QuantumLeaper09

Project QL Intern
Jan 6, 2009
North Carolina
Quantum Leap: "Project: Quantum Recovery"

Writen By:
QuantumLeaper09​

Prologue
Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Dr. Beckett prematurely stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelerator...And Vanished.​

Dr. Beckett strives to put things right that once went wrong in peoples lives, up until the point where Project Quantum Leap lost contact with him and for the next few years frantically scrambled to reacquire Dr. Beckett's Neural Signal...The Projects Observer Al Calavicci, now the top Adviser for The Quantum Recovery Project has new information as to what Time and Place Sam's next Leap might take him.​

Having trained nearly 3 years for this moment, 2 new Quantum Leapers are about to embark on a journey that hasn't been seen since 1995...Project Quantum Leap now able to better control a Leapers Experience, sends them through time in order to recover the man whom has been lost in time for going on 6 years.​

Al like he once did for Dr. Beckett serves as the new Projects Observer, this being codenamed Project: Quantum Recovery...Only the Quantum Leapers can see and hear Al, much like Dr. Beckett. Al serves as their eyes and ears telling them about the various Time lines they arrive in, and keeping them informed on how close they are to finding Dr. Beckett as only Al is able to trace Sam's Neural Link.​

The Leapers are also Tracked by a newly built Computer A.I known as S.A.M (Super Artificial Master Intelligence), developed in late 1999 especially for the PQL Staff to use; it has access to every United States Foreign/Domestic Database known to man...S.A.M of course being a top secret piece of technology, as only Project Quantum Leap are able to use it in their endeavours.​

Project: Quantum Recovery is well underway and it might be only a matter of time before Dr. Beckett is located, then again it could still be years untill the Leapers catch upto the man that started it all back in 1995. Alot can happen from now till that day comes, and only time will tell how Al's efforts to find his friend lost in time will turn out.​

Quantum Leap Year: 2001 (Exactly 6 years after the initial Quantum Leap Experiment, which saw Dr. Beckett windup leaping from life to life)​

Note: Keep in mind this is set in a somewhat Alternate Universe. So, things will be changed around to fit story lines I have in mind. Please consider too when commenting that this is my first Quantum Leap Fan Fict, I have been a fan of the series for a while now but this is the first story I have ever writen about it.​

Real Life Year: 2009​

Season: Quantum Leap Season 6 (This is my version of what a Modern Day Quantum Leap Season 6 might be like.)​

Storyline Notes/Things That Have Changed: I made Sammy Jo be a bit younger; 26 years old as opposed to the 35 she would be on Quantum Leap...I did this in order to make her be closer to the age of James Tyler Calavicci, whom is being played by Christopher Demetral. J.T is Al's nephew via a long lost brother he didn't know much about, the story being that Al takes James in when his father dies of cancer a few years before Quantum Recovery begins.​

Keep in mind aswell, in this Timeline Sammy Jo does not become apart of the Quantum Leap Project until about 3 years before Quantum Recovery begins. This decision being made to augment her younger age, and to again setup future story lines within the story. The story is that once Al told her about Sam, she vowed to make sure he gets home at all costs...Therefor she joins Project: Quantum Recovery becoming a leaper herself following in her fathers footsteps.​

And now let's explain how Sam and Al became best friends; even with the events of Mirror Image being what they were. In this Reality Al does stay married to Beth, but only has 2 daughters with her, a tragic fire costs each of them their lives and sends Al spiraling down into a bad spot of drinking and drug abuse...Thus he still meets Sam whom he becomes close friends with, after Sam stops him from beating up a vending machine and possibly getting in some kind of trouble. This being why Al becomes so close to not only Sammy Jo but his Nephew James aswell, having lost his wife and family he holds dear the friends and family he still has left.​

Quantum Leap - Season 6 (Saga Sell)
Theorizing that one could time travel within their own lifetime; Dr. Sam Beckett led an elite group of scientist into the desert...To develop a top secret project, known as Quantum Leap.​

Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding; Dr. Beckett prematurely stepped onto the project accelerator...And vanished!​

The next few years saw Dr. Beckett leaping from life to life, hoping against all hope that his next leap would be the leap home.​

Unfortunately that never happened; upon putting a wrong right for his best friend, the PQL Staff lost Sam's Neural Signal after he leaped out thus losing all hope of bringing him home.​

