Question on Pilot of QL

EmmaCMF said:
According to an article by Karen Funk Blocher, (who did a lot of research for the fanzine The Observer and is VERY thorough), Ziggy wasn't refered to as a She until A Leap for Lisa. Even in The Leap Back, with Deborah voicing Ziggy, Sam said "Why did I have to give him Barbra Streisand's ego?". You can find Karen's QL FAQ here: http://hometown.aol.com/kfbofpql/cqs4.html

One of the things that I noticed while watching "A Leap for Lisa" was how Edward St. John V reacted to Sam talking about Ziggy.

Quote:

St. John: "You don't remember Alpha?"
Sam: "Parallel-hybrid computer..."
St. John: "That you created to run Project Quantum Leap!"
Sam: "Al called her Ziggy."
St. John: "Her?"

And all through it, St. John always refers to Alpha as "he". Obviously, Al had something to do with Ziggy's transformation from a "he" to a "she", since his pre-mature death caused such a change in the timeline. :lol I've always thought that Al had changed Ziggy's gender on purpose. It would be just like him to do so.

Kat

Cpt Jules said:
One of the things that I noticed while watching "A Leap for Lisa" was how Edward St. John V reacted to Sam talking about Ziggy.

Quote:

St. John: "You don't remember Alpha?"
Sam: "Parallel-hybrid computer..."
St. John: "That you created to run Project Quantum Leap!"
Sam: "Al called her Ziggy."
St. John: "Her?"

And all through it, St. John always refers to Alpha as "he". Obviously, Al had something to do with Ziggy's transformation from a "he" to a "she", since his pre-mature death caused such a change in the timeline. :lol I've always thought that Al had changed Ziggy's gender on purpose. It would be just like him to do so.

Kat
Hi well I can't say that I ever see it that way before. Why I don't know... or maybe it was that I just didn't put it together. I can totaly see Al changing Ziggy.

jmellissa said:
I seen the first show of QL last night and found somthing that I had not see or heard before.

When Al talked about the computer that called Ziggy. But the things is that he once or twice called Ziggy a "he" I thoguth Ziggy was a "she". I did miss somthing.

And then the ball game that Al said that he went to, he said that it was the play-off's game. But What year is it for AL? I can't find where it says it.

Thanks for any help, Julie
The reason for Ziggy being referred to as a he is simple if you read a lot of Quantum Leap faq pages on other websites as well as this one (though this is the only site where I feel properly at home). 'He' is a 'She'. I read on an faq once that Al was 'playing along' with Sam. Sam didn't know Ziggy was a female until 'THe Leap Back' in season four. I think the reason that Al didn't reveal to Sam that Ziggy was a she, because he wasn't allowed to give personal information away. This information may not be personal to Sam, but in 'Star Crossed', Al was fired for giving Sam information on Donna Alisee/Elisee, so I don't think Al was allowed to give too much away about the project or things that happened in Sam's personal life. (This is how I think it is, anyway.)

EmmaCMF said:
I always figured that Al's Place was more a state of mind than an actual place, removed from time, and that 'Al' was able to control the way things appeared. That's how I PCR'd the driving license and clothes. Cos, really, if you think about it, if Sam Leaped as himself, then he should have been nekkid ... darnit it. WHY didn't they go that route??
I think that because he leaped into himself, that he should have been in the white suit that he was wearing when he first leaped, as think about it. The leapee is always in the white project suit, so if his body's dissappeared from the waiting room, he should have been in the project suit (that's my opinion, anyway).

SamBeckett94 said:
The reason for Ziggy being referred to as a he is simple if you read a lot of Quantum Leap faq pages on other websites as well as this one (though this is the only site where I feel properly at home). 'He' is a 'She'. I read on an faq once that Al was 'playing along' with Sam. Sam didn't know Ziggy was a female until 'THe Leap Back' in season four. I think the reason that Al didn't reveal to Sam that Ziggy was a she, because he wasn't allowed to give personal information away. This information may not be personal to Sam, but in 'Star Crossed', Al was fired for giving Sam information on Donna Alisee/Elisee, so I don't think Al was allowed to give too much away about the project or things that happened in Sam's personal life. (This is how I think it is, anyway.)

I know that Al was told that he could tell Sam anything. But what would have it done if Al told Sam? or corrected Sam when he call Ziggy a him. I have to wonder what else Al didn't tell him?