Ok... help... please... writers...

Re: Things are going to get VERY interesting...

After DZL mentioned the Quantum Leap Book thing, I had a thought... in terms of reference, I believe that most of us use the Quantum Leap: A to Z book by Julie Barrett (for anyone who doesn't have it, it has information on almost all the characters from each episode).

So, here's what I proposed to MJ, and she loved the idea... a new A to Z section on the TVS site (she has one for Quantum Retribution, after all) that would have characters, nicknames, etc. for all the characters starting from Season 6. I've already started making up a list, and just like in the book, I've put each of Sam's "leapees" in CAPS, with the last names arranged alphabetically for quick reference.

So, for example: anyone who wants to look up information on Julianna Calavicci, for instance, would just click on C and scroll down to "Calavicci, Julianna Sherman." Within the descriptions, I would place the episode number in parantheses (with a link to go to the actual episode) so that people could know which episode introduced key developments.

Now, granted, this is going to be a huge undertaking... I'm offering to put this together for MJ, but even I can't do this by myself. So, this is what I'm throwing out there for everyone... if you've read some episodes and know them pretty well (and especially if you wrote them yourself), perhaps we could all try to submit some A to Z descriptions for characters from our stories.

For example, I would make up "Second Genesis" entries for:

Connors, Dr. Maxwell
Genesis Experiment
Lewis, Kate
Marcus, Dr. William
Second Genesis Project
Star Bright Project (updated information)
String Theory (updated information)
VR Quantum Accelerator
WELLER, DR. DAVID

And Sue could make up entries for:

Epochtonusalgraphic Probe
Goniospectrometer (I think that was the name of it...)

And so forth, and so on. I'll do as much as I can, but I need to re-read everything, so it could take quite a while to finish it (this is practically another book, in and of itself). So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I mean... I DO have other VS stories I'd like to write soon too, you know... ;)

Well, anyway... how does this sound to everyone? If you have questions about this, just let me know. I tried explaining this the best I could.

Yeah, I'll try to do it for my stories, too... maybe we should get some kind of HTML template set up so that we can all just paste in our information and send the HTML file to MJ and AJ...

Had I not had a horrible headache last night, I would have worked on my VS stories... so far today, I'm feeling good, so maybe I'll write and write tonight! :b

... Mike. ^_^

im going thru all the stories and trying to come up with Leap Trivia on the characters...
For example so far I have under Sammy Jo Fuller - Used as a Leaper (Eps. 601) and as an Observer (Eps. 608 , 618)
and for HANDLINK , I have Modified as a scanner for fingerprint and face identification (Eps. 618)

I am on Season 7 now and am just gonna keep flying thru

MJ, Damon

Have you had chance to look at the "database" I sent to both of you? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

OK, I am 5 episodes in to Season 8 now and I have been sending MJ a list of all the Leap Trivia I can find to help writers get just the facts (ma'am)...After Season 10 is complete, we can publish a sequel Quantum Leap Book (kinda like how the SImpsons have been cranking out episode guides...lol)

On side-note...can't wait for Thursday to hit...Brought a smile to my face to see people talking about the teaser for my story in the reviews for the Picnic episode...Hope it goes over well...:)

Sheesh... and I thought I read through them fast. It took me a couple of months to catch up... and that was when I wasn't working on a regular basis... :b

season 10

All the QL:TVS trivia and bio update infor for Season 10 (up to this week's episode is done)...whew....With all 10 Seasons, someone should make a "Trivial Pursuit - Quantum Leap Edition" outta this...Weird Ernie is excluded...lol...:nut

Re: season 10

It's amazing that you've been able to read every single TVS story in such a short amount of time, Greg!

Remind me again exactly what you've been compiling... was it just brief trivia facts or was it detailed information on all of the major characters featured in each story? If you have a good amount of detailed information, could you send some of that to me for the A to Z section? Between working non-stop for the past 2 weeks, and trying to write my own stories, I have had no time to really get the A to Z section started.

By the way, just a word of warning... you might want to keep some of those notes on hand for updating when the next few stories hit...

The times they are a-changin'... ;)

atoz

Dman, I'll send you what I have compiled (and sent to MJ)...It's possible I may have missed a few things, so I leave it up to people to contribute the holes in the swiss-cheese as it were...I think i got quite a lot of the stuff listed (and found some continuity anomolies)...

