BLF theorys

C

crowovw

Ok, VS peeps, where I come from, there is a much nicer way to put things as far as asking me what my topic has to do with VS and to go elsewhere, I thought it was alittle rude but if you didn't mean it to be than no harm done ok!!!:nut I didn't see any other topic with VS so I thought it was a all VS questions thread.
Now then, yes you would think Sammy Jo created a paradox, but all it does is erases her future existance, I think She is leaped right to the project because that is where her other future self is/was.
Al and everyone else at the project knows who she is and help her in her new future by putting her in school ect...
You asked me to explain more, in what specific part did you want to know about. Glad your interested.

For those who haven't heard the theory her is what I've come up with:
Trey says in the first act Sam meets here when she is 12, I do believe she was that age in Trilogy 3, so I'm assuming that will be archive footage. Sammy is now 20 somethings which according to QL she should be like 30 something, so how is she 20 something.
I believe one theory of mine is they ended up shutting down the project because Sam dissapeared and she ended up trying to go back to the year where she met Sam, he did say he was Sam, years later it obiously doned on her that it was Sam. So Sammy trying to as she says in trilogy 3 go back in time and see her father and tell him that she loves him. Something goes wrong and she ends up leaping her younger self to the future and since the leaps are not timed it happens after the trial, and since she tries to lock on her past self obiously her brainwaves/neurons and masons are the same in any time so her future presents sends her past years to the future because they are the same person just in a different time. Maybe she lands at the project sometime after Sam steps into the excellerater, when Sam comes home in the leap back Sammy is in school and Al doesn't mention a thing until Trilogy keeping that scene the same thus not changing a thing at the end of the episode and history then remains the same only her age has changed.
Or with Sams brainsmarts she invents a age reverse machine to have more time to search for Sam.

> Re: BLF theorys

I came up with almost the same theory (not sure if I deciphered your post correctly, though) months ago, remember? Sammy Jo would somehow be leaped into 1980 right after she was born in 1966. She'd then grow up from 1980 on, and have Al be one of her professors in college, changing her own history, etc. Trey's idea isn't all that bad if only it didn't contradict previously established facts! Ignoring these types of details kind of makes me not even want to see this film.

Re: > Re: BLF theorys

Yes I remember just about the same theory, To what exactly does this cancil out?? I came up with a theory that doesn't cancil out anything previously in QL. Like Sammy Jo leaping after the trial ended and her leaping to the project thus keeping what Al said at the end of the trilogy episode, she's still there and everything else just younger. I am curious is what this does cancil out, if you would be so kind to explain.

> Re: > Re: BLF theorys

The fact that your theory doesn't cancel anything out and mine does is where the difference comes in. For example, by having Sammy Jo leap forward to 1980 (still can't come up with a good reason how this is possible if no one bounces her out), she negates her previous history. It cancels out her life and pretty much everything we knew about her aside from her date of birth. In essence, it also ensures that she never makes it back to her correct time continuum in 1966.

Now she'll grow up under different circumstances, and never join the Project and instead still be in college in the present day where Al can be her teacher. I mean, unless something like this happens, I really don't see any way Trey Callaway's script can make sense, unless some new aspect about the Project's technology or time-travel is introduced. Not paying attention to previously established facts makes things complex when they don't need to be. The logistics of how the Project works is complicated enough already! Trey must have purposely ignored this to make his "own" movie.

I'm still not understanding how the present Sammy Jo can leap out young Sammy Jo and not cancel any original history out. Are you saying the present Sammy Jo will live out her life over again in the past and do things the exact same way so that an infinity loop occurs? I'll try to read through your posts again, but please understand that it is difficult to read when it is jumbled together. If she leaps into herself in the past, that already changes history.

Re: > Re: > Re: BLF theorys

Oh no no, she tries to leap into herself, by doing this her brainwaves lock on to her past self and she accidently leaps her past self forward in time after the trial, she tries before the trial when she knows Sam is there but since the leaps aren't timed the leap takes affect after the trial. It erases her present existance and makes wave for her younger self. I'll explain more later if ya like, just let me know about any confusion you may have

(*I, SithLord176, am allowing Damon to respond again. It is tricky to respond to certain posts when the Dark Side consumes oneself. Perhaps Damon is trying to resist my power... foolish whelp...)