So searching through time, Lieutenant Sammy Jo Fuller Follows in her fathers footsteps; leaping from time to time, trying to find clues as to her fathers whereabouts, hoping each time that her next leap...Will be the leap that brings her dad home!​

Starring (Main Cast)
Dr. Samuel 'Sam' Beckett (Played By- Scott Bakula)
Admiral Albert 'Al' Calavicci (Played By- Dean Stockwell)
Commander James Tyler 'J.T' Calavicci (Played By- Christopher Demetral)
Lieutenant Samantha Josephine 'Sammy Jo' Fuller (Played By- Kimberly Cullum)​

Also Starring (Recurring)
Gooshie (Played By- In Tribute To Dennis Wolfberg) (Gooshie's involvement in Quantum Recovery is to tribute the late Dennis Wolfberg, may he R.I.P)
Donna Eleese (Played By- Mimi Kuzyk)
S.A.M (Voiced By- Unknown At The Moment)​

Chapter/Episode 1: "Eye Of The Beholder (Part 1) - Season 6 Premier"
Al Calavicci sat in his new office that overlooked the newly built PQL Command Center in the heart of the Quantum Leap Complex; almost 6 years ago to this day was when he and Sam had begun that first Experiment...The one that forced a life of leaping from person to person upon Sam, he had vowed he would find Sam no way could he leave him out there in no telling what kind-of Situation.​

"Admiral." The Beautiful Sammy Jo walks into the Office, clad in a United States Army Uniform. "James told me to ask you to swing by the Accelerator Complex, when your not busy. He said it was important."​

Al smiled a little at the 26 year old woman that stood in the doorway to his office, her having been added to the PQL Staff by order of the United States Armed Forces. "I told you to just call me Uncle Al, I have a feeling that's what your dad would say."​

Sammy Jo smirks then points toward the papers on Admiral Calavicci' desk. "I heard Project: Quantum Recovery recived its funding...When will it be time for me and james to step into the
Accelerator?"​

"I know you're anxious Sammy Jo, but I have to make sure this is all safe for both you and James." Al stood up, turning around to look through the glass window that allowed him to see the PQL Complexes Command Center. "The Accelerator hasn't been used in nearly years, don't worry I'm sure it won't be to much longer."​

Sammy Jo nods and walks out of the office; her being the Lieutenant in charge of monitoring the Accelerators progress. Al had made it a point to explain everything to Sammy Jo after PQL could not Retrieve Sam, how Sam was her father and the predicament he was faced with...That was the day Sammy Jo vowed to help get Dr. Beckett back, no matter what.​

"You would be very proud of Samantha Sam, she is every bit a scientist as you and cares deeply for Project Quantum Leap..." Al sighed a bit, he reached into his coat pocket producing a picture of he and Sam outside of the bar where they first met. "Do you know how long it took me to get Quantum Recovery underway? If you weren't so damn headstrong you wouldn't be in this predicament, but who am I to judge? just hangon kiddo, If I have my way you will be home before anyone can even say 'Welcome Back'"​

That familiar blue glow filled the air as a Quantum Displacement occurred, a lone man appears in what appears to be a restaurant full of people...He sighs a bit and walks over to an empty table taking a seat.​

"Can I get you anything sir?" The Waitress asked, handing him a menu.​

"No, thanks anyway." The man smirked a little. "Do me a favor though, can you tell me what year it is?"​

"2001." The Waitress looked a little taken aback by that question. "How come you don't know the year?"​

"A whirlwind of reasons, it's a very long story." The man looks at the Menu. "I think I will have something, can I get a slice of Cheese Pizza with a side order of Salad?"​

"Comin' right up!" The Waitress spins around and walks toward the kitchen, something struck her as being odd about this customer. She couldn't put her finger on exactly why; but it was starting to make her wonder.​

The man setting at this table was none other than Dr. Sam Beckett, the man that spearheaded the principal idea behind Project Quantum Leap. He was forced into a life of leaping from life to life; staying within the time line of his birth and death.​

He had to admit though, if there was anything good about this whole ordeal it would be that one tagline. 'Strive to put right what once went wrong'

Sam takes a deep breath looking down at the menu in his hands, it had been a little over a year since he had last seen Al or heard anyone even mention Project Quantum Leap...He lost contact with Al right after he leaped out of Beth's Apartment that night, now for some reason he had kept leaping but not from life to life he was himself. How or why though was not known to him.​