PS... I have had a decent amount of time off lately so I was able to put some time aside for this project...let me know if you think its comprehensive enough or if you have any questions...

DZL

Re: atoz

Explicative removed...

He is a fast reader.

Tell me, Greg, how do you feel now about the Virtual Seasons... I mean, other than being blinded by the light of your computer screen to read such a thing???

MJ

Great, now I have "Blinded by the Light" in my head...

Yeah, there were a few nights that I got a bit fried trying to read..and read..and read...and read

I found that by copy and paste on to Word Perfect and blowing the font size up to around 26, it helped a lot compared to when I was reading the printer friendly version in smaller size....

Now that I have read thru them, I have a better understanding of what is going on especially with those big technical gizmos in Season 10...;-)

Actually, I would have made a few minor changes on my first story outing just to be a little bit neater with continuity of the whole series...I have that George Lucas want to go back and re-do compulsive disorder...(I am a continuity freak...yes, I look for bad edits, etc. when I watch tv and movies...For example watch Han Solo's disappearing/reappearing vest jacket in the carbonite scene in Empire...Also in BTTF I look for Marty's hair dryer to disappear when he is Darth Vader and in BTTF II look for Marty's hoverboard to disappear off his feet when he is hanging on the back of Biff's car..hehehe)

Now that I have a lot of trivial stuff in my head, I am ready to start writing..I didn't want to write again until I got caught up on the seasons...My next day off Im gonna start mapping out 2 episodes that are floating around my brain...As I said before, I think I'll do a light-hearted one first...(I'll be nice to Sam this time...;-) )

Good Golly Molly!

He started writing on this one 3 days ago and I already have it in hand.

And with something that just came up, I think that THAT... uhm... finishes off the season....

I think.

But in my state of illness (tossing cookies to be exact), don't quote me on anything.

Thanks Greg!

MJ

Your welcome MJ...

I hope it's worthy...I wanted to write something a lot simpler this time out compared to all the hell anc chaos I put Sam and Al threw in my last outing. As I told MJ earlier, I hope there are some sports fans out there to appreciate the story I just submitted.:b

The last few days I just got into a zone (which is how I write) and just typed in mega-large bursts. I was miserable at work the last few days because all I wanted to do was get home and type out more ideas that were on the brain. Once I start typing I usually put in almost an 8 hour shift on it. Everything off except my puter and the QL soundtrack on full blast.

BTW, Hope you are feeling better, MJ...Seems like you are coming down with something every other week...

I'm jealous!

Geez, Greg, maybe I should ask you to help me write the story I'm working on now... :p

It took me about 3 months on-and-off to finish writing "Second Genesis"... of course, back then, I was a bit... um... distracted. (Pre-New Year's Eve, um, most everyone knows what I'm talking about by now, I think...)

I WISH I could write that damn fast! Maybe if my ADD brain would let me focus for more than an hour at a time and the smallest noises wouldn't distract me, I could get stuff done... :rolleyes

Ah, the joy and curse of being a writer!

Then you be the teacher....

You know if you were a teacher and you have a lot of students breathing on you then come home to 3 kids who do the same and then the 2 dogs and 1 cat who all want lovings... and see if you don't get sick.

This weekend though, I've probably lost some weight. Unfortunately not the right way that I wanted to do that, but oh well.

I'm about to go to bed anyway.

The bed is calling my name... and insterestingly enough, the couch did so this evening and I fell asleep on it too.

Talk later guys...
MJ

Re: Then you be the teacher....

My brother is a teacher with kids and dogs, seems like he is always fighting something too. Teachers need raises just to afford innoculations...

Re: Then you be the teacher....

Amen! :)

And tonight, I got an email from Felicity709 with his new story...

Unfortunately, Felicity, everything is booked, I believe. No worries though!

Just want to let you gals and guys know that I believe that now that season 10 is fini.

You guys now get to work hard for season 11! BWAHAHAHA!
Again, I'm hoping for another 32 episodes this next season. So, with the few that are overflow already that means that there are probably around 30 or 29 left to go! Keep it up! I can't wait to see where you guys put him next. And with a few things that I've got planned... hehehe.. just you wait and see.

Talk to you later!
MJ