*gulp* QL reference on Robot Chicken

gelfling1220

Project QL Intern
Nov 1, 2001
New York City
www.angelfire.com
Anyone here watch Robot Chicken?

Tonight I watched my first episode of Robot Chicken on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim ("Toy meets World")... And I'll be darned there was a QL reference! Actually, it was a two-part reference because they came back to it.

:eek: Ohgosh... soooo wrong! :eek:

Hah! I've heard of this show before. I thought the idea of it was to use old '80s toys and use them for cartoonish-type scenes?

Heh heh... I just recently discovered this show through a few videos that had been uploaded to www.youtube.com. I've only seen one full episode, which must have had something like 20 to 30 different sketches altogether. It seems a lot like the kind of random humor of Family Guy, only even more idiotic, if that's even possible. :lol

There was one sketch I saw by itself called "Kill Bunny," which was a parody of Kill Bill, featuring Jesus in the Uma role, going after the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. It was so incredibly stupid that it was hysterical! I would have posted the link to it, but it seems as if the user took the video down. Oh well...

I'd be very interested to see that QL spoof.

Actually, I just did a search for "Robot Chicken" and found a few pages worth of videos. Dear Lord, I think I was rolling on the floor laughing!

I'm watching a few of them right now. I must warn you, some of these may not be for the faint of heart (make sure the kids are out of the room before you view the Six Flags, Flinstones and Charlie Brown sketches):

Michael Jackson versus...Michael Jackson?!!!!
Six Flags
Oz
Flinstones (Give me back my Pebbles)
Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin

(Don't let it be said I didn't warn anyone... There is a reason why it's called "Adult Swim" after all...) ;)

EDIT: I just found "Kill Bunny" (DEFINITELY make sure the kiddies are out of the room for this one)... couldn't find anything for Quantum Leap, though:

Kill Bunny ? An Easter cartoon

Damon

Last edited:
I can understand QL references in things... I mean, Quantum Leap has wonderful, fantastic things within it. HOWEVER... if they are spoofing off of and making fun of and it's just to make fun of (IE Southpark) then I'd rather not watch it.

MJ

gelfing that's so cool & i missed it :cry

LadyKayoss said:
They... decapitated an Archer figure? Those monsters!
they are not monsters...if scott dressed like frank n futer, excuse the spelling, i'd quite honestly croak. i think there is nothing hotter than a straight man in drag. it's a quark of mine i have come to embrace over the years.

laestrella said:
they are not monsters...if scott dressed like frank n futer, excuse the spelling, i'd quite honestly croak. i think there is nothing hotter than a straight man in drag. it's a quark of mine i have come to embrace over the years.

It's not what they did with the head that appalls me; it's that I've been trying to get my hands on an Archer figure for awhile, with no luck, and here they just decapitated a perfectly good figure.

no archer. someone on the scott bakula fan forum says she's got 5. hit her up for one...just kidding. i've got one from last birthday, near christmas. my parents had to tell my friends when we went to a toy store to kick me out of it. they also wanted to pitch in and get me it. i haven't opened the package...but it's mine...all mine. my spiderman and she-ra and he-man from the '80's are missing. so is michelangelo, donatello, & the leg less wonder woman. (lost their legs in a fight to the death, though. a headless archer is a good idea for someone to write more of a fan fic including macleod (highlander) and archer (enterprise). i don't like either, but man, both are sexy...adrian and scott. wouldn't mine being...that's all i have to say.