on TV, IMO. I've been glued to it since the miniseries. Keeps me on the edge of my seat every episode, and it's had a couple of those powerhouse moments that take my breath away. I'm glad Dean's become a part of it, even just as a supporting player.

McDuck said:

:D I actually kinda want to see Werewolf of Washington; I know it's going to be utterly cheesy and totally awful, but I think it would be good for a laugh.

QL Damsel said:
Edit: Even though he is still sexy... Scott needs a hair cut.

I kinda like Scott's hair that long. Then again, maybe I'm just used to it. It was the lighter coloring of his hair in New Adventures that bugged me.

CarolD said:
"Endure" it? Sigh... BSG is one of the best shows on TV, IMO. I've been glued to it since the miniseries. Keeps me on the edge of my seat every episode, and it's had a couple of those powerhouse moments that take my breath away. I'm glad Dean's become a part of it, even just as a supporting player.

Sorry, Carol, but the BEST show on TV was taken off because someone didn't think that it was getting enough ratings and ended badly going to a black screen.

I liked BSG when it was first on... but... I don't know what they did to it... or why they did it... but it's just not there for me.

*shrugs* I guess I'll "endure" it if I "have to" to see Dean.

MJ

alsplacebartender said:
He definately needs a haircut lol.

Guess I just have strange taste! :D

QL Damsel said:
Sorry, Carol, but the BEST show on TV was taken off because someone didn't think that it was getting enough ratings and ended badly going to a black screen.

You'll get no argument here!

But at least we still get to see Scott and Dean somewhere on television.

Just what the good Doctor needs ;)

173830.jpg

LadyKayoss said:
:D I actually kinda want to see Werewolf of Washington; I know it's going to be utterly cheesy and totally awful, but I think it would be good for a laugh.

I own it on DVD. I actually like it. It's cheesy as all get out and unintentionally funny in spots, and it's obvious Dean just needed a paycheck. It cries out to be on MST3K.

Really, it's so bad it's good! :lol:

McDuck said:
I own it on DVD. I actually like it. It's cheesy as all get out and unintentionally funny in spots, and it's obvious Dean just needed a paycheck. It cries out to be on MST3K.

Really, it's so bad it's good! :lol:

I'll definately have to check it out, then. Movies like that are fun to watch late at night. And I'm sure that Dean makes it watchable!

Tease us with a new pic and now no one has a link to the photo or a scanner or something?? I'm being kept in suspense!

QL Damsel said:

I liked BSG when it was first on... but... I don't know what they did to it... or why they did it... but it's just not there for me.

*shrugs* I guess I'll "endure" it if I "have to" to see Dean.

MJ

I meant the best show currently on the air, if that helps my case at all! And...maybe you folks who are set on "enduring" it will grow to like it after a while. :) It's not a cheesefest like the original -- it's a very dramatic look at the human condition, done in a way that the "heroes" aren't 100% good or the "villians" 100% bad. Just as we should do in real life, the characters are looked at from all perspectives, not just an inflexible black and white. The "good guys" make bad choices; the "bad guys" step up to the plate for what they believe in. To a large degree, that's what I like about it. Plus the quality of the acting. There aren't a lot of people on TV right now who can go toe-to-toe with Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell or James Callis. Even Tricia Helfer, who used to be a model, has proven to be amazingly good (though I think she could stand to gain 20 pounds, because all her bones stick out).

By and large, Dean has seemed to always choose good projects (aside from the few he obviously did because he needed to eat), and I imagine he's having a GREAT time working with the BSG folks.

CarolD said:
I meant the best show currently on the air, if that helps my case at all!

Only if you're not watching LOST. ;) In my book that one's the best show currently on the air. :lol:

Thanks for the link to the pic! Hmm... it makes me wish I had a channel that actually aired BSG so I could see what all the fuss is.

OK, if the Bartender is veering off topic, we're safe. :)

Battlestar Galactica. Veronica Mars. Supernatural. 24. Lost. And I'm waiting to see whether Heroes and Runaway keep pulling me in (but Runaway's ratings stink beyond imagining, so it probably won't survive long).

I also watch Ghost Whisperer and Smallville, although I wish the first hadn't killed off Aisha Tyler, and I wish the producers of the second would GET OVER their Lana fetish!!

And I am still in mourning for the late, lamented Everwood.

Besides House, both Stargates, Numb3rs, and now Jericho. That's about it for me for must-see-each-week TV.

I don't think I'll stick with nuBSG once Dean's completely done with his role. I'm just not interested enough to catch up with it and continue watching.

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

I don't think I'll stick with nuBSG once Dean's completely done with his role.

I'm hoping that takes a long time! Even though he's playing a bad guy, this is an interesting role that looks like it could develop a lot of depth.

As far as other shows--I don't watch much TV. I haven't even watched any current shows since Frasier went off the air. So I'm hoping BSG will be something that I want to continue watching.