Okay, I think I know what you mean now... you mean that the 11-year-old Sammy Jo is accidentally retrieved instead of Sam in 1978, correct? (On that particular date, July 28, 1978, I believe, she would be 11, not 12, but it's not that important.) Interesting theory, since I myself have had similar theories. The problem with that is that the interview seemed to imply something different...
Trey said:
Sam gets some limited interaction with Sammy Jo back in 1992 as a kid on a soccer field. Then we are now in the present day and she is finishing up with college and toying with a very serious relationship, facing a lot of issues that 20-somethings have to face upon leaving the safety net of college.
Unless I read it wrong (which is quite possible), the impression I got from that was that it would begin with Sam leaping back to a pre-teen Sammy Jo in the year 1992 (not 1978 ), and she continued living her life normally from that point on; so that by the time 2005 comes along, she is now in her mid-twenties and in college. Which would mean that at some point between 1978 and 1992, her life got "uprooted" from her normal space-time coordinates by an unknown source...

This is what has many of us a bit concerned: if her younger self was displaced in time as a result of a retrieval attempt gone "ca-ca" in the present, then that younger self should end up in the year 2005, not in the past. Meaning, if the Sammy Jo of 2005 leaped into her younger self in 1978, then the Sammy Jo of 1978 would end up in 2005, not 1992. Project Quantum Leap was still being built in 1992, so how can her displaced younger self wind up in a timeframe before the time-travel experiments even began? I do understand what you're saying, but it can't be explained logically using what we know about how Project Quantum Leap works.

Now, if someone left behind some kind of portable time-travel device that she found in 1978 which accidentally sent her to a random point into her future, then ok, maybe. I mean, that's basically what I wrote in my "Lifetime" trilogy for TVS to explain how Alia's son, Adam, is out there mucking up time: Sam leaped 30 years into the future (2034/2035), received a retrieval chip from Sammy Jo's future daughter, Isabella Fulton, brought it back with him to 1984, planted it in a key component of Ziggy's prototype at the Starbright Project, and it activated 20 years later, bringing him home. Cause and effect. Meanwhile, after Alia was freed, she ended up in 1977 as herself and had a son in 1980 named Adam, whom she gave up for adoption. He grew up and began inventing new technology using the journals he received from Zo?'s father in the early 90s (which he got when he interrogated Sam in 1959), then created a portable time-travel unit in 2005, went back to 2000 (as himself, which means that he was now 25 years old in 2000) and became Zo?'s new partner shortly after they lost Alia. They waited for Sam to return home: Zo? leaped into Sam, Adam leaped into Al, they both sabotaged Ziggy so that Adam could steal the chip that Sam brought back from the future; then he betrays Zo?, sends her back and escapes, traveling through time as himself. Sam returns home, only to begin a new leaping cycle so that the Acclerator wouldn't overload and create the dark future he saw the first time around. But, Adam is still out there, traveling through the timeline with future technology he isn't supposed to have. There's no telling what effect that might have on the space-time continuum. See how complicated this stuff can be for the average person? And yet, this is nothing compared to some of the other stuff I've come up with over the years. (And yes, that might have been just a tad confusing, so if you don't understand that, I'll be happy to explain it more when I have the time.) ;)

P.S to Crowovw: See, now, if you had just brought up this theory and asked in the very first post how ABLF ties in with the VS, if at all, there wouldn't have been a problem. We're not like the other boards (I won't mention names, *cough* STARTREK.COM *cough* DCCOMICS.COM *cough*) where someone posts a wild theory and someone else says, "Your theory sucks!" Most of those people have no imagination and only have one opinion that they rigidly stick to. Nothing at Al's Place is ever a dumb question... (at least, not most of the time anyway). We just didn't know how your theory related to the topic of discussion, that's all. I hope you "get it" now... and I am sorry if my post sounded like I was "going off" on you. I'm still not sure I like your blas? attitude toward the way we reacted (given the :nut emoticon you used), but I'm letting it go for now. This discussion ends from this point forward. If you wish to debate this further, PM me. Keep it off this board, okay?

To all members: Let's get back to talking theories, stories, character discussions, or whatever else tickles your fancy. And most of all, keep it clean and civilized, okay? :)

(*SithLord176 once again fights for supremacy... "BEGONE, Dman! I am your master now! Stop trying to fight me! Out damn spot! OUT, I say!" )

*blink blink* *blink blink*

Uhm... er... ooo-kay. :banghead

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of the theories being explained here... so...

Perhaps one day when The Sith Lord releases the other half of my brain, I'll be able to comprehend it all.

Oh no, past Sammy doesn't end up in 2005 she like Sam is randomly transported to the year that would make her in her 20 somethings in todays time as Trey says. Also remember Sam radomly leaped around in time. According to Sam he started project QL in 1995. I believe it took more than just a few years to build project QL, I mean common the facilitys, goverment grants, money, construction, it took awhile to build that, so maybe around 1991 she landed there proving project QL was a success. Al kept her out of Sams life to prevent a paradox or seriously screwing something up, which also goes to show why Al fought so hard to keep funding for the project.