Al walks into the Accelerator Room and takes a long look around, he had not been in here for a long time yet he still felt the presence of power in this room. He had watched his friend leave from here 6 years ago; now he was about to watch as his best friends daughter and his own nephew made that same journey.​

"Everything we see here today was made possible by Dr. Beckett." James Calavicci walked into the Accelerator Chamber. "And now I'm about to travel down that same road, about to live the life that only top PQL Brass know about..."​

"Do me a favor." Al turned to look at his eldest nephew. "Watch out for Sammy Jo, she is new to all of this and she might get in over her head a few times...I know I will be observing your progress from here; but as a Hologram their isn't much I can do in the way of prevention."​

"You can count on me." James nodded to his uncle then looked at the Accelerator. "Well, I guess it's time huh?"​

Al nods a little and turns around; his better judgement telling him to go along with James and Sammy Jo, but if he did that no one would be at PQL to aid them in their journey. "Stand directly over the Acceleration Chamber, once the Leap begins it should take only a few moments for you to leap to another time frame. If all goes according to plan, we should receive a burst from Sam's Neural Signal."​

"Hopefully allowing us to locate dad, right?" Sammy Jo asked as she walked upto the two. "What are the chances we will find him on the first leap?"​

"1 In a Million." James sighed a bit. "It is up to us to retrieve one of the greatest Scientists of all time, we can't over do it the first time we Leap."​

"James is right, though I wish it were that easy it isn't." Al pointed toward the Accelerator. "Good luck, may god bless the both of you."​

James walks over to the Accelerator and turns around seeing the semi-fear in Sammy's eyes, he sighs a bit and offers her his hand for moral support. "Don't worry, everything will be fine."​

Sammy nods taking James' hand then turning to look at Al. "Thank you, for everything..."​

"Don't mention it, kid." Al smiled and turned leaving the Accelerator
Chamber, the door then slides shut as James and Sammy Jo get ready to Leap.​

"Is the syncrotron online, and at 100%?" Gooshie asked looking over at Donna.​

"Confirmed, the Accelerator is working at 100% within optimal synchronization, target time frame has begun to move within alignment." Donna nodded, slowly. "Standing by to fire the accelerator."​

She looked down at the ground, over the years she had come to regard Sammy Jo as something of an almost step daughter...Having been there for her when her mother, Abigail Fuller passed away.​

Gooshie begins to input the target time frame information into the Quantum Leap Computer, upon finishing the computations he turns a dial on the control board...He then looks at Donna. "Don't worry, she has the Admiral's nephew with her...He will keep her safe."​

"I know that, but look at what happened to Sam when he lept into the past he couldn't come home, I don't want to lose Sammy Jo aswell. Am I doomed to lose everyone I care about? Is that really my destiny, or is it just some big mistake?" Donna shook her head.​

"Look at it this way." Gooshie began. "Sammy Jo could leap, find Dr. Beckett...And bring him home, where he belongs. Have some faith in Sammy Jo, she might be stronger than your giving her credit for."​

Donna smiles a little and presses a few of the buttons on the control board, before looking toward S.A.M. "S.A.M, give me a 10 second countdown to optimal alignment."​

"10..........9.........8........7.......6......5....." S.A.M began the countdown.​

"Stand by to fire!" Gooshie looks at Donna.​

"4....3...2..1.0" S.A.M got to the end of the countdown.​

"FIRE!!! FIRE!!!" Gooshie nodded toward Donna.​

Donna puts her hand on a raised part of the control panel as a beam of light is activated upon her touch, beams of light then fire out of each side of S.A.M hitting two seperate boards held by seprate members of the PQL Staff.​

Location: (The Quantum Leap Complex - The Accelerator Chamber)
James watches as both he and Sammy Jo start to turn blue and a streak of Quantum Energy runs across their bodys, the Leap Effect then overtakes them as they leap out of this time frame and into another...The Accelerator seemingly working just the same as it did 6 years ago!​

Al watches as the doors to the Imaging Chamber slides open; he had not been in this room for awhile now not since he had been informed that PQL had lost Sam's Neural Signal. Memories began to flood the Admirals mind as he entered the large room, his mission now to advise James and Sammy Jo on their new mission for Quantum Recovery.​

