"And in the fan-fiction category, the winner is....

1: The Thin Leap by Keely Flynn
2: No Greater Leap by Rick Chambers
3: Descent into Panic by Helen Earl

Runners up:
Stardust by Grey
Just Like Starting Over by Jacob LaCivita
Bourbon on the Rocks by Helen Earl
Tea with Tina by Karen Fisher
The Logical Leap by Sherri Washam
The Price by Grey
The Leap of Fame by Maret Johnson

These stories will be made available online as an e-zine, but it's going to be a few weeks as I'm taking some time off for post-convention crashing/getting my life back.

1: The Thin Leap by Keely Flynn
2: No Greater Leap by Rick Chambers
3: Descent into Panic by Helen Earl

Runners up:
Stardust by Grey
Just Like Starting Over by Jacob LaCivita
Bourbon on the Rocks by Helen Earl
Tea with Tina by Karen Fisher
The Logical Leap by Sherri Washam
The Price by Grey
The Leap of Fame by Maret Johnson

These stories will be made available online as an e-zine, but it's going to be a few weeks as I'm taking some time off for post-convention crashing/getting my life back.

Thanks for posting this, Em.

I look forward to reading them.

This previously modest writer has been bragging about her 3rd place to anyone and everyone. To think, I nearly hung up my keyboard through lack of confidence, and now... Now I'm 'an award-winning writer!' >VBG<
Thank you so much to the voting panel for shortlisting both my stories, and for placing "Descent" third.

It's a real honor to be one of the top 3 (second place) in the fiction contest and to attend The Leap Back convention. My wife and I had a terrific time. Well done to everyone who was involved in making this happen!

I believe the original plan was to provide the top 3 in printed form to Scott Bakula, Don Bellisario and Deborah Pratt. Is that still going to happen?

Congratulations to everyone who won. Is there any place that these stories could be read at (like on the website), because I think they would certainly be worth reading. :hurray:

Deb, Don and Scott got their printed copies in their convention bags.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to work on compiling the shortlisted entries into an ezine that will be downloadable from the site.

And if you had a dime for every time someone asked you that, you'd be rich, right? I know because I've asked you too.

Congratulations to everyone from me too.
:hurray::hurray::cheers:hurray::hurray:

I can't believe you're doubting your writing Helen, you rock!
Do you finally believe it? :b

8)

Congratulations to all the winners! And many thanks to those who judged. Not being the "joiner" type, I just discovered the results here on the forum. This was the first time I had the guts to send one of my stories to strangers to be judged - so I think 8th isn't bad for a first try. I was unable to attend the convention, so my story was my way of participating - hope you all like it. I know I'm really looking forward to reading the other 8!

Congratulations to all the winners! And many thanks to those who judged. Not being the "joiner" type, I just discovered the results here on the forum. This was the first time I had the guts to send one of my stories to strangers to be judged - so I think 8th isn't bad for a first try. I was unable to attend the convention, so my story was my way of participating - hope you all like it. I know I'm really looking forward to reading the other 8!

Congratulations - 8th place is wonderful for a first outing! I hope this will encourage you to write - and post - more. I know how you felt, it is like letting your children leave home putting your work out there, isn't it?

I'm certainly looking forward to reading your story - and the others too! Hope real life lets Emma get to it sooner rather than later!

At work, they want me to print mine out once they are published online and put an autographed copy in the school library! How's that for fame? :lol

I'm certainly looking forward to reading your story - and the others too! Hope real life lets Emma get to it sooner rather than later!

If I know Emma, she's on top of this and we'll all be exceptionally pleased with her hard work. Very much looking forward to seeing the final product and reading all the stories!

*sigh* :disbelief I work with Adobe every day at my job, but after downloading the file (and even just trying to open it) I get the message that it can't be opened because the file is damaged or corrupted. :cry

In a word...help!

I just tried it, but works fine for me. Must be something with your computer. Try downloading the adobe installer again, then redownload the stories.

"The Bard of Biddenham," is that for real? :D Congratulations! I still haven't read the story... must do.

Yes, it was actually the school Principal who called me that!

I would welcome honest feedback from anyone who does read the story.

I feel like a real celebrity when kids say, 'I saw you in the paper, Miss!'

Perhaps I should ask Scott if he wants my autograph! teehee >D

Dear committee...?

Don't mean to be a nag, but...
I really enjoyed reading the winning stories, but now there has been an interval of several months I was wondering if the other shortlisted stories will appear in e-zine form as originally suggested? I am curious to read the rest, and I know I am not alone in that.
If not, does that mean we are free to publish the rest independently?
I know we agreed that the Leap Back had exclusive rights to the top three for a year, which I am upholding, and I've held off with 'Bourbon on the Rocks' under the same understanding, but if it is not going to be possible to have an official e-zine, it would be nice if the writers could be allowed to put their stories 'out there' somewhere for the fans to access.