Where's Donna in "Mirror Image"?

ChickenStu

Project QL Intern
Nov 8, 2005
and Tina and Beeks for that matter. It's like Sam's wife is just forgotten about after "The Leap Back".

Have a look at a topic called 'What happened to his wife'. That's got some good theories about why she wasn't in Mirror Image. I wish there was some mention at the end of the show about what happened to those characters in the future, such as who did Tina end up with if she was never with Al? (Probably Gooshie).

Good Question

That is a really good question, also it would have been nice to see what happened to the timeline as Al remained married to Beth

So by Sam changing history, certain events would have changed and perhaps Tina would have been replaced by beth PQL headquarters.

It is a shame the Donna/Beth issue was not resolved, one can only hope the TV movie comes around before Dean Stockwell retires

no if you saw the last scene of the episode mirror image,they said that beth and al got married and they have 3 kids and live hapilly ever after lol
they said what happened to beth but not to donna.Of course there is and another case,that they wanted to cancell the show bcouse the ratings of the show werent so good.I read it somehwere,so they wanted to end the show and they didnt care if they put the character donna back or not.They might have asked mimmi kuzak to star in the show again but she might refused so they didnt care.Or they wanted to leave this storyline open for future upcoming episdoes.

Last edited:
Or the case just may be that "Quantum Leap" was about Sam leaping through time - not what was happening at the Project so it just didn't make a difference to the show. Adding in the information about Beth and Al served as closure for the last time we see Sam leap. What's going on with Donna, Tina, etc. at the Project really isn't instrumental to the actual story line of the show.

Frankly, I could care less - that's not why I was watching QL. I think one of the biggest mistakes they made was in "The Leap Back" when they re-introduced Donna. In my mind after that leap Sam did something else that we didn't get to see to affect his own history again and she disappeared back to whereever she came from.

OR......

It could be that Bellisario did not know if the show would be renewed or not and so shot an ambiguous episode; then when they found out the show would NOT be renewed, they hurriedly put the black cards together explaining what happened to Beth and Al and Sam. Realistically speaking, they couldn't cover every minor character. Al and Sam are the two majors--quite honestly, if Beth's actions weren't so integral to Al's life, all you would have heard about was Sam and Al.