"S.A.M." Admiral Calavicci looked at the hand-link. "Begin Neural Uplink..."​

"One moment...Loading, 10% Done." The computer S.A.M began to access the Neural Signals of both James and Sammy. "Neural Intermix sequence initiated, Hologram mode active."​

"Let's hope all went well." Al looked around the room, waiting for it to enter Holographic Projection Mode.​

The blue glow of two figures begins as James and Sammy Jo Leap into this Time Frame; after the Leap is complete James looks at Sammy Jo. "See, that wasn't so hard...Was it?"​

"No, but it didn't work exactly right either." Sammy sighed, looking in a mirror and seeing herself. "Aren't we suppose to Leap into someone else? Why are we still us?"​

"I don't know." James shrugged. "Maybe that was only Dr. Beckett's mission, remember our job is to locate Dr. Beckett...Not to change lives."​

Sammy nods slowly then looks around. "This setting looks familiar, for some reason." She walks around a little. "I think we are somewhere in the 1980's, this looks alot like my house for some odd rea..."​

As Sammy turned the corner she saw him standing there; Dr. Sam Beckett her father, the man that she vowed to save from a life of leaping.​

"Dad?" She asked slowly.​

James came around the corner aswell astounded by what he saw, he walks up beside Sammy Jo just standing there in awe.​

Dr. Beckett turns around looking at the two before the blue glow surrounded him and he leaped out; before having even the time to say a word.​

"That was him...James, that was him!" Sammy Jo looked at her fellow leaper. "If we came that close...Will it be possible for PQL to recover the link? Can they track him again?"​

"My uncle will have to tell us that, as I honestly have no clue." James looked around. "He should already have appeared...Maybe something is wrong with the Imager."​

"Or maybe they are working to recover my dad, maybe they were able to get a lock on his Neural Signal?" Sammy Jo smiled with pure happiness, not feeling like this in a long time.​

"Don't jump to conclusions..." James sighed a bit. "We should get out of this house, if someone sees us we are liable to get in trouble for trespassing. We don't have the luxury of taking over a persons Aura like Dr. Beckett, we leap from time to time and stay ourselves which means we have to be more careful."​

Sammy Jo nods and walks with James outside the house and down a small dirt road; which seemed to lead to a small town.​

Al appears infront of the two holding a newer more modern looking hand-link; which kept him connected to S.A.M even when he was in the Imaging Chamber. "Sorry im late..."​

"Did you pick up Dr. Beckett's signal?" James asked. "We saw him."​

"S.A.M did pick up a strange flux of Quantum energy, however was not able to identify it clearly. So, it was from Sam huh?" Al smiled a little, in a sense relieved that his friend was safe. "We can possibly track his signal, but it will still be awhile before we can catch upto him."​

"Why?" Sammy Jo Asked. "If we have seen him, and can figure out where he is going...Why can't we just leap to a time where he is at?"​

"Because it takes about a month or two for the new software at PQL to lock onto a signal, and then send you two there. Until the lock on occurs you leap randomly, which is out of the hands of either Me, S.A.M, or the staff here at PQL. The only thing we have control over is the Lockon and your retrieval."​

"Well then, what are we supposed to do with the time we are in a timeline?" James asked.​

"Anything you want, as long as you try to stay out of trouble and avoid changing the time line." Admiral Calavicci sighed. "I have to warn you aswell, S.A.M picked up the signal of an extra Quantum Leap Signal...It wasn't coming from either of you nor was it Sam either, we don't know who it is. So, be cautious as Dr. Beckett ran into a few Evil Leapers while I was observing his leaps."​

"Ya, we will make sure to be on the look out...Thanks for the heads up." James nodded before looking at Sammy Jo.​

"I have to go im trying to pinpoint exactly where Sam lept to when you two saw him; remember...Try to stay out of trouble, OK?" Al asked before vanishing, his Holographic Image breaking up.​

"Well, wanna go explore for awhile? It isn't everyday you get to walk around in a different time." James offered, in his usual friendly tone of voice.​

Sammy Jo just nodded still thinking about the fact she had just saw her father; she remembered the look in his eyes before he vanished. He looked so happy to see her like he wanted so much to come home, that is what was driving her to locate him.​

(To Be Continued) Chapter/Episode 2: "Eye Of The Beholder - Part 2"