You asked how did she end up in a time frame before the experiments. Simple the alternate time line, how does Beth and Al end up togeather, Sam did it in a alternate timeline.

time device

ok....about sammie finding a time device..what if she stumbled across moe stien's(captain galaxy's) make shift time machine and tweaked it???
:spidey
Dman176 said:
(*I, SithLord176, am allowing Damon to respond again. It is tricky to respond to certain posts when the Dark Side consumes oneself. Perhaps Damon is trying to resist my power... foolish whelp...)

Okay, I think I know what you mean now... you mean that the 11-year-old Sammy Jo is accidentally retrieved instead of Sam in 1978, correct? (On that particular date, July 28, 1978, I believe, she would be 11, not 12, but it's not that important.) Interesting theory, since I myself have had similar theories. The problem with that is that the interview seemed to imply something different...

Unless I read it wrong (which is quite possible), the impression I got from that was that it would begin with Sam leaping back to a pre-teen Sammy Jo in the year 1992 (not 1978 ), and she continued living her life normally from that point on; so that by the time 2005 comes along, she is now in her mid-twenties and in college. Which would mean that at some point between 1978 and 1992, her life got "uprooted" from her normal space-time coordinates by an unknown source...

This is what has many of us a bit concerned: if her younger self was displaced in time as a result of a retrieval attempt gone "ca-ca" in the present, then that younger self should end up in the year 2005, not in the past. Meaning, if the Sammy Jo of 2005 leaped into her younger self in 1978, then the Sammy Jo of 1978 would end up in 2005, not 1992. Project Quantum Leap was still being built in 1992, so how can her displaced younger self wind up in a timeframe before the time-travel experiments even began? I do understand what you're saying, but it can't be explained logically using what we know about how Project Quantum Leap works.

Now, if someone left behind some kind of portable time-travel device that she found in 1978 which accidentally sent her to a random point into her future, then ok, maybe. I mean, that's basically what I wrote in my "Lifetime" trilogy for TVS to explain how Alia's son, Adam, is out there mucking up time: Sam leaped 30 years into the future (2034/2035), received a retrieval chip from Sammy Jo's future daughter, Isabella Fulton, brought it back with him to 1984, planted it in a key component of Ziggy's prototype at the Starbright Project, and it activated 20 years later, bringing him home. Cause and effect. Meanwhile, after Alia was freed, she ended up in 1977 as herself and had a son in 1980 named Adam, whom she gave up for adoption. He grew up and began inventing new technology using the journals he received from Zo?'s father in the early 90s (which he got when he interrogated Sam in 1959), then created a portable time-travel unit in 2005, went back to 2000 (as himself, which means that he was now 25 years old in 2000) and became Zo?'s new partner shortly after they lost Alia. They waited for Sam to return home: Zo? leaped into Sam, Adam leaped into Al, they both sabotaged Ziggy so that Adam could steal the chip that Sam brought back from the future; then he betrays Zo?, sends her back and escapes, traveling through time as himself. Sam returns home, only to begin a new leaping cycle so that the Acclerator wouldn't overload and create the dark future he saw the first time around. But, Adam is still out there, traveling through the timeline with future technology he isn't supposed to have. There's no telling what effect that might have on the space-time continuum. See how complicated this stuff can be for the average person? And yet, this is nothing compared to some of the other stuff I've come up with over the years. (And yes, that might have been just a tad confusing, so if you don't understand that, I'll be happy to explain it more when I have the time.) ;)

P.S to Crowovw: See, now, if you had just brought up this theory and asked in the very first post how ABLF ties in with the VS, if at all, there wouldn't have been a problem. We're not like the other boards (I won't mention names, *cough* STARTREK.COM *cough* DCCOMICS.COM *cough*) where someone posts a wild theory and someone else says, "Your theory sucks!" Most of those people have no imagination and only have one opinion that they rigidly stick to. Nothing at Al's Place is ever a dumb question... (at least, not most of the time anyway). We just didn't know how your theory related to the topic of discussion, that's all. I hope you "get it" now... and I am sorry if my post sounded like I was "going off" on you. I'm still not sure I like your blas? attitude toward the way we reacted (given the :nut emoticon you used), but I'm letting it go for now. This discussion ends from this point forward. If you wish to debate this further, PM me. Keep it off this board, okay?

To all members: Let's get back to talking theories, stories, character discussions, or whatever else tickles your fancy. And most of all, keep it clean and civilized, okay? :)

(*SithLord176 once again fights for supremacy... "BEGONE, Dman! I am your master now! Stop trying to fight me! Out damn spot! OUT, I say